Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:20 pm
You IDIOT! You just sealed every blast door on my ships by using the Transverter!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:42 pm
stellarmagic
You IDIOT! You just sealed every blast door on my ships by using the Transverter!
Yes. However, I did manage to turn your fleet into a San Francisco earthquake, along with apparantly severely wounding Kusei.

Though you did pretty much kill Detre and cature me. Let's see if I live through the battle.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:00 pm
Sealing every blast door on your ships is a BAD thing, Stellar. Damage Control is reduced signifigantly and the escape pods and med bays are unavailable.
In addition, its going to be very difficult to coordinate any real resistance if you're boarded, though this is off-set by the fact all your blast doors are shut.
Light-sabers cant be used to much effect against Blast doors, as for most FU, it takes forever to cut through.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:05 pm
Thats the thing Cale, in battle all blast doors are automatically in the shut position to keep the entire ship from decompressing from a hull breach. Damage Control Teams and Officers have codes to open the blast doors but they stay open for just a few seconds.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:06 pm
Yeah, but if your DC teams cant get through the doors, then you're SOL.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:15 pm
It's the same problem naval ships have when it comes to combat. Leave the doors open for DC and risk sinking because they're open, or close the doors and hope the damage is contained by sealing the ship up.  

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:01 pm
Well, t's kinda irrelevant now...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:11 pm
I'm doing a post-combat assesment of the Battle over Wayland, and I'm quickly begining to realize some things that are rather interesting. Before Kenet used his LT Transverter he'd only succeded in destroying eleven combat vessels according to his and his allies posts. Most of which are the thin skinned Gladius-class Frigates.

Six Gladius Frigates, Four Nemesis Destroyers, and a Beldon Battlecruiser.

Though the destruction of a Beldon is a big deal, it's a valuable ship.

Afterwards he claims the destruction of a total of thirty Nemesis Destroyers... Which I believe is somewhat exaggerated. Yes, there will be losses after the LT has been engaged, but its also allot harder to destroy a ship that is completely shut down. The engines are off, the reactor is shut down, and all the power and dangerous systems are offline. All those things that cause secondary explosions or a catastrophic failure no longer work.

But before that occured Kenet had lost about two-thirds of his combat power. 17 Victory IVs were destroyed, 25 Acclamators were destroyed, and EK says that he'd been reduced to 23 Canderous Frigates out of a force that had once been around a hundred. That figure doesn't count vessels that have been rendered incapable of offensive operations or hyperdriving to safety.  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:13 pm
Your force is also much larger, should you employ everything in the battle...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:14 pm
I only counted the units that were engaged, and in that regaurd my force is smaller. He's got at the very least 175 combat ships (He's got to have many more then that, because he never posted how many Lancers and Crusaders his force had.) while I only had 169.  

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:40 pm
My navy probably was larger, but most of it was spread out. The majority of my Mandalorian forces were with Mandalore and at Contruum, and on the other flank, while I had some of my own. I had a bit more Lancers and stuff, and most of them were the skeleton defences at Taris, Mandalore, etc. I probably had about 40 or 50 combined Lancers and Crusaders, to compensate my lack of fighters. They'd be fairly easy to slave -system and still get the job done.

And I said the Nemesis losses were so high because you had them packed like sardines. Most of those losses weren't from my actual attacks. It was because the Transverter wasted almost all of your systems, including your stabilizers, causing you to careen into each other, and tear each other apart.

Renember when I first used it?

I had about 23 Canderouses left of my fighting force that was still capable of fighting, and I'd guess another dozen that were still alive. The rest had either been at Mandalore or Contruum. Mandalore alone probably had 50.

Overall, Wyalnd probably evacuated during the entire battle. 1/5 of the total number of ships there had been before the battle took place. Mandalore, however, is largely untouched, though I have no clue how I'm still gonna get ships from there and play the defensive without Wayland. At least I took out most of your fleet.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:46 pm
Well apparently you don't understand the way the LT Transverter works. It blows out ALL the systems simultaneously. That means the ships go ballastic and don't maneuver, because they're aren't any systems online to maneuver them. No they just sat there unable to do anything but keep on their current courses which are parallel to one another like a bunch of asteroids sitting in space doing nothing.

The only reason that there was collision the first time was that the units had been in the middle of a series of maneuvers, not a straight line drive in formation. If they'd been moving in a straight line they'd all just sit there.  

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:49 pm
stellarmagic
Well apparently you don't understand the way the LT Transverter works. It blows out ALL the systems simultaneously. That means the ships go ballastic and don't maneuver, because they're aren't any systems online to maneuver them. No they just sat there unable to do anything but keep on their current courses which are parallel to one another like a bunch of asteroids sitting in space doing nothing.

The only reason that there was collision the first time was that the units had been in the middle of a series of maneuvers, not a straight line drive in formation. If they'd been moving in a straight line they'd all just sit there.
Nope, not all. It doesn't even phase life support.

Ok, granted they were in movement before, the bigger ships had more momentum, and thus ran into the smaller one, assuming they were going the same speed. That would cause some pile-up. Along with my fir, of course. If I concentrated enough on one ship, could you not push it into another, while doing heavy damage to its undersides?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:53 pm
To big a mass to move, and there's no friction so the bigger ships will move at the same velocity as the smaller ones in the same formation. Plus the ships are spaced out a bit more then you're thinking. They're in assault wall formation, which is a combat formation that's been seen twice in the Movies. In Episode I and Episode VI both the Imperial and Trade Federation fleets are deployed in Assault Wall Formation. Each ship is between 1.5 and 3 Km from another vessel.  

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:00 pm
Well, that just blows your casualties out the hospital bed. Knowing this, then I only destroyed about twenty vessels, not including the hundreds of fighters and bombers.

So...

Can we just say the armor wasn't think enough of the bridges, and under the brief concentrated fire caused them to collapse and falter off-course, compensating for the gradual return of systems? The device only has a guaranteed time of effect at fifteen minutes for capital ships. Anything the size of a fighter or bomber would be out much longer, and most pieces of small hardware, especially unprotected, would be destroyed.

Ooh, here's an idea. Could the sudden stop in mid-battle severely damage the systems enough to cause serious enough damage to move the ship? It's not like the deterioation is gradual; in about 3 seconds, the blast covers a nearly 15 miles radius, I think.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games