Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Dark Nexus ((Rant Thread)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kefkadragon

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:10 pm
Dear American entertainment industry,
Globalization is a good thing and all, but please, think of what people would think of Americans when viewing the shows. Keep that embarrassment called jersey shore in America so the other countries don't have to be disgusted by it. Also, how about we get more foreign shows? A lot of people watch Japanese t is the Internet so why not just translate it and put it in America? We already have Spanish soap operas playing. Why not Japan? Basically everything we have entertainment wise is made in asia anyway.

Sincerely,
People with half a brain and hate jersey shore.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:56 pm
To whomever took the Legacy name "Sinclair" on server Kath Hound on TOR:

E chu ta!

Sincerely,

EK  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:34 pm
I'm so tired of my friends hating each other. No matter what happens I always ******** lose.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:06 pm
Try getting caught in a war between 2 whole groups of friends where each person hates the other group.

The good news is I found out which friends of mine among them all were actually worth a damn, and which ones were just sucking up to me and a few others for favors.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:38 am
Dear Blizzard,

WTF man? Only 4 people in a Diablo 3 game? That's not even one of each character. Diablo 2 supported 8 characters plus shitloads of enemies and minions. Diablo 3, plus the computers running Diablo 3 are all much more powerful. So why not have 8, or even five slots? 4 is just a tiny number.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:47 pm
Dear PayPal,

Yes, your ToS says an account that's been " abandoned " is subject to taking over after a long period, but only after you give a damn good attempt to contact the owner.

Your only contact with me was today, years later, informing me you've decided to take over the account and give yourself my money, which you have no legitimate claim to by your own ToS clause, since you've clearly failed to contact me in the insanely easy method of the email that's blatantly obvious since that's how you told me you took the account to start ******** YOU!  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:23 am
I don't rant much (except in person) about my life. Particularily to the online community. First off, you guys honestly don't care. Second off, I hate to sound like a whiner. In spite of having to manage and maintain my own personal lifestyle, get a job, and forge my way in life, and the constant travails which assault my position, I honestly believe that by not venting (often) I at least maintain a sense of dignity, a sense of honor, or a sense of at least self worth that rises me above the masses of livejournal addicts, drama queens, or basically people with a holier than thou attitude that honestly believe themselves the center of the universe. While others may find my particular speechings and phrases to be over the top, arrogant, smug, or otherwise, that is upon their own faulting. Of course, this is not the subject matter of the rant.

Before I begin to expunge my thoughts here, let me first describe exactly what I do for a job. In layman's terms, I test meat. I utilize all those nice and nifty gadgets you use in biology and chemisty classes at college, such as gel electrophoresis, PCR, and so on, to verify the water content, fat content, and pathogenetic possibilities which infect our meat.

In short: I make sure that your meat is really what it says on the label.

Our company comprises of a few technicians like myself, who test small aloquots of samples, no more than a pound a piece. Each of these small samples represents about 2 tons of meat. We test about two hundred samples a night. Per customer. So approximately 800 thousand pounds of meat. We also have customers for jerky, con agra, and other major distribution centers, so let's just say my day job is ensuring the health and well being of about a million people.

Not shabby. But if a single sample does go by me, that's about 10 thousand lawsuits that can potentially pop up. And i'm not making hyperbole with this.

When a meat sample is considered positive for O157, Salmonella, Listera Monocytogenes, or other pathogens, the meat packing plant must of course, cook it to hell. they then send this overcooked meat to local schools, chef boyardee, and other canned meat products (sorry, not SPAM, try something cheaper) and then is fed to such folks. This includes even the dog food we test, because hobos in the city will literally eat pet food if they can.

Now that you might have a glimmer of the stress that is my everyday job, let me explain what happened.

You see, if my company (and by extension the workers) makes a mistake, letting a positive sample through, or falsely identifying a positive that's really a negative, we have to pay for our mistake. Considering the volumes I've just stated, one can understand just why I'm none-too-pleased by this.

And as kharma would have it, someone messed up.

A possible positive was bleached and thrown out before we confirmed.

What did you have to do nelo? piss and moan?

Why yes, dear readers. I spent the last four hours of my work day, marching down to the head office of the damn plant. I was talked at by a person who makes easily five times as much as me, as I was the person who had to tell these folks that my coworkers were incompetant. I was told just how much I was an idiot. I was told how much I was the dumbest ******** I could be. I was told just how much money this was going to cost them, and how much to cost me. And I had to sit and take it. As I told them information back, I simply was given the rights as if I was Bernie Madoff.

When upon returning to my workplace, I naturally got to see two workers be told that they were "probably" going to be fired. Blatantly. Of course, the one who messed up is actually a really great guy. A person who puts hard work and effort into his job. He threw out one. Tiny. Bag. in error. And now faces being fired. I of course have to sit and watch this, and listen to how my supervisor is having me promise her that none of this will happen again. None of this will ever be an issue.

The tiniest glimmer of hope that I have is because of the particular abilities I had in the negotiating table, and trying to explain that we were messups, apparantly we got a lucky break and the plant will not charge us full price of the meat, only the cost of cooking. So the small silver lining in an already black cloud.

So today, after realizing that in the last three weeks, i've almost made 40 hours of overtime (a new high record - it's about 13 hours overtime per week, 2.5 a day), and being yelled at by people of corporate paygrades, and of course the internet drama that surrounds us all. To the folks over there with a full night's sleep. To the folks that feel their tiny ego's are crushed because their knowledge or intellectual superiority might be threatened by facts and logic. To people who ******** think I sit on my a**, do nothing, and act like a popous a** for the fun of it. To the people who wonder why I can talk back to my direct supervisor and get away with it, when in reality, I have to bust my hump to do jobs i'm ill suited for....

Feck off. Today was a bad day. I am complaining about it. And you know what? I'm all the better for surmounting this damn obstacle than any of you twats might fecking know.

So Ha. Ha. HA.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:12 am
To all the people who share PMs.

F**k. You.

What is said in private is meant to be exactly that: private. Take your gossip and stick it where it belongs, up your a**.

Darth Fury

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:54 pm
Thank you a*****e from San Jose,CA

you stole my debit card information and now i've got to figure out how to get back the money you stole. you bought ******** $90 worth of s**t at Safeway and bought yourself something from McDonalds. i hope you die from a heart attack you lazy ********, Pissed off Asian Girl  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff