Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shiraku tenshi

1,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:24 am
Hello, I am Shiraku Angelein. And no, I'm not going to waste time typing up some fancy introduction to myself. I am Shiraku, and I am a firm supporter of proper literacy. I am 17 years old as of October 2006, and any other information you would want may or may not be in my profile. And don't get me wrong, I'm not as mean as this introduction implies, It's just that I don't know any of you, and I don't feel the need to be overly kind as of yet. And yes, this is the first Guild I've joined since my time on Gaia. The story of it is, I kinda randomly came upon a 3G Gaia Spotlight advertisement. Yes. I am pretty boring, right?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:29 am
Quote:
Hello, I am Shiraku Angelein. And no, I'm not going to waste time typing up some fancy introduction to myself. I am Shiraku, and I am a firm supporter of proper literacy. I am 17 years old as of October 2006, and any other information you would want may or may not be in my profile. And don't get me wrong, I'm not as mean as this introduction implies, It's just that I don't know any of you, and I don't feel the need to be overly kind as of yet. And yes, this is the first Guild I've joined since my time on Gaia. The story of it is, I kinda randomly came upon a 3G Gaia Spotlight advertisement. Yes. I am pretty boring, right?

Holy hell! *points* Someone actually posted their introduction in the INTRODUCTION thread!

Personally, I love you just for that.  

Marcus McFlufferson

fearinmotion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:04 am
Hi. I'm a literate 19 year old college student hoping to one day become a Grammar teacher. I would like to teach high school English, but teaching Grammar would be my ultimate focus.

I have an excellent book to recommend for English speakers and non-English speakers who are learning English:

The Grammar Book.

Although boring to some, I think it's a really good book.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:05 am
Almost forgot! My name is Johann.  

fearinmotion

Torrak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:41 pm
Hello, My name is Torak. Like most of you I joined to better inprove my grammar skills. I admit they are not very good, but hey I try. Anyway, Im 14 year old male turning 15 on 2/13/07 who loves comedy as seen in my profile. I like to make friends and roleplay along with reading horror books. Well thats all I really have to say but if you want to get to know me then lets become friends.

~Torak

rickybobby94 rolled 5 6-sided dice: 3, 2, 3, 5, 5 Total: 18 (5-30)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:26 pm
I am new to the guild, and i may not be the most literate person but i would like to get a little better and learn some new things. That is about it as far as me goes.  

rickybobby94

Rabbiteh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:44 pm
'allo. My name is Rabbit.

I am a fourteen year old girl. I have been using Gaia since about April 29th 'o4, despite many account changes. My birthday is Halloween- <333

I've been on the computer since I was about eight or nine.

I can use HTML, but not nearly as fluent in it as I am when it comes to BBcode.

I live in Atlanta{Georgia}, and am in most advanced classes, from English to Orchestra.

I enjoy role-playing, and drawing- maybe I'll draw your avatar if you ask?
heart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:48 pm
Torak-The-Werewolf
Hello, My name is Torak. Like most of you I joined to better inprove my grammar skills. I admit they are not very good, but hey I try. Anyway, Im 14 year old male turning 15 on 2/13/07 who loves comedy as seen in my profile. I like to make friends and roleplay along with reading horror books. Well thats all I really have to say but if you want to get to know me then lets become friends.

~Torak

Happy birthday! biggrin

Greetings. I am Chiisushi Daawa Wateru, or Chii, if that suits some. I am thirteen going on fourteen as of May 7, 2007. I love to read and I write a lot as a hobby and someday I hope to pursue it as a career. I would also love to sing or be an artist, and as a backup job I might try to teach any english-related subjects in schools. I also love to proofread and correct people on grammar, punctuation, and spelling. I would like to also learn French and Japanese. I am a fan of Nana Kitade and Flame, and I am continuing to come across more and more Japanese songs, groups, and artists. I came across the 3G's when it was in the Gaian Guild spotlight. I hope to become a better writer and by doing so I become better in English and such. 3nodding

Chiisushi Daawa Wateru

wyrfxrssn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:56 pm
Hi people. I'm Zach. I'm a nerd. I like video games, manga, anime, and video games. My friends say I'm emo but my sister says I'm not.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:40 pm
Hello everyone. I just got accepted to the guild. I'm a 15 year old girl in search of some literacy on Gaia. I joined because of the terrible grammar and spelling that I see online and in real life.
I like reading, writing, watching tv, videogames, and being on the internet. An all around nerd.

allywallykins

KayJuran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:05 pm
MilfieSakuraba-
MilfieSakuraba-
[~Tsukiki~]
Konnichiwa! Watashi no namae wa Cassie desu! Watashi no 12 sai desu! Literate japanese, very well done.

Awesome! I just started taking Japanese classes. biggrin

Hello everyone! (Oh right! I came here to introduce myself. sweatdrop )
I am Milfie, as you can see. I am 14 years old. I'm usually very nice, but mean people make me mad. I'm an otaku (someone who's very, very very obsessed with anime and manga). I love yaoi. heart heart

Hm... I would describe an otaku as a fan of anything really... It just seems to be used mainly for those two things.

I too like anime and manga, though most of my books are not in English.

I have A-levels in French and German, and a GCSE (A*!) in Japanese. I took Computing and Gen. Studies for A-level too, but they're not so important. XD I'm taking a degree in Interpreting and Translation studies in October, but right now I'm on a gap year. I'm living near Stuttgart at the moment, but I'll be moving to Hiroshima for three months sometime soon(ish).

As for writing, I have one novel completed (first draft at least), but only really because of NaNo 06. I have other novels either in planning or first draft stages. I'm part of the Young Writers Society. In fact, I was the third to join. If anyone would like the link, it's: www.youngwriterssociety.com

I'd rather not reveal my "true identity," as it were, but on the Internet, I go by Kay.

EDIT: Almost forgot, I'm 18, and I usually live in England. It'll be Scotland at uni though.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:26 pm
Hello everyone! I'm Lunas, and I'm seventeen. I hold an ardent love affair with all types of literature. My favorite book right now is probably The Awakening by Kate Chopin, but I read EVERYTHING. I've become obsessed with finding the author's voice in everything I read, and it's become my mission to find all the political themes in the Harry Potter books. Plus, they're fun to read.

Outside of literature, however, I'm a fairly busy girl. I try to be on here almost every day, though. I have a job, a wonderful boyfriend, and I'm trying to get into college for literature. I'm the editor of my school newspaper, so I find errors in everything (except for maybe my own writing stressed ), but I try not to be an elitist, 'cause I can't stand that. There's no reason to be mean to people online, in my opinion.

Okay. I went on for too long. How is everyone?  

Citizen Lumos

Jake616

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:49 pm
Hi people.What's this for again?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:00 pm
[~♥ Hello everyone, My name is Ianna, But please call me Mikako. I am 10 years old and will turn 11 in September (Not to brag or anything, But I do have some pretty good literature skills). I like to read books as often as I can, I like reading detective books and mystery books. But I really don't mind what genre the book is. I like reading short books like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. But I also enjoy reading Harry Potter ( I read everything till the Half-Blood prince, Waiting for the seventh edition....).

Outside literature, I am a Student/Photoshop artist/Bum/Internet geek. I am a almost-average student in the fourth grade and not very good in math >_>. I have a great life and I am currently having loads of fun here in Gaia. ♥~]

The Mikki

MangoFireGrl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:43 pm
Hey everyone. My name's Tyra and I am 13 years old. I love to read and I think it's really annoying when people tlk lyk this and hate in roleplays when they talk in third person. I'm really preppy if you want to get steriotypical but people that usally hate preps think I'm a cool person. biggrin  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games