Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Lightsaber Lucas Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:01 pm
JediKnight47
I must ask something.Why would anyone say anything bad about John Williams?His work for the Star Wars saga was incredible.

For this question, you ahve to ask me of my hatred.

Why?

Because the only thing original about his work is the SW opening theme. Everything else I can find a classical piece of music that has bars... even stanzas worth of ripped work.

I like him for his use of the brass, but I hate how he gets credit for plagerizing other composers.

But, for the common man who does not actually listen to classical music on a daily basis like I do, they think he's amazing.

another reason I dislike his a** is because not only is he cocky, but because he plays the guitar to keep his job. Now, this may seem like an unusual hatred, but you must realize that conductors must MASTER a classical instrument if they are to conduct an orchestra. He got away with a guitar, calling it a classical instrument because it has strings. But that's just something that I take offense to, not necessarily anything that relates to his stolen works.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:54 pm
You know what I hate? PT Boba Fett.

The Jango thing I kinda dealt with. But the Boba?! Can I get a WTF mate?

Every time I see Fett now, I picture that little kid...it annoys me to deaeth.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:57 pm
That's why i don't watch AOTC much. If it isn't the battle of Geonosis, then it isn't worth wasting my time to watch.

Heck, even the fights in AOTC were lame. I mean, yoda looking like a jumping bean was okay, but that was a bit boring and really too outrageous for me.

In fact, I can't think of one part of AOTC that really was interesting, come to think... it was like watching a documentary...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:23 pm
Nelowulf
In fact, I can't think of one part of AOTC that really was interesting, come to think... it was like watching a documentary...

lol, true  

Alianna Naviri

XxLast hopexX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:32 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
KJA=idiot

George lucas must be sabred because: putting Jar Jar into DVD RoTJ and editting Hayden Christensen in..i liked the old dude better!
I definatly agree with you, but I really wouldn't be that mad at Lucas.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:21 pm
Lieutenant, your avi art is just scary.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:33 pm
He could... if he wanted, get some clone armor with lieutenant designations....

I have some in the shop...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:31 pm
about williams, Nelo, i can't say i disagree for the most part. i noticed in Munich he borrows heavily from Arvo Part, as he did in one song from Ep III. most of the good songs from ANH were taken from that guy who did the songs based on planets; especially mars. there are some others, i'm sure, but still... if you think about it, lucas did the same thing. a lot of star wars comes from myth, from WWII, from westerns, and from flash gordon. what's unique is the thread weaving it all together.

that's the same thing with williams. most of his songs are bits and pieces from other work. i haven't seen many interviews, so i can't tell if he's cocky (even if he is, so is Lucas... and *shudder* Zahn). however, the way they are woven together, and especially applied in the movie, is what's special.

there are some songs that are just moving, not like tender movement, but like...it's hard to describe. they're also inspiring; more inspiring than the original songs. arvo part, for instance, is as a whole pretty much the same sounding. slow, melancholy. but applied in bits to other themes in a poignant peace, it can be applied to cinema.

i dunno. having had so many animation segments inspired to spawn in my mind frame by frame, purely from his music, i feel i have to testify to the artistic ability he /does/ have.  

Nospai Deathous

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:38 pm
I never.... ever... stated that I did not enjoy his works. I actually adore his flagrant displays of the Brass section, something which few composers do, as they rely on their strings.

But I just cannot stand people who constantly love him for his work and call it his own.

In a way, I hate the fact he in unimaginitive, but on the other hand, he's our [the listeners of classical] best ally, because he is able to bring people into our world, in baby steps, by providing a managerie of clippits, where our sudden dousing would fail.

But that doesn't mean he gets away by calling a guitar a "classical stringed instrument"....

Oh, and one last thing: Never... ever... listen to his solos he does... leave his work to the batan, not the guitar.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:44 pm
duly noted.

fully orchestral FF7 battle theme
Williams on guitar
live Godspeed concert  

Nospai Deathous

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:47 pm
Lol.

Oh, and Oryo's going to contact you soon about lightsabers for his avatar I made for him.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:52 pm
sweetness. prolly good advertisement there..  

Nospai Deathous

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:58 pm
Nelowulf
He could... if he wanted, get some clone armor with lieutenant designations....

I have some in the shop...

That would be really cool.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:10 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Shathdra the White
FrozenPhoenix32
KJA=idiot

George lucas must be sabred because: putting Jar Jar into DVD RoTJ and editting Hayden Christensen in..i liked the old dude better!

They put Jar Jar Binks in Episode VI??

And I agree with that and the other stuff Lucas (me!) has altered. *runs over to LucasArts (me!) and activates both white lightsabers in Lucas' (me!) face (but not actually touching him with them). He grins as Lucas (me!) takes on a terrified look*

yeah, if you have the DVDs, watch RoTJ after they blow the Death Star. You see people rejocing on Cloud City, Tatooine and Coruscant. On Coruscant you can hear (and read the subtittle) Jar Jar say : WESA FREE

I don't think its on corecant. I think its on Naboo that Jar Jar yells "WESA FREE!"  

Namine_Key

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:12 pm
Kara_Elric

I don't think its on corecant. I think its on Naboo that Jar Jar yells "WESA FREE!"

No, its Coruscant. Even in Battlefront 1, its the scene with Coruscant. This one is definately the capital hub.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games