Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MilfieSakuraba-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:41 pm
MilfieSakuraba-
[~Tsukiki~]
Konnichiwa! Watashi no namae wa Cassie desu! Watashi no 12 sai desu! Literate japanese, very well done.

Awesome! I just started taking Japanese classes. biggrin

Hello everyone! (Oh right! I came here to introduce myself. sweatdrop )
I am Milfie, as you can see. I am 14 years old. I'm usually very nice, but mean people make me mad. I'm an otaku (someone who's very, very very obsessed with anime and manga). I love yaoi. heart heart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:28 pm
Hello, I am an over-literate 16 year old by the name of Black... Well, actually, it's Dawn, but hey... my last name's cooler.

Anyways, I've finished writing one novel (although I'm not too sure about publishing it...) and currently in the process of writing a second (non-related) novel.

I'm very glad I found this guild. I hate when ppl tlk lkie thsi... So annoying.

I heart you all!  

Dawn Black

ChaoticPrincess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:42 pm
Hello everyone! I am 16 years old, and my name is Kara. Thanks for letting me join this guild.

I'm pretty bad at these introductions as you can probably tell. I like to read mainly fantasy books, I'm kind of into writing but I don't think I'm too good at it. I don't watch much television, but when I do it's usually Food Network sweatdrop . I like to draw though I'm not good at it. I'm in choir and web design and I love them both!
I have one cat. His name is Freddy, and I think he's bi-polar stressed .

That's about all I can think of. You all can ask something if you want to.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:55 pm
Hi! I joined this guild yesterday, yet only found this topic today. I would like to thank to crew and captian of the guild for letting me join. I believe this guild would be vital if I want to be an author when I'm older (which I do). I've posted a story in the sub forum 'Story/RPG/Fanfiction' and though I hate to advertise, could I ask that people read my story? I need opinions on what quality of story I can produce and i would like advice. The story iscalled 'Fantasy Flop-outs' and I think it is one of my best works so far. Please tell me what you think!! Thank you! redface  

Wolfie Kid

Fuzzy Flatterer

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

.a.r.a.s.h.i.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:56 pm
Hi, I'm .a.r.a.s.h.i. but please do call me Ana. I enjoy reading, writing, listening to music, and watching j-doramas online (but I don't think anyone else here watches them)! I only watch TV for the cupcake and cake competitions on food network. I'm in band and love it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:06 pm
Er, hey everyone. I'm 14, going on 15 this year, and I can be literate when I want to be. On certain subjects I can relate to about literature, I can go pretty deep into it with the concept of it all. Anyway, I'm a MAJOR anime fan, ADORE Kingdom Hearts series. (especially Sora! heart ) And I am an artist, and I want to do avatar art, but sadly, I don't exactly have a scanner. But, oh well. I'm a Texen at heart, and no, before you even ask, I DON'T have that ridculous Texan accent. But my older brother sort of does... My older sister, well... We't not exactly "close". sweatdrop As for likes and dislikes, you'd have to send me a pm about it if you're really intrigued by me already. (which I HIGHLY doubt that)  

Dancing Dragon of Bending

Leah Hari

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:22 am
Hi, I'm an English major with a strong Greek and semi-strong Latin background. And an OED addiction. smile I love to write, and in the realm of guilty pleasures am writing a Smallville fanfiction in addition to an A/U Inuyasha WIP. Feel free to solicit me for chapters, or I can send you along to where they are posted online. smile

I'm looking for friends, so anyone who just wants to talk shop about writing, languages, or whatnot, let me know! I love Sam Shepard and Raymond Carver, on the literary side of stuff, am hooked on Asimov and Douglas Adams, and can't get enough of my latest book, "The Overachievers."

Book talk is fun. smile So please drop me a line!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:12 am
Hello, everyone! I'm amazed at the number of 'literate' kids in the guild. As for me, I am 18 years old and I love buying books of all kinds. I have what I like to call a 'starter set' library in my room. I have bought history books, my favorites are books on Ancient Civilizations; Fiction books, many of them are by Anne Rice; Manga, I am proud to admit I have a great number of those; Religion and Theology books; Occult and finally, 'to seek the truth' books. The last are those kind of books that investigate the different mysteries and secrets of life and societies.
Have I proven myself yet?  

Yokushi

Hirashio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:24 am
Hi.

My name is Hirashio, (as in the character from Shakespeare) and I am very glad to have been accepted as a part of this wonderful guild. I am a Captain of the Quill and Ink Guild, which is a guild for serious writers. As Captain, I must always be on my guard whether with my grammar, spelling or what have you to show my guild that I am as literate and grammatically correct as I say I am. I am happy to know that there are others out there who share in my belief that literate people can share the internet with L33T and txt tlk people; even if we aren't thrilled with their speech habits. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:36 pm
Well, if ev'ryone else is introducing themselves, then I should probably follow suit.

Hello! I'm Jon, and I'm not nearly as frightening as I probably look. At the moment, I'm saving towards a Guitar of Demona, and should have enough gold by the end of the month to finally complete myself to the extent allowed by the current items.

Outside of Gaia, I'm a 20 year-old college student majoring in Computer Science, minoring in Psychology, working as a Barista at Starbucks, and tutoring the new programming students between classes. I sleep when I can, eat when I have to, and spend what little free time I have creating games, settings, and spending time with the woman of my dreams.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, I'm an open book!  

Benjamin Snow

Tsalagi1923

Enduring Shapeshifter

8,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:14 pm
Hello everyone. I am fifteen, going to be sixteen in May. I am a Sophomore in High School and, from what I have been told, quite advanced in my English skills. Friends have called me a grammar nazi due to how many times I have corrected their grammar. Sadley I have even found a typo in my English book and my friends look at me like I am an alien.

I am known by many names. Captain Jack, Nys[the "y" is pronounced like the long "e"], Leiko, Lilith, Anakin, Yuna, Lock, Hiei, and many others. I will basically answer to anything. I get so many nicknames that it gets hard to keep them all in order.

My interests? Writing, reading, being on the computer, school[favorite subject is English and German is right up there next to it], some video games, helping other people, taking care of animals, roleplaying, and more. I can pretty much adapt to do almost anything. If it is something that I haven't done before, I will generally give it a try and do my best to find something that I like about it.

I have been writing since I was about seven or eight. I have come a long way in my grammar. I looked at a Rurouni Kenshin fanfiction that I had started a while ago[I can't remember how old I was] and I went through to edit it, and almost the whole first page was black. I had written in pencil and I didn't have a red pen near me so black was the first color I had grabbed to edit it in. Almost the whole first chapter was that way. I do love to hang around with my friends also.

I love to debate. I get into a lot of debates with one of my friends and a great majority of the time I end up winning. I am not saying that I would win all the debates that I get into. I have lost some debates and I know that I will lose more. I am not so prideful that I won't admit when I lose.

I also love anime and manga. My current obsession is Death Note. I also like Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Witch Hunter Robin, Wolf's Rain, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Prince of Tennis, and many more. My general attitude is like Naruto. I have been told that I am like a female version of Naruto. I guess that can be a scary thought..sort of.

Anyway, anything else that you would like to know? You can either look at my profile or send a PM my way. I would be happy to answer any questions as long as they are reasonable.

Auf Wiedersehen!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:29 pm
Hey, I'm a thirteen year old who has no clue what the heck people mean when they only put down the first letters. I support full writing, and spelling! I enjoy making new friends and try to understand other people's "unique" way of writing! mrgreen  

LadEEmrld

Ghost``

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:34 pm
Yo, the name's Ghost, I am an 11 year old game addict that likes to annoy people for the fun of it... That is all I am gonna say for my introduction here.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:27 pm
Hello! I'm Tre, a 20 year old English major from the sticks! I'm a literate Redneck, and I do editing and writing for the student paper at my college. I love to read, play more video games than can possibly be healthy, and am a total smart-a**. Please forgive my sarcasm!  

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games