Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:42 pm
Traditionally, cubs will grow on the lines they're born on. If you want them to grow onto the newer lines, you've gotta go through a process:
1.) Make sure the colorist for the litter is doing conversions
2.) IF they have conversions, then you have to make sure they have grow-into-type slots available and open.
3.) If they do, you apply for them, methinks.

That's how it worked with the last set of new lines. :3 Hope that helps!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:54 pm
As of right now, all litters that have been colored need to see if their colorist has a conversion thread open and if so, then you might be able to switch that way. Lithia and I are giving people the option to choose with adult stage lineart they want their lion to grow into; other colorists may or may not do this.

But as of right now, I don't think any litters will grow into the lineart without being requested since most of the litters have already been pre-colored.

As for pending customs, you'd have to ask the colorist who you are waiting for to see if that option is available or not.

Kireiryuu

AnnLay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:10 pm
this is confusing,where do I post my person?and where can I rp at?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:01 pm
You either need a pet from the shop to RP, or make up a non-arted character, IE, I had a ring-tailed lemur character forever ago, and there's also elephants, baboons, rhinos, hippos, crocodiles, giraffes, and zebras you could RP in the setting.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Kayira

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:18 pm
I also have a question.

I recently was gifted my first SoA character, a lioness. I named her and I've been going through the certing process. In the meantime I've been trying to come up with a good backstory and such for her to be a rogue. I'm not sure if its ok, but I did want her to be raised for a time among humans, and then released some time before she came to wherever she has landed. Is it ok to have my lioness raised by humans?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:44 pm
I has question. 0-0

I won my second SoA a good long time ago. She was meant for a pride, and so I went to role play her joining. Well, first I never got a reply and they then it was said I never sent it. -Did- Then when I got someone else I have no waited three months for a reply.. The pride is not active, my lioness has never been certed and I have never even gotten her clean uncert. 0-0

What do I do? I only have two SoA, I would like to role play her but.. Stuck.

Mei Silja

Moonlight Phantom

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:30 pm
@Kayira: I believe that'd be okay. I've seen other SoA who have spent time among humans, and have been released into the wild or escaped into the wild.

@Mei: Out of curiosity, what pride? And you could always RP her as a rogue until you get confirmation that's she's able to join the pride.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:42 pm
Pride I don't have her uncert to get her certed even for a rouge. The pride isn't active; it hasn't been. I can't rp her randomly and make plots and things cause well. What happens if they get angry with me or something for her being meant for the pride?

Mei Silja

Moonlight Phantom

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:10 pm
Mei Silja
Pride I don't have her uncert to get her certed even for a rouge. The pride isn't active; it hasn't been. I can't rp her randomly and make plots and things cause well. What happens if they get angry with me or something for her being meant for the pride?

She was meant for the pride. The stipulations of the contest were that she was to join the pride and she's not to leave the pride. I apologize that life has kept me busy, but there are other people who have members of the pride that you can get an RP with if you are unwilling to wait for me to respond. The entire point of the contest was to give away lions to make the pride more active.

If you aren't willing to find someone else in the pride to do the joining RP with you, or to wait for me to respond to the current RP (again, I apologize for the wait, it's been a little hectic adjusting to my new life as anyone who knows me and has asked could tell you) I am certain that we could find someone who is. I know it has been a while, but we (as the pride) aren't penalizing you for not RPing her either.

I would also appreciate it if all future questions or comments regarding this situation were directed to my PM box.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:30 pm
Kireiryuu
As of right now, all litters that have been colored need to see if their colorist has a conversion thread open and if so, then you might be able to switch that way. Lithia and I are giving people the option to choose with adult stage lineart they want their lion to grow into; other colorists may or may not do this.

But as of right now, I don't think any litters will grow into the lineart without being requested since most of the litters have already been pre-colored.

As for pending customs, you'd have to ask the colorist who you are waiting for to see if that option is available or not.

That's cool. I prefer the looking over the shoulder lines, so I didn't know if I was going to have to request them or what. XD;  

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:52 pm
I was hoping to get hybrid cubs from one of my lionesses once I've gotten enough rps for her. When I post her in the CC Breeding thread can I just ask for a rogue cheetah or leopard to be used or do I have to find one?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:09 am
As far as I know, you'd have to find one to fling with. I've noticed rogue breedings seem to be the same species as the mother.  

Truth.Be.Told

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:55 am
Yeah I've noticed that myself. Thought perhaps it was just because no request for a different specie male was made, so the colorist assumed same specie. Thanks Truth.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:07 am
Hey, I just have a quick question. I got this snake a really long time ago, and I would like to have her certed. However, I don't know who the colorist was and this is the largest image I have of her. Clicky~ I've tried looking for a larger image and tried asking over the Image Request thread, but have so far come up with nothing.

Can I still have her certed, despite the small image? And if so, which certing thread do I post her in?  

MangoMeow

Truth.Be.Told

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:24 am
It's probably safest to go through the 'Certing Thread for Departed or Inactive Colorists'. And the small image should likely be fine, I think?  
.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games