Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:52 am
Between the fake mandelorians and the clones, there aren't that much there to support you to begin with.

And i don't belive we're going ot last much past legacy 3. Series tend to die out after so long.

I'm still kinda having a good time watching your recruitment processes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:59 am
Ok, can we just drop these conversations now? stare  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:26 am
It's better to figure this stuff out now, then to run into a brick wall later.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:26 am
What conversations?

I'm only pointing out what you have got so far..  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:33 am
No.... I'm just trying not to get... agitated. I dunno. I guess I'm taking the criticism a bit too harsh, and not thinking straight.

What would you suggest I do then?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:34 am
For which part?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:37 am
Nelowulf
For which part?
Upsizing my navy's mobility.

My obvious need, as you pointed, is for smaller craft, for guerilla missions, similar to the Alliance. What I ask is, what would you suggest I do? Purchase more non-Predator and Mandal fighters, or focus on Corvette and frigate sized?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:42 am
Since you don't have the advantage of a mobile base, we're going to have to focus on hit and fades with multiple hyperspace jumps and harassment missions.

Fighter craft must be extremely quick and drop a ton of firepower before bolting the area. If they lack a hyperdrive, then a carrier ship needs to be able to get in and out faster than grease.

Corvettes work very well, since they can run real fast and pack a whallop, but if you plan on raiding planetside, you'll probably want fighters instead.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:45 am
Nelowulf
Since you don't have the advantage of a mobile base, we're going to have to focus on hit and fades with multiple hyperspace jumps and harassment missions.

Fighter craft must be extremely quick and drop a ton of firepower before bolting the area. If they lack a hyperdrive, then a carrier ship needs to be able to get in and out faster than grease.

Corvettes work very well, since they can run real fast and pack a whallop, but if you plan on raiding planetside, you'll probably want fighters instead.
That in mind, would I be wanting to buy from CEC or KDY then? Either the latest Corvette, or a Gladius frigate will be the primary weapon.

Crusaders and Lancers just don't cut it.

As for fighters, I was thinking either T-Wings, Sparrows, or the Interceptors. Which sounds best for the situation?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:53 am
The "Situation" you speak of is quite varied. You're thinking too one dimensional still.

This isn't direct combat. You're going to have to be creative and clever to stay one step ahead of stellar and me. You got to sneak in, do a bunch of damage, take what you need, and get the hell out.

Your goal is not to take planets; its to disrupt system's mechanics, so that the sith look bad and you score local support. The residents will hate you for a little bit, but if you can deliver stability, it'll work in the end.

You'll need a variety of craft. If you can manage to get a couplle of T-wings into a mission, that's great. They're awfullly slow for a hit and run, so not every single mission is going to handle them. You're going to have to fight on multiple mediums. Some missions you'll have to fight without air support at all.

There isn't any "best" fighter because you're going to have to analyze what you need for each mission, and what you have avaiable. Until you grow strong enough to take planets for your own, you won't be able to really get too far.

The GLF will be helping your cause indirectly. The sith can't concentrate solely on one faction wiith the other pulling the same stunts. While the Sith fight a two front war. you can creep back into the systems. Once you push the sith bakc to the inner rim, then you'll have to worry about revolt on planets you hve taken loyal to the GLF, but by that time, you can go back to direct warefare if you haven't already.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:58 am
I'm trying not to be single-minded sweatdrop

So basically, get my hand on a wing of each fighter, and I'm good to role in a variety of areas. Sounds good.

Now, as for the corvette problem, it seems there is no modern corvette. The smallest thing that could cover is a Gladius-frigate, but they're still fairly large. We're all still using Lancers, and I use Lancers and Crusaders. Does this warrant a new entry?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:04 pm
Not really.

You don't have to be specific dude. You and Paul are taking the ship entries out of hand.

Just say a corvette. You don't need to be specific. If I say star destroyer, you assume something badass. Do you know what kind it is? No. But you know what is expected of a star destroyer.

Read over the RP Academy. Statistics are good when you're going to point out stats. But If you go too deep into statistics like stellar, you leave yourself open to exploitation.

I mean, consider this: If i say the US Navy has submarines, you know what a submarine is. Most people assume Seawolf class. And for the most part, that's what we got. We have others, but it is a relative assumption we're talking that its the staple out there.

People don't walk around saying "I work on a *add hundreds of details* sub."

They say, "i work on a sub."

You can also denote how advanced it is by adding adjectives such as "older" "newer" etcetera.

Just don't go overboard and start saying "state-of-the-art" for every one of them.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:12 pm
Nelowulf
Not really.

You don't have to be specific dude. You and Paul are taking the ship entries out of hand.

Just say a corvette. You don't need to be specific. If I say star destroyer, you assume something badass. Do you know what kind it is? No. But you know what is expected of a star destroyer.

Read over the RP Academy. Statistics are good when you're going to point out stats. But If you go too deep into statistics like stellar, you leave yourself open to exploitation.

I mean, consider this: If i say the US Navy has submarines, you know what a submarine is. Most people assume Seawolf class. And for the most part, that's what we got. We have others, but it is a relative assumption we're talking that its the staple out there.

People don't walk around saying "I work on a *add hundreds of details* sub."

They say, "i work on a sub."

You can also denote how advanced it is by adding adjectives such as "older" "newer" etcetera.

Just don't go overboard and start saying "state-of-the-art" for every one of them.
I won't. ^^ I was just pointing out that there isn't a modern ship to fit the tole. Oh well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:16 pm
If you fight a guerrilla war, you truthfully can't be picky. Take what you can get and try to re outfit them to the best of your ability.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:16 pm
Hey, in CotGCW, we used a massive total of 9 different ships. Between the New Republic and the Federation.

You realize we have 9 different ships, just for the sith alone?

You guys are making the specifics too much of an issue. Ships shouldn't hold much importance unless you're going to use them insanely alot of the time.

Like the ISD. Everyone knows of it, but the empire used other variants as well. Nobody cares about those though, because they weren't prominent.

If you want, you can make 1 entry about a corvette, and leave it alone. But the focus is on the RP, not on making a ship for every occasion.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games