Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Prequel Trilogy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:43 pm
It's on Wikipedia, and Wookieepedia too, probably, but I'm not sure. Some really smart people took the phantom menace, and removed a bunch of the things that were problems with it. I.E, they removed most of Jar Jar's non plot-essential appearances, removed Midichloreans from the story altogether, and removed Anakin saying "Whee!" and "Yipee!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:48 pm
elvisnake
It's on Wikipedia, and Wookieepedia too, probably, but I'm not sure. Some really smart people took the phantom menace, and removed a bunch of the things that were problems with it. I.E, they removed most of Jar Jar's non plot-essential appearances, removed Midichloreans from the story altogether, and removed Anakin saying "Whee!" and "Yipee!"

That IS pretty smart. It's a good thing they did, because I remember asking out loud about wtf was the point to some scenes, mainly concerning Jar Jar.  

NachoManLance

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:35 pm
Oh I see.

Kinda pointless though?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:48 pm
You saying you'd rather watch all the unnecessary and contradicting scenes?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

elvisnake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:32 pm
Yeah, if I'm trying to watch the whole saga, condensing the time a bit, while increasing the quality of what I watch is worthwile to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:11 pm
I don't know. It's a pretty good idea becasue having pointless scenes taken out would be cool.

But then again, I'm sick and tired of people modifying everything to how they want it. I kind of like all the original stuff.  

Aanika_Phaeton

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

elvisnake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:12 pm
Good point. I see what you mean.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:13 pm
I didn't mind some of the edited scenes.

Like in ANH, where they added the scene of Garvin questioning luke's flying ability. That was put in quite nicely.

Its when a scene is modified that gets more on my nerves.

The difference being adding or taking out a scene, rather than changing it directly.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Aanika_Phaeton

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:19 pm
Yeah. I bet, with all the things that Darth Fatass has changed, they could make a whole 2 and a half hour DVD of original/deleted/modified scenes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:22 pm
Well, if something is modified, but not added or taken out, I recognise it and go "Hey, that wasn't how it was."

However, added scenes just spice things up a little, and often times are short enough to be bearable.

About the only added scene which I'm not keen on is the Jabba in ANH. It makes him look so small compared to RotJ, and doesn't look right either. Not to mention it didn't really add anything besides set up what was to come.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

elvisnake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:30 pm
Yeah, if they're going to put Jabba in ANH, they should at least put him in looking right. (Trivia Korner: The scene with Jabba was originally in ANH, but it got deleted. In the original scene, Jabba the Hutt was a human.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:32 pm
((actually, Jabba was supposed to be hairy, like chewbacca))  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

elvisnake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:33 pm
I remember seeing footage from it somewhere. Jabba was a bald human guy. (Or so I recall.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:35 pm
I was talking about pre-production concept art. A giant hairy slug or something like it. They have a quick pic of it on the interview on the VHS of the SE, i believe.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

elvisnake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:37 pm
Oh, cool. Hairy slug. Twice the gross.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games