Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:15 pm
Lauraisawesomeobvs
User Image

User Image
User Image

I think I'll go for a walk,

Maybe out in the rain,

Maybe there'll be tears rolling down my face...

Jack puttered along behind the rest of the first years, she found it most difficult to keep her eyes off of the ceiling. She failed to even notice the old hat sitting in front of them. "People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a relatively shy individual that has trouble making friends, but once I manage to form a bond with something there is very little that I won’t do for them. I keep my personal life very private and do not tell people more than I think they need to know, or give them ammunition to harm me in the future. "

...And I'd feel the pain.

Maybe think about something?

Maybe think about you?

User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Deputy Headmistress

Anya smiled when the girl was Sorted into her house and removed the Sorting Hat from her head. Checking the scroll, she looked up and called out the next name. "Jacqueline Rhodes!" Once the girl had taken a seat on the stool, she placed the Sorting Hat on her head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Hard working and friendly.
Loyal to those who earn your trust.
Your path is clear...
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:17 pm
User Image
Vivien Kensington -- First Year

Vivien's eyes darted around as she absorbed the sheer size of the room. Her nerves had calmed down significantly since getting off of the train. But, since then she had also overcome one of her greatest fears and spotted her first Centaur. A milestone that would go down in her leather journal no doubt. Now she was anticipating the calling of her name. The house called out by the sorting hat could make her parents proud or dissapoint them (and her) for the rest of her carreer as a student here. She knew that she would soon hear her name called out and she hated to admit, but she was frightened of what weakness the hat would see in her.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm painfully shy (around people whom she's had had no interaction with) but very intelligent and curious about everything. She's also very sarcastic and blunt, some may say snarky (only once she warms up to people) and loyal to a fault. She will stand by your side no matter what.

Geoera

tarantaellegra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:19 pm
User Image
Ƀlake Ɇthelwine

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Following the crowd of first years, Blake gazed in awe of the magnificent building. It was truly a lot better actually being here than hearing the stories of his parents. His pace increased slightly, this was the most excited he's ever been his whole life. Well not that his life was long but you understand. Halting near the front of the crowd, he looked around at the Great Hall trying to take it all in, patiently waiting for his name to be called. To those he was acquianted with, he made sure that he gave them an encouraging smile after they were sorted.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm tolerant, friendly when spoken too but otherwise quiet. Not exactly the smartest of the bunch, but his hard efforts makes do.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:19 pm
User Image
Archades "Archie" Montague
Firstie - "....." House

Archades shifted nervously as he waited for his name to be called. There was nothing he could have read to prepare him for being up there in front of everyone. He gulped and glanced at Sparrow and Aster then straightened his back and faced forward resolutely. As he prepared to go up he began running a chain of thoughts through his head.
Anywhere but Slytherin, I'm not ambitious. Anywhere but Slytherin, I'm not ambitious He desperately wished he had a book to hide behind - or Kestrel on his shoulder. The thought of his pet raven made him smile slightly.

People say that, in a nutshell,I am intensely inquisitive, and love finding out how things work. Aside from that, I'm Loyal and head-strong. I don't care if people insult me, but if you insult a friend I'll follow you however far I have to to make you pay.

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:27 pm
Spazcatking
User Image

Austin's eyes scanned the Great Hall. So many people he thought feeling more nervous then ever. He gulped loudly and turned his gaze to the floor. Waiting for his name to be called

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm smart, kind, crippling shyness at first though he will talk if someone attempts conversation (not much though), helpful, and fun loving

User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Deputy Headmistress

Anya smiled to the girl and removed the Sorting Hat from her head, sending her in the direction of the Hufflepuff table. She looked at her list and called the next child. "Austin Brighton!" Once he had taken his seat on the stool, she placed the Sorting Hat on his head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Kind and bright,
Loyal and peaceful
Helpful and fun,
I know just the place
Where you'll do best...
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:31 pm
Ura the rainbow King
Shin Sever 1st Year

Shin waked for his turn. A scowl on his face. He hated these crowds. He just knew people were looking at his scar. Once he was called, he walked up. One strong thought in his head. 'DONT GIVE MY FAMILY ANOTHER REASON TO HATE ME...SLYTHERIN!'

User Image

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a cunning, spiteful, sadistic, self serving joker, that is some how still slightly likable.

User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Deputy Headmistress

Anya dismissed the boy and called the next name on the list. "Shin Sever!" Once the boy took a seat, she placed the Sorting Hat on his head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Slytherin, eh?
Just to please the family?
I think you'd make friends in Gryffindor
But if that is what you'd want then...
Slytherin!

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:34 pm
Roisin O'Brennan

User Image

When her name was called, Roisin confidently strolled up to the stool and placed the ratty old hat on her head. She knew it was special and all, but it was still a ratty old hat. At least it wasn't moldy. Before it fell over her eyes, she looked out at the Great Hall. She didn't particularly like attention, normally, but at the moment, Roisin didn't even notice the stares from the four House tables or the Staff table behind her. She notice the the extent of her new freedom. And smiled.

I am Roisin O'Brennan and people say that, in a nutshell, I'm exactly like my name’s sake, pretty but with thorns. I’m told that I’m intimidating, but really I’m observant, silent – for the most part, independent, a bit of a loner, and self-serving.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:38 pm
Daem0nsw0lf
Annika Giovanni, First Year Student, Secret Member of the Malavei

User Image
“...Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”
~~

((OOC: VT, remember to put me in ravenclaw?))

Annika sauntered up to the hat as her name was called, she sat regally on the stool. Allegra curled up on her lap and purred.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm cold and calculating. I hate muggles and half breeds with a passion. I am exremely intelligent and proud of my pureblood roots. I enjoy reading textbooks and other academic books to advance my general knowledge. I have high expectations of myself in academic regards. I really hope I get into Ravenclaw, though some people say I belong in Slytherin. I HATE Slytherins though, they're a bunch of posers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allegra, loyal pet to Annika

User Image

{VT's not doing the Sorting. But don't you worry.}

User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Deputy Headmistress

Anya removed the Sorting Hat from the boy's head and directed him towards the Slytherin table, then looked for the next name on the list. She called out, "Annika Giovanni!" Once the girl took the seat, she place the Sorting Hat on her head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Despite your dislike for them,
you'd be a perfect candidate for Slytherin.
I can sense deep within you,
a pride for being pure-blooded.
You have cunning.
You have wile.
But your thirst for knowledge,
leads me to one conclusion...
Ravenclaw!

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Rechosia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:38 pm
User Image
User Image

Jadyn walked into the Great Hall amid the group of first years, and as they made their way to the front Jadyn couldn't help but gasp and stare at the ceiling. It perfectly reflected the crisp, starry sky of the night outside. It only served to enhance the excitement he felt as they came to a stop in front of the table of professors. Looking forward, Jadyn saw an ancient hat perched on a stool. He grinned, knowing he would soon be sorted into the house where he would spend his years here at Hogwarts.

Jadyn anxiously awaited his turn as names were called to go up and be sorted. It seemed like an eternity, but finally the professor called in a clear voice, "Jadyn Kinzer!" Jadyn, ecstatic and excited, hurried forward and sat on the stool.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm energetic, outgoing, and can be somewhat of a goofball. I love meeting new people and I'm always trying to make the people around me laugh and have a good time. My friends will describe me as brave, which I suppose I am. I'm loyal to the people around me, down to Earth, and yet can be stirred up when you mess with the people I hold close.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:47 pm
anbu_ninja_penguin
User Image
User ImageNicole walked in a smile on her face. She was simply glad that they were finished with the boat. She quickly spotted her brother and slipped her had on his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him knowing how much he didn't like crowds.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm She is incredibly sweet. She will loan out anything if someone asks politely for it. She is also kind and compassionate.User Image

User ImageUser Image

User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Deputy Headmistress

Nicole removed the Sorting Hat from Annika's head and sent her to the Ravenclaw table, then looked down at her list. The next child had the same last name as one of the others. Ah, twins, she thought to herself and called out, "Nicole Johnson!" Once the girl had been seated, she placed the Sorting Hat on her head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Young lady, you are the definition of kind.
Compassionate and loyal, like your brother.
As well you belong in...
Hufflepuff!

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:58 pm
Geoera
User Image
Vivien Kensington -- First Year

Vivien's eyes darted around as she absorbed the sheer size of the room. Her nerves had calmed down significantly since getting off of the train. But, since then she had also overcome one of her greatest fears and spotted her first Centaur. A milestone that would go down in her leather journal no doubt. Now she was anticipating the calling of her name. The house called out by the sorting hat could make her parents proud or dissapoint them (and her) for the rest of her carreer as a student here. She knew that she would soon hear her name called out and she hated to admit, but she was frightened of what weakness the hat would see in her.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm painfully shy (around people whom she's had had no interaction with) but very intelligent and curious about everything. She's also very sarcastic and blunt, some may say snarky (only once she warms up to people) and loyal to a fault. She will stand by your side no matter what.

User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Deputy Headmistress

Anya removed the Sorting Hat from the girl's head and directed her to the Hufflepuff table, then called out the next name on her list. "Vivien Kensington!" Once the girl was seated, she placed the Sorting Hat on her head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Loyalty serves as a big issue to you,
some might even say to a fault.
At Hufflepuff, that trait is respected,
and so my decision is...
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:06 pm
L3GlT
User Image
Ƀlake Ɇthelwine

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Following the crowd of first years, Blake gazed in awe of the magnificent building. It was truly a lot better actually being here than hearing the stories of his parents. His pace increased slightly, this was the most excited he's ever been his whole life. Well not that his life was long but you understand. Halting near the front of the crowd, he looked around at the Great Hall trying to take it all in, patiently waiting for his name to be called. To those he was acquianted with, he made sure that he gave them an encouraging smile after they were sorted.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm tolerant, friendly when spoken too but otherwise quiet. Not exactly the smartest of the bunch, but his hard efforts makes do.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Deputy Headmistress

Anya dismissed Vivien and sent her over towards the Hufflepuff table, then called out the next name on the list. "Blake Ethelwine!" Once the boy had taken the seat, she placed the Sorting Hat on his head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

An Ethelwine, eh?
Pure-blooded but tolerant of all,
and a hard effort always put in.
The choice is obvious for you...
Gryffindor!

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:15 pm
I_am_Ronnel_no_Fenniksu
User Image
Archades "Archie" Montague
Firstie - "....." House

Archades shifted nervously as he waited for his name to be called. There was nothing he could have read to prepare him for being up there in front of everyone. He gulped and glanced at Sparrow and Aster then straightened his back and faced forward resolutely. As he prepared to go up he began running a chain of thoughts through his head.
Anywhere but Slytherin, I'm not ambitious. Anywhere but Slytherin, I'm not ambitious He desperately wished he had a book to hide behind - or Kestrel on his shoulder. The thought of his pet raven made him smile slightly.

People say that, in a nutshell,I am intensely inquisitive, and love finding out how things work. Aside from that, I'm Loyal and head-strong. I don't care if people insult me, but if you insult a friend I'll follow you however far I have to to make you pay.

User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Deputy Headmistress

She took the Sorting Hat off of Blake's head and directed him to the Gryffindor table, then looked at the next name on the list. "Archades Montague!" she called out. Once the boy had taken his seat, she placed the Sorting Hat on his head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

You've no need to fear,
Slytherin isn't in you.
Your loyalty bring me to Hufflepuff,
but your thirst for knowledge leads to...
Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Aster Owena Cardell - 1st Year; No House

User Image
User Image
"Sometimes when I'm alone I wonder, is there a spell that I'm under, keeping me from seeing the real thing?"
User Image
Aster walked into the Great Hall, and then shuffled in line with the rest of her fellow First Years. She was rather relaxed about the Sorting, now that she knew a lot about it. When she noticed the Hat moved, talked, and had facial expressions, she became visibly shocked. No one had told her it was alive! Coeur's name was called, and Aster clapped after the girl was sorted into Ravenclaw. Her attention eventually drifted away from the Sorting to her surroundings. She took in the sights of the starry ceiling, floating candles, house hourglasses, and the people themselves, with an contained look. "Its wonderful." She thought, for lack of a better word. The grey-haired girl felt someone looking at her, and spotted Archie. She gave the boy a small smile, and then mouthed. "Good luck." Once his named was annouced. Aster clapped once the red head was sorted into the House he wished for. Aster Cardell. The professor called. The girl straighten her skirt, and then gracefully made her way to the platform. She took a seat on the stool, and placed her hands onto her lap. The Hat was placed on her head. She looked up to it and whispered. "I do not care where I am placed. As long I can consider it a home away from home... Please make sure that happens, Mister Hat...

Quote:

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quiet, polite, reflective, passive, and very intelligent. I have been told I have a calming and gentle aura, and hold a certain "grace under pressure" quality to me when dealing with problems or stress. I do not anger easily, and it takes a lot to offend or hurt me. I dislike conflict and violence, so I'll compromise or play peace maker—to a certain point, mind you. I can often be seen, book in hand, when I have free time.

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:44 pm
Dame NightFury
Roisin O'Brennan

User Image

When her name was called, Roisin confidently strolled up to the stool and placed the ratty old hat on her head. She knew it was special and all, but it was still a ratty old hat. At least it wasn't moldy. Before it fell over her eyes, she looked out at the Great Hall. She didn't particularly like attention, normally, but at the moment, Roisin didn't even notice the stares from the four House tables or the Staff table behind her. She notice the the extent of her new freedom. And smiled.

I am Roisin O'Brennan and people say that, in a nutshell, I'm exactly like my name’s sake, pretty but with thorns. I’m told that I’m intimidating, but really I’m observant, silent – for the most part, independent, a bit of a loner, and self-serving.

User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Deputy Headmistress

She removed the Hat from the boy's head and directed him to the Ravenclaw table, slightly pleased that her House got another. She looked at the next name on the list and called out, "Roisin O'Brennan!" Once the girl was seated, she put the Sorting Hat on her head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Ratty old hat, eh?
Maybe you'd like the dungeons.
However, your distaste for Muggles,
makes you a perfect candidate for...
Slytherin!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games