Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Journals [OOC]
[J] Waiting for Daylight Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:32 pm

User Image
"Defining Character Quote here. Preferably Taken from one of Their RPS."

Name: Ninavunja
Meaning: I break. I smash (up). I shatter. I damage. I destroy. I demolish. I tear down. and/or I obliterate.
Pronunciation: N-Eye-Nah-Vun-Jah
Nicknames: Nin/Nina. Ninavu/Navu. Vu.
Origin: Swahili

Species: Hyena (Original Lines)
Stage: Adult

Mother: Unknown
Father: Unknown
Siblings: Belphegor. (Half Brother)

Fertile: Yes
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mate: None Currently
Offspring: None Currently

Pride: Rogue
Seer: No

Theme Song:
RP Color: #A48F83
RP Status: Open to All RP
Familiar: None Currently

Obtained: Ameh's Hyena Contest! (April 2011)
Colorist: Ameh

Personality:

User Image

BIOGRAPHY

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:48 pm
User Image

In Progress----->
None!

<-----Completed
Rescuing the Hopeless

Abandoned----->
None!

User Image

[!] Nothing currently.

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:51 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:56 pm
FAMILIAR

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Defining Character Quote here. Preferably Taken from one of Their RPS."

Name:
Meaning:
Pronunciation:
Nicknames:
Origin: Swahili

Species:

Mother: Unknown
Father: Unknown
Siblings: Unknown

Fertile:
Sexual Orientation:
Mate:
Offspring:

Companion:
Pride:

Theme Song:
RP Color: #
RP Status:
Obtained:
Colorist:

Personality:
Biography:

User Image

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:57 pm
User Image

In Progress----->
None!

<-----Completed
None!

Abandoned----->
None!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:58 pm
User Image

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:00 pm
User Image

[Image Title] by Artist Name  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:03 pm
User Image

Contest Entry
Owner of top brother: Neon Fly
Name/meaning of top brother: Ninavunja // I break. I smash (up). I shatter. I damage. I destroy. I demolish. I tear down. and/or I obliterate.

Owner of bottom brother: Tahja Estes
Name/meaning of bottom brother: TBD

Their personalities and how they feel about each other: I wasn’t sure what to expect when I first set out on this unspoken quest to find her. Like some mythical creature I only knew of the stories shared at bed time. Could only remember hazy outlines of her form. Like chasing a shadow under the setting sun. She was always just out of reach, but I was determined. Determined to find her. To confront her. To know why she’d left us behind with someone as spineless as him. Even back then I was an opinionated pup, I guess that’s no surprise to anyone. He always told me I was just like her. Ruthless. Cold. Detached.

Apparently it’s possible to emulate someone you barely knew.

My journey was no picnic, there are plenty of predators on the savanna looking for an easy snack. I considered giving up numerous times but then... one day, like a ghost from a not-so-distant past, there she was. A new litter of pups rolling about her paws, a new male at her side and yet there was no sign of the cruel female of legend. This is the reason why those left behind are encouraged not to go searching for what they’ve lost. Disappointment seems certain to follow.

Some things are better left forgotten, eh Mom?

Glaring her down. Glaring them all down. It was all I could do to keep from sneering at her shock. Didn't think you'd ever see me again, did you? Well, at least I was able to have the last laugh or, what should have been a laugh, somehow all I could feel was disappointment. This wasn't the reunion I'd been expecting---though what was really was still a not yet completely formed picture in my mind's eye. I considered casting them a warning, but why should they have the leisure of being able to prepare for the possible future that lay in store for them?

So instead I left. What else can be done when you've got nothing left to say? Now, you’d think that’d be the end of the story, but in truth, this was only the beginning.

You see.. days later I ended up running into a familiar face. Small and white and smudged with indiscriminate patches of brown that made him appear as if he'd rolled in a pile of dung. It seems he'd decided to follow me in the middle of the night and had proceeded to walk himself right into a mess of trouble. An experience I was familiar with given the time I'd spent kicking up dust in this waste land myself. Granted, I wasn't stupid enough to get caught by some worthless fleabags with a chip on their shoulder. Apparently my savanna smarts had been inherited by my father, given this kid didn't seem to have any.

Well now, it's a pretty sad day on the savanna. Three mongrels against one defenseless pup. I see it, but I can hardly believe it. How pathetic. Even though I had no real reason to get involved, the words seemed to wrestle free before I could turn to walk away. s**t. Why the hell am I doing this? I don't need to save that brat.

Their heads turned, seeming to expect something a little bigger than the barely adolescent Hyena that now taunted them. Eyes narrowing humorlessly. "You can't be serious, why don't you scram bottom feeder."

"Yea~ I'm sure your mother's looking for you, go home and be a good little whipping boy."

My neck arched with indignation. Bottom feeder? Well hell, there may have been some truth to that. A whipping boy, though? Despite the stereotypical chain of command I would never be any female's pet. You guys got some stones on yah, for being no better than guinea chasers. You're really starting to piss me off. Why don't you go eat s**t and die, eh?

I've done it now. They're not going to take that sort of guff from a kid like me and the grin that forms upon my maw is nothing short of malevolent. Pure violence. My teeth grinding against one another until my entire jaw creaks. I guess I was a bad seed from the start, because I've always loved a good fight. Nothing better than feeling your fangs sink into the flesh of your opponent and hearing their bones shatter in your grip. That metallic scent that overpowers the senses upon the first drop. Blood trickling in thin, warm rivers as it seeks some unfathomable path through your fur until it eventually reaches the ground, staining the dirt with dark circles. Every growl a oath to their desire for victory. Every shrill a song of the inflicted anguish. Poetry in motion, or something like that. I've never been too good with flowery words.

The battle that ensues is an ugly mess. My jaws are strong but two against one would have been a trial. Three becomes a brutal beat down. A lesson in manners as they like to call it. If I were older... this fight wouldn't be so damn one sided. As hard as I think it, it doesn't make me feel any better. I can feel those blue eyes, the same as mine, staring unblinkingly as slashes of blood cut across the grass. You'd think he would have taken the hint and run, but no. There he is. Sitting. Watching. Gaze fervent with some emotion unfamiliar to me. Maybe he's just slow? His gaping mouth and that dumbstruck stare are so irritating it makes my skin crawl! But I won't lose. Not with him watching. Not like this.. and when it's over he can run back home and tell her what she gave up. Heh.. won't that be a kick in the a**.

Every muscle in my body is in agony by the end and my fur is damp with fresh blood. My left eye is hidden behind a curtain of red and I can barely see through it. I'm still alive, breathless and shredded, but alive. My tenacity--and perhaps stubborn drive--knows no limit and the wounds I do manage to land leave serious injury upon their vulnerable legs. They're the ones limping home when it's all said and done, decidedly the victors given I look worse for wear. I'm not sure I can move without collapsing. The rigid set of my legs seems to be all that's keeping me upright. Well, that and the fact that the twit is still here.

Still gaping.
Still staring.
Still looking just as much like an idiot as ever.

You trying to catch flies? I ask, trying to keep the weakness off the edge of my voice. I'm so tired, but that was a damn good fight. He can't seem to bring himself to speak. Pfft, it's hardly any surprise to me. I advance a step or at least I'd intended to. As my paw lifts, the rest of my legs seem to crumble like so many dried out termite mounds. Crap, you're not supposed to see this part.

Why the hell are you still sitting there? Go back to your mother! Get going! My bark is toxic with the amount of frustration I feel. This is so lame. The silence thickens and rapid rise and fall of my sides is the only thing that disrupts the stillness that lingers for several minutes. It might be more painful than my injuries. Finally, the mute stands, but much to my dismay his tiny paws bring him wobbling closer to me and he speaks for the first time.

Who will look after you.. if I leave? Truthfully, he wasn't exactly sure what had brought him to set out on his own in search of the stranger that had so abruptly entered his life and then just as quickly disappeared from it. There wasn't any reason for him to leave the comfort of his siblings, his mother, his father and his den yet the pup had set out due to some nagging inkling to know this hyena. To understand the rock-like hardness of his eyes and the heart pain that his gaze seemed to contain, though perhaps not with as much consciousness as all that. It had been as simple as a tugging feeling in his chest that had brought him out on the plains in search of his mysterious sibling.

Ironically, his brother had been the one to stumble upon him and without any encouragement had proceeded to take command of a situation far beyond his own control. It was amazing. It was awe striking. It explained in actions everything about this stranger that couldn't easily be put into words and in the length of the brief but painful battle the painted pup understood exactly what it was that had caused him to follow. He needs me.

I take care of myself, thought that would have been obvious. You really aren't the brightest bird in the flock, are you? The words cut sharply across his thoughts, dismissive and determined to be rid of an object he saw as a burden. Now get lost.

After the ferocity displayed, even a sibling would hesitate in place, but determined to be his saving grace, the pale figure carefully stepped around the bloody figure. Gingerly edging close enough to settle at his sides and clean the edges of his wounds. Stating with a quiet determination, I won't. You don have anybody and you're in pain.. so I'll stay and take care of you.

It was difficult to keep from tensing as the fur along the larger hyena's ruff bristled with obvious displeasure. Whether it was in response to the sureness of his words or his touch was difficult to be sure of. Luckily the brute didn't seem to have the energy to argue tonight and hopefully not for a few days. Hopefully it would be long enough to acclimate the loner to his presence, but if not he'd just have to keep trying. If his brother could challenge three wild dogs and find the strength to see them run with their tails between their legs, then he could certainly find the fortitude to journey beside that unparalleled strength in order to better understand it and perhaps, in time help others to comprehend him as well.

Don't go thinking I'm a hero or anything stupid like that. I didn't save you. I just didn't like the way those guys were looking at me... The way the larger frame cringed from his touch didn't effect the pup much. Settling comfortably at his side despite the space between them as he spoke. It's okay.. you don't have to be anything you don't want. I love you anyway.

....don't be gross.

NOTE: Edited to change the font color of Nina's speech since it was hard to make out. 8<

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

[OOC] Journals [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games