Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:05 pm
Well, I think most of us here had thought that your empire, at least that part which was in known space would be completely destroyed by the start of the next episode.

As for the number destroyed... how about the number well and truly destroyed remains the same but a number of vessels were so badly damaged that they were scrapped... about twenty-eight of the ships, including a Revenge II that was nearly destroyed by an aborted self-destruct attempt after being boarded.

Starfighter losses are pretty high ...well not really that high. I think you probably killed outright a thousand starfighters at various points in the engagement. But then again I brought around 5,000 starfighters.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:45 am
stellarmagic
Well, I think most of us here had thought that your empire, at least that part which was in known space would be completely destroyed by the start of the next episode.

As for the number destroyed... how about the number well and truly destroyed remains the same but a number of vessels were so badly damaged that they were scrapped... about twenty-eight of the ships, including a Revenge II that was nearly destroyed by an aborted self-destruct attempt after being boarded.

Starfighter losses are pretty high ...well not really that high. I think you probably killed outright a thousand starfighters at various points in the engagement. But then again I brought around 5,000 starfighters.
Yeah, I suppose. A good many died in that rush you did on my Carrier. Between making it through, delivering, and leaving, you probably lost half of that entire flotilla. That's not counting the ones my Lancers and Crusaders shreaded before the Chiemara virus.

The worst losses as far as fighting was probably at Mandalore's flank. they had hardly any ally Predators over there, making your ships easy targets, even with the virus. Your entire flank was about scrapped there, and they had already moved bass that Beldon that was supporting, and was starting to harass the Nemesises from the side.

I think we also forgot to mention your ships are stronger than mine, by a high margin. It'd take three Canderouses for every Nemesis you had, five or six for every Battlecruiser, and more for every level higher. I bet it would've taken twelve just for the Hektor's Shield, and twenty apiece for each Pellaeon. That adds up pretty quick. Combined with my overall lack of fighters, no large ships except the Conquerer and the Carrier, and the orbital defenses, we were outgunned easily even with more ships.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:12 am
Actually the Beldon-Battlecruisers are more powerful then a Revenge II-class. Remember the order goes... Destroyer, Cruiser, Battlecruiser, Dreadnaught. The loss of the Beldon is what will really down Imperial moral, it'd be like taking out a Vengeance-class during the Galactic Civil War, a major loss.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:25 am
stellarmagic
Actually the Beldon-Battlecruisers are more powerful then a Revenge II-class. Remember the order goes... Destroyer, Cruiser, Battlecruiser, Dreadnaught. The loss of the Beldon is what will really down Imperial moral, it'd be like taking out a Vengeance-class during the Galactic Civil War, a major loss.
Well, still, it was mainly luck. Only reason we got it was by taking care of the Flank, and then getting you on your broadside with the big guns.

Oh well.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:00 am
What is this heavy metal thing Des keeps talking about in the RP?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:17 am
It's the name of his ship...  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:20 am
I meant the prototype device thingy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:28 am
Oh...he's got a prototype Modern Cloaking Device apparently  

PaulTheWolf5575

Shinn Matsunaga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:32 am
Well who doesnt these days?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:34 am
Hold on a tic.
Where the devil did he get a prototype Cloak?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Shinn Matsunaga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:39 am
Best Buy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:41 am
Apparently his techie guy got a hold of it from someone I think...read his post...  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:46 am
I just did.
You'd think that they'd have people keeping an eye on 'em....
The whole excuse seems fishy to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:01 pm
hmmmm...the real question is how effective it will be...  

PaulTheWolf5575

Shinn Matsunaga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:03 pm
The fact that its a prototype and not standard issue says it all.
It will work once, then explode.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games