Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:44 pm
How about a Legion that needs to be destroyed due to disloyalty (Real, or Imagined. The 505th is the perfect choice for an 'Example') to the new Emperor?

An entire Legion warrants the deployment of something that should completely annihilate it. Especially when they are guarding a very large shipyard that could be of benefit to any anti-sith forces, as well as to the Emperor himself.

The three Legions are also there in order to be split off if need be to deal with any other rebellious forces in the Rim. They just deploy them all to deal with this first threat. Unfortunately it will cost them...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:02 pm
It depends on the legion.

I take note of legacy #4, where an entire legion was destroyed by another one, with men to spare, despite being outgunned and outmanned.

Really, the sith in charge isn't going to be friendly, and most likely going to be the reason why few numbers are needed to kick your sorry a**.

Plus, you realize how much time and effort it is needed to deploy three full legions of troopers and supporting equiptment? Invasions are done in waves, most likely, or marched in from distances far away. So either way, you've got to consider the ebattle strategy.

Plus, a legion can take a planet, but its often way too much for a single defensive spot. If you're killing the element of surprize (aka they know its a legion that needs taking down), they wouldnt' deploy everyone at once.

You seem to be betting that a commander is going to be so confident of his forces that he'll defy imperial protocol and deploy all forces all at once. This isn't the battle of naboo, where merchants led droid armies. These are trained Sith, Trained generals and admirals who know how to fight.

Nobody is stupid enough to deploy all their forces in one spot, all at once. That's what scouting parties are for. If they find that their primary landing spots are under bombardment, they'll send air cover and orbitally bombard a spot to land troops.

I have a suggestion: Since you're suggesting a battle like this, I suggest watching "We were soldiers". You're the vietnamese, and the sith are the americans. See what is done, how each is countered. Then consider what you want.

There is just no way you're going to convince anyone that THREE LEGIONS all deployed in one spot, to be rained fire down and not expect any air support or previous intelligence, with trained military personel leading the charge.

Either that, or nullify the military factor, and dont' have legions of stormtroopers and their commanding sith invade. Fight someone else, like pirates or something, and get betrayed as help never arrives. Do an alamo kinda scene or something.

You're just not getting the concept of deployment of troops. If you land them in a hot zone, they're going to have cover. If they aren't in a hotzone, they're not in range.

Plus, against AT-AB or whatever cale called them, they're going to be deployed first. They won't be dropped wihtout certainty of a secure landing zone in the beginning anyhow.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:06 pm
Actually they are only going to deploy One Legion. They lose the other two in Orbit.

And I know all of that.

I think you misunderstood my intent with the three Legions.

And I've seen We Were Soldiers.

And the AT-AD's aren't going to be deployed until they pound their way through the initial Landing zone.

I know my tactics Nelo. You don't need to lecture me.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:08 pm
So you're going to rid yourself of the Sith fleet, then.

I guess that'll help advance your plans better.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:19 pm
Affirmative.

Thanks for the help Nelo, It really helped! smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:22 pm
Though you'll still need an explaination how they managed to go up against a fully armed legion, without proper coverage.

Since you're only having the sith use transports, its just like watching the battle of hoth in reverse..

Its a good thing you're only having one legion drop then..  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:42 pm
The Legion to Legion fighting will indeed be explained...and limiting the number is indeed a distinct part of Arch's plans, 'cause he knows he can't win otherwise.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:53 am
Not to mention, you have to consider not deploying AT-ABs, and limiting the armored divisions down, because unilke infantry, mechanical units often times are far more heavily protected.

Especially the AT-ABs. Without a fleet, its most unlikely they would be deployed at all, since it is very rare to see three on a battlefield...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:42 pm
On which side? The 505th has armor integrated into its organization...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:02 pm
The Sith.

What you've basically done by eliminating the fleet is take away all the armored divisions that make much of an impact.

Unlike troopers, armored divisions cost a lot of money, and are often times considered worthwhile, so they almost go nowhere without an established base or some serious firepower backing them up.

So, three legions of troopers and their transports versus one legion of troopers with a fortress, armor, artillery and their own transport. If you can't survive that, then you really are pathetic.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:08 pm
Actually they are hauling their heavy armor in their transports...but dun worry 'bout it, I'll write it once ch.1 is done  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:30 pm
Yea, about that.

Heavy armor and stuff has a different transport from a troop transport. especially an AT-AB. They'd require one of those transports designed for the AT-AT, except larger. and those shuttles could barely carry one, maybe two at the best.

No, "actually". That's how it works. Troops and armor never are transported together.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:13 pm
The Landing Barges and Dropships.

They have their own armor transports...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:23 pm
I just don't seem to get why you want to have such a physical confrontation. I mean, why not break away from the sith more covertly? Instead of trying to make this fantastic excuse of a battle which would be great, but you keep making your opponents abdicate to the stormtrooper effect despite them being on par with you.

Plus, if this happens between Episode 1 and 2, what does it matter anyhow? You're never going to go into detail as to what happened save for maybe several posts in reminiscing.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:48 pm
EK's home for the holidays. Yep. Tonight, Tuesday, and Wednesday of time I can be here, then darkness. My intel tells me I'll get my lappie back in about two weeks.

Anywho, anything new I should know about that's not posted?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games