Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Kaiba Seto Guild
YuGiOh cosplay images!|| Kai's a ho; now w/ moar bewbz! || Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kai makes a hotter...
  Boy
  Girl
View Results

Ryu_chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:49 pm
jagged1
Ryu_chan
My twelve-year-old brother has Seto's haircut, and blue eyes--but it's too ash-blonde, his eyes are gray-blue--not piercing, electric blue-- and he has freckles all over his face. Otherwise I'd so be whoring him out as a mini-Kaiba. ((Figuratively, not literally, of course... sweatdrop ))

*Watches someone run by, staring blankly and deciding not to ask*
That's still really close.

True, true.....know where I could cheaply get materials to make him a gravity-defying trenchcoat?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:05 pm
Alright, you gotta ask a really good cosplayer that. *cough*Kaiba!*cough*  

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Ryu_chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:56 pm
Then I'd need a black wig to be Mokuba. OMG role-reversal!!! rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:25 am
Set0Kaiba
User Image

OMG!!that´s very COOL!!! Love it!! xd  

YamiEiji

Kaiba
Crew

Beloved Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:27 am
Ryu_chan
jagged1
Ryu_chan
My twelve-year-old brother has Seto's haircut, and blue eyes--but it's too ash-blonde, his eyes are gray-blue--not piercing, electric blue-- and he has freckles all over his face. Otherwise I'd so be whoring him out as a mini-Kaiba. ((Figuratively, not literally, of course... sweatdrop ))

True, true.....know where I could cheaply get materials to make him a gravity-defying trenchcoat?

cheaply + gravity-defying coat = near impossible.

If you want to make a good outfit, you should spend the money to ensure the quality of said outfit. Because if you use cheapass fabric and like the coat with wiring, the wiring's gonna poke out and you're gonna lose that effect entirely. most cosplayers opt not to make the coat fly out in all directions to give it a more "natural occurancce in reality" kinda feel. (Personally, I'm one of those people... 's also why I didn't point up the shoulders on mine and whatnot...) But, whatever. If you want to make a gravity-defying coat, you should use a thick silk or pleather. I wish I was kidding about the pleather. The lining is always a silk.

Now, this is a slight problem, seeing as silk and pleather are two of the hardest fabrics to work with. You can't pin anything with pleather, and silk is a very, very slippery fabric.

...but you asked about the coat-flying, didn't you?

well, there are a few ways to go, the way I see it. All involve batting and chicken wire and/or some strong metal wire of some kind.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:38 am
Kaiba
Ryu_chan
jagged1
Ryu_chan

cheaply + gravity-defying coat = near impossible.

If you want to make a good outfit, you should spend the money to ensure the quality of said outfit. Because if you use cheapass fabric and like the coat with wiring, the wiring's gonna poke out and you're gonna lose that effect entirely. most cosplayers opt not to make the coat fly out in all directions to give it a more "natural occurancce in reality" kinda feel. (Personally, I'm one of those people... 's also why I didn't point up the shoulders on mine and whatnot...) But, whatever. If you want to make a gravity-defying coat, you should use a thick silk or pleather. I wish I was kidding about the pleather. The lining is always a silk.

Now, this is a slight problem, seeing as silk and pleather are two of the hardest fabrics to work with. You can't pin anything with pleather, and silk is a very, very slippery fabric.

...but you asked about the coat-flying, didn't you?

well, there are a few ways to go, the way I see it. All involve batting and chicken wire and/or some strong metal wire of some kind.

eek Wow.....you really are a professional at this, aren't you?  

Ryu_chan

Death T-2
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:54 pm
Oh yes, she's goood.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:05 pm
xD I'm okay. I'm working on a DD Warrior lady for Otakon < 333333  

Kaiba
Crew

Beloved Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Ryu_chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:40 pm
A what now?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:56 pm
Ryu_chan
A what now?
D.D Warrior Lady. It's a card. And we think your a goddess of cosplay D-chan.  

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Bitchboots
Captain

Divine Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:21 pm
*Gets some cider from the guild's kitchen* A toast to the Goddess of Cosplay!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:29 pm
*raises glass* To the Goddess of Cosplay!  

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Bitchboots
Captain

Divine Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:35 pm
May she continue to bring us joy and beautiful cosplay images for years to come!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:52 am
A salute to D-chan! We want to be her and be with her! Especially at cons!  

Death T-2
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:43 pm

Amen to that *drinks cyder* man I wish I could make my own clothes, or find someone good to do it. That way I would have not had to result to finding things on Ebay sweatdrop But it worked alright. But a pro would've been better. It was a prety damn good Mokuba costume for searching on Ebay xp

The Official Kaiba Seto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games