Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Flames

7,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:14 pm

Cale Darksun
Dare I ask what happened?

I work at a video game store which is 99% of the time pretty rad..

But we just get some customers [specially 'round the holidays] that are simply unbearable. They come in thinking they know everything about video games and systems, when in fact they are completely ignorant about it.. confused

Anyways, aside from that, this woman comes in today wanting to buy some Xbox game, the name escapes my mind at the moment. So she buys it, leaves, and then comes back a few hours later saying that her son cant play it on his 360.

I tried to explain to her that some games aren't backwards compatible with the 360 yet, and that she could probably just download a patch from Microsoft's website and she'd be good to go...

But, low and behold, when I even hint that she may be possibly wrong, she slams the game down [breaking the box and damaging the CD] and demanded to speak to my manager.

John, said manager, comes out and tries to calm her down, but she wouldn't hear of it. She started yelling at us for Microsoft's dumb ideas saying that "none of this makes sense, you're trying to scam me out of my money"...

So she left, without paying for the damaged game....

And John and I laughed our asses off...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:15 pm

P.S: /end_rant

Ugh.. fukken retarded people...

Rain Flames

7,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:30 pm

So, you worship the allmighty Corellon?

How is he portrayed in your D&D Games?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:36 pm

Cale Darksun
So, you worship the allmighty Corellon?

How is he portrayed in your D&D Games?

CG, protector and creator of the elves, lover of music and crafts..

Usually carries a long sword or a bow..

Mostly pictured as male, sometimes as a female..

He ripped out the eye of Gruumsh who is the Lord of the Orcs..

All in all, Corellon is pretty much my favorite Good Deity, (:

Rain Flames

7,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:39 pm

I know all that, but in your games how is he percieved? Has he ever apeared? If so, how did he act?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:45 pm

Cale Darksun
I know all that, but in your games how is he percieved? Has he ever apeared? If so, how did he act?

Hmm..

Well, in the games I've played in he's never really appeared, he's more of a lurker of sorts..

We see him in shadows or mist, but never in flesh.

But that's just the way the DMs usually perceived him. I myself have never campaigned my own game, so I've never been able to describe him a certain way.

What it normally is, is I pray to him, and he would then grace me with my spells for the day plus an added spell depending on how long I would pray. But I'd see him in the form of mist or leaves or whatever organic substance was around me at the time.

Sorry if that still doesn't answer your question, sweatdrop

Rain Flames

7,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:56 pm

In my games, he was portrayed as a more active deity, often doing the Odin bit by disguising himself and traveling the land helping his adventureous children (Or hindering them, whatever was for the better good).
He also had a sense of humor, playing pranks and challenging mortals with randomly generated game shows he created with his awesome godly powers.
Because he was an elder god, reality was his b***h. And he was a Pimp.
Though he did enjoy the vice of Mortal women a bit much, probably to offset his rather feminine yet androgynous apearance in the source books of 3rd edition.
He actually ended up one of my player's Father in Law.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:00 pm

Its strange, but my Hound Archon will be my first ever religious character.

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Rain Flames

7,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:02 pm

Cale Darksun
In my games, he was portrayed as a more active deity, often doing the Odin bit by disguising himself and traveling the land helping his adventureous children (Or hindering them, whatever was for the better good).
He also had a sense of humor, playing pranks and challenging mortals with randomly generated game shows he created with his awesome godly powers.
Because he was an elder god, reality was his b***h. And he was a Pimp.
Though he did enjoy the vice of Mortal women a bit much, probably to offset his rather feminine yet androgynous apearance in the source books of 3rd edition.
He actually ended up one of my player's Father in Law.

I would've loved if our DM would put that much character into him. But sadly, he was left as just a God to pray to, never really given a purpose other than that.

But I really love how you guys perceived him.. So much better than ours..

I would've like to see our DM include him in our adventures, even if we didn't know about it. Say for instance we were traveling to a certain part of the map and we needed a translator of sorts to read the map.. He could've been the translator we happen to run into.

But oh well.. I really haven't conversed with said DM in a long time...

Maybe I should start coming up with ideas for my own campaign, >.>;
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:06 pm

Des Voh

Hey you, <3

Rain Flames

7,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:06 pm

Reminds me of a story I've read though. Have you ever read American Gods by Neil Gaimen, Cale?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:08 pm

Y Y Z -2112-
Des Voh

Hey you, <3
--~--
Hey-there, beautiful. <3
I see your discussing D&D.
--~--

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

The Lady Anne Boleyn

3,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:10 pm

hi 3nodding
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:10 pm

Des Voh
Y Y Z -2112-
Des Voh

Hey you, <3
Hey-there, beautiful. <3
I see your discussing D&D.

Yep. :3

Rain Flames

7,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:15 pm

Des Voh
Reminds me of a story I've read though. Have you ever read American Gods by Neil Gaimen, Cale?

No. Is it any good?

@YY: My boys were armwrestling with Heracles and partying with Thor. The Gods werent just anonymous figures giving subtle hints. They were Alive, active, and more than ready to meddle in mortal affairs.
Because they were gods.
They could do whatever the ******** they wanted. Not that they did. The Players wouldnt have fun then. But they certainly knew where they stood in the order of the world.
That made them work that much harder to have epic exploits and adventures, just so they could reach beyond 20th level and be deities themselves.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games