Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Forbidden Forest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:17 pm

User Image

Once an heir, now a leader. I only hope I can do as well as my father wanted...

Ammar huddled himself on the ground, covered in furs of animals that he and his herd had collected from animals that they had killed. The night was chilly, and a breeze made the leaves above him shudder and whisper. Leaves fell to the ground around his sleeping form, the sounds of the forest fading from Ammar's consciousness. Living his entire life in the forest, he was accustomed to the noises and sounds that this ancient forest made. Colts and foals of the herd whimpered with fear, but they would soon become used to the mysterious noises the trees made.

It was when there were foreign noises that worried Ammar. Ever since his father passed away and handed the responsibilities of leading the herd to him, Ammar was learning more and more about how many dangers there truly were. And all of them he had to protect his people from.

When two cries filled the night, Ammar's eyes shot open and he lifted his head to listen. Silence followed suit. There were no more cries, but he had to check. It was his duty as the protector and leader of his herd. He stood, letting the furs fall from his body and stretched. Some of his joints cracked, filling the silence. With a sigh, he glanced up at the stars and noticed how red they seemed to be. Something strange was happening in the forest this night.

User Image
User Image
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:03 pm

User Image
Isn't anyone tryin to find me?
Won't somebody come take me home
It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life

Ῐϻᾰɍᾰ
Ȼentaur Ϣarrior

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Deep in her dreams, Imara ran through the forest at blinding speeds. The thrill of the chase, the pure joy of speed filled her from head to hoof. Then, a scream. She stopped, confused. Another scream, different this time, but still in pain. It was then that she woke up... Her eyes fluttered open and looked around, searching for the source of the shrill cries. Everyone was sleeping. Everyone, except for her leader. Quietly and quickly, she rose from her sleeping position on the ground and crept over to him. "Did you hear that too? Or was it just me?" she asked Ammar in a whisper. She didn't want to wake the herd over something that may or may not be a threat.

{OOC:}

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Ȼurrent Ƚocation Forbidden Forest
Ӻriend or Ӻoe Ammar and the herd
Ῐnner Ҭhoughts What was that?

Won't you take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:31 pm

User Image
☾ Serallius ☽
A roaming centaur...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

The calm state of the forest echoed the sound of an agonizing scream, that of a sufferer. The sensitive ears of Serallius picked up these cries for help, as he woke up and observed his surroundings. Ser was slightly groggy, having been woken up from his rest, but soon enough he was alert and alive.

The zephyr blew softly, the stars blinked in confusion. What was happening?

Ser got up from his resting spot, taking note that Imara and Ammar were both up. If a loud scream could disturb three centaurs in the quiet night, then something must've gone wrong. "Should we go scout?" Ser asked quietly.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- Martin Luther King Jr.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:01 pm

User Image

Once an heir, now a leader. I only hope I can do as well as my father wanted...

The centaur stretched his back legs, listening for anymore sounds. Nothing called out again. Whatever was in the dark forest was lurking still. It had caused two cries in the night, followed by silence. Oh yes, it was lurking still. The night was young. It probably wanted more blood before the day was upon it. Most dangerous creatures hunted in the night, preying on the unwary and the sleeping. Ammar needed to make sure that this creature was no where near his herd. It was his duty as leader.

When Serallius and Imara approached, Ammar shook his head,
"Something is hunting this night," Ammar's hooves sunk into the earth as he moved forward, "Scan the area, make sure it is not near us. Return if it is safe, call if it is not,"

Ammar gently galloped forward, into the forest's depths. When darkness swallowed him, Ammar glanced around, looking for trouble. His muscles tensed as he scanned the area, moving around the sleeping grounds of his herd. He needed to make sure that there was nothing nearby. This thing better know better than to mess with Ammar and the centaurs. Especially considering Ammar's physique had changed recently to be more foreboding.

The darkness made his eyes and chest shine whenever the moonlight was able to peek through the forest's trees. He was unable to find anything, no matter how many times he circled, or how far away from the sleeping grounds he was. With a huff, he jogged slowly through the forest, back to where he had been sleeping. He hoped that the other two centaurs would not find anything, or be harmed at all.

User Image
User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:22 pm

User Image
It's a damn cold night

Ῐϻᾰɍᾰ
Ȼentaur Ϣarrior

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Imara listened to the sleeping forest. Or, she hoped it was sleeping. Those screams concluded that there had been something, or someone, in the forest who could harm the herd, and she would not have that. Not now, not ever. Serallius came up beside her, and she gave him a glance before watching her leader leave after his orders had been placed. "Let us hope that whatever was here has gone home." she said, more-or-less thinking out loud. Trotting off to the right, she left the herd and entered the darkness of the forest. She preferred this, running in the night, hunting some unknown creature, than sleeping back with the herd. This was a much more exciting way of life. She picked her speed up to a gallop and came across a clearing that smelled of blood. She stopped, curious of the scent. She inspected the area, and found nothing but blood. "Whatever was here is gone now." she said to herself before circling back around and heading back towards the camp where the herd slept in peace. Her braids streamed out on either side of her face as she galloped. Once she arrived back at the camp, she resumed her previous position on the ground, wrapped in a few furs to keep her warm, and watched the stars. There was no way she could sleep now.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Ӻriend or Ӻoe Ammar, Serallius, and the herd
Ῐnner Ҭhoughts We are safe... for now...

Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:29 pm

User Image
Loretta Blake

Divination Professor

Ravenclaw
Loretta walked carefully through the forest. She had walked through the grounds but could not find Jack. She kept her eyes open, glancing around, her wand lit with Lumos. She probably should have waited for Jack, but she really needed to talk to the Centaurs about this Field Trip she had planned and also some information for her class. The woman shivered, and she rubbed her arms with her hands before placing her wand hand back out in front of her.

Sounds were around her, and an owl to her right startled the witch. She paused in her movements to take a few deep breathes, glancing back behind her, the trees blocking sight of the Grounds and the building.

Currently: Probably being an idiot. Outfit:Comfy.Accent:Very Welsh. Thoughts: Brrr it's cold...

little_kitten52

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:52 pm

User Image
☾ Serallius ☽
A roaming centaur...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Serallius watched as the two centaurs raced off into the the darkness. He took a deep breath before deciding which way he heard the scream come from and galloped into that direction. The short length of the yell Ser heard left him wondering which was the right way, since the silent forest echoed the tiniest sound, the nature of the forest seemed to amplify each noise.

As Ser increased his speed from a little gallop to full-speed running, he couldn't help but wonder what happened for such screams to pierce through the night. But there was nothing to be found, not even a trace of any living creature besides Serallius. The night was a time of rest, of isolation. He found nothing, no one, not even an intruder upon the herd's territory. He came to an abrupt stop, having inspected the entire area.

Just as Serallius was about to turn back and return to his herd, he heard footsteps from behind. Could this be the source of the scream? Or a possible connection to it? He raced forward, hopping over bushes and branches, eventually emerging in front of a witch. He slowed down as he circled once around the woman, eventually coming to a full stop.
"What is a witch doing in the forest at this hour?" Serallius asked, his voice confident and commanding.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

- Martin Luther King Jr.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:09 pm

User Image
Loretta Blake

Divination Professor

Ravenclaw
Loretta looked up at the Centaur before her and was momentarily stunned - They had learned about Centaurs at length at University, but it was always third-person accounts. She had never met one before. He was striking. She shook her head to get rid of her short daze before responding.

"I came to speak with a Centaur or two, actually. My name is Loretta Blake. I am the Divination Professor at Hogwarts." She hoped that her voice sounded strong and sure, but it was cold, and late, and she disliked the forest. She knew what kinds of creatures lurked about in here, and she was well aware she could be in danger.

"I was planning a wee 'field trip', if you will. My sixth year students are studying Centaur divination and i wanted to give them first hand experience. If allowed, i would like for them, there are two, to be able to come out and meet at least one of you, if that is alrigh'."

Currently: Talking with Serallius. Outfit: comfy. Accent:Very Welsh. Thoughts: I hope this works out.

little_kitten52

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:10 pm

User Image
☾ Serallius ☽
A roaming centaur...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

This witch got some guts, venturing off into the forest by herself. Judging by her speech, the different pitch from the scream, she wasn't the one who cried through the serene night. Serallius circled her once, twice, judging whether letting a witch and two of their children into the centaur territory was a good idea or not. She was crazy, if she thought she could keep the three of them safe in this dangerous forest.

"The stars are crying, the forest is solemn. You picked the wrong day to journey this deep," he said softly. "Come with me; I will bring you to the leader, whom you should speak to about your request." He turned around, facing the direction of the herd. He wondered what Ammar would think, bringing a witch into centaur territory. Ser waited for the witch to climb on so they could travel the large distance to be covered.
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

- Martin Luther King Jr.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:06 pm

User Image
Loretta Blake

Divination Professor

Ravenclaw
"I am sorry, and thank you. You are most helpful. Carefully, the woman climbed on Serallius' back. She was not completely sure how to ride on a Centaur... "May I..?" She inquired, wondering if she was allowed to place her arms around his waist to steady herself. She did not want to be rude. She wondered what he meant, that the stars were crying and the forest was solemn tonight? What had happened, just before her arrival, that had made him gallop so quickly to her and made the stars and forest so sad? Perhaps she would get an answer in the morning... Perhaps not. She doubted the Centaurs would inform her.

Currently: With Serallius. Outfit:comfy.Accent:Very Welsh. Thoughts: How do i..?

little_kitten52

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:09 pm

User Image
☾ Serallius ☽
A roaming centaur...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
"I don't mind," Serallius said. He knew that the woman would get thrown off of him the moment he took off. Traveling by centaur wasn't the most comfortable either. On second thought, why didn't the witch travel by broom? That would've been a lot easier than climbing through the ups and downs of the unpredictable forest.

That was enough idling for Serallius. Without waiting to see if the witch secured herself on his back or not, he took off into the shadows of the forest, accelerating with each gallop. His hooves dug into the earth below him, the "thud"'s echoed through the darkness of the night. The power of his long strides sent them flying through, his goal to reach the herd as fast as possible. He had been scouting for a long while now, though he wasn't sure if it was long enough to worry Ammar or Imara.

They eventually arrived to where the herd rested. Ser slowly came to a stop.
"Nothing out of the ordinary," he reported. "Though I did find her." He pointed at Loretta on his back.
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

- Martin Luther King Jr.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:18 pm

User Image
Loretta Blake

Divination Professor

Ravenclaw
Loretta barely had time to wrap her arms around the Centaur's waist before he took off at a full gallop. She gasped, burying her face against his shoulders gently and closing her eyes. She knew it would have been near impossible to fly through the forest on a broom, and she had never been very good at flying anyway. But right now, she almost wished she had chosen a broom. It probably would have been just as bad though, and much less easier to maneuver, considering she didn't know the forest well. When Ser stopped, she was grateful. She took a few deep, calming breathes. She would have slid off his back, but he remained fully standing, and the witch was too short to do so without hurting herself.

It's not that riding the Centaur was uncomfortable - probably just as uncomfortable as riding a horse bare-back - but it was something she was not used to. If it happened again, she would be more prepared.

Loretta remained silent. She hadn't been addressed yet and didn't want to seem rude.

Currently: With the Centaur herd. Outfit:Comfy.Accent:Very Welsh. Thoughts: i think i'd like to do that again...

little_kitten52

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:15 pm

User Image
It's a damn cold night

Ῐϻᾰɍᾰ
Ȼentaur Ϣarrior

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

As Imara watched the night sky with fascinated eyes, she couldn't help but wonder what the rest of the world was like. She had been in this forest for her whole life, and curiosity had always been one of her common traits. But here, those thoughts were frowned upon. This was where she belonged, she was always told. Her mind could not help but wonder such things even still. Then, the silence was interrupted by the sound of beating hooves, and Imara looked over and saw Serallius enter the centaur camp. She rose slowly and quietly, and walked over to greet him and ask about his findings. "You found a witch? In the middle of the forest? At night? And you brought her back here? Are you insane, Ser?" she asked him in a harsh whisper. Turning to face this woman, the young centaur took in everything about her, then turned back to Ser. "Why is she here? I know you, Ser. You don't do something this crazy without a good reason." she said to her friend, crossing her arms in front of her chest and watching him with unblinking brown eyes. She only hoped Ammar wouldn't wake up and see this two-legger among them. She could only imagine the trouble they'd be in.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Ӻriend or Ӻoe Ammar, Serallius, a witch, and the herd
Ῐnner Ҭhoughts What was he thinking?!

Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:25 pm

User Image
☾ Serallius ☽
A roaming centaur...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

"When I found her, she was quite far from Hogwarts," Serallius explained. "The two screams we heard couldn't be far from where she was. Who knows? Perhaps whatever attacked the other being or beast could've came back and attacked her. I couldn't just leave her like in the middle of the forest."

He looked around the herd of sleeping centaurs, and realized that maybe he wasn't thinking clearly. Honestly, he didn't understand the relationship between centaurs and wizards, since he had been roaming alone in the forest for a very long time before joining Ammar. "Besides, she performed the feat of walking in the shadows of the Forbidden Forest when it's at its most dangerous just to request something simple."

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games