Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:39 pm
If he's accepted then his enrollment post will have been edited in the title + gm post. The register is just to keep tabs on the student body for people's reference.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:56 pm
I want to quest for a ghost character, and its a cosplay. Can it be a cosplay?
IMAGE LINK  

- h a b i b a t i -

Codebreaking Nerd

6,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:03 pm
If it's a cosplay of a character that is not of your own making (for example: Sephiroth) no, that's not allowed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:10 pm
FOR GROWTH POINTSSSSSS do our auditions in the school play thread count if they're over 800 words even though we only made one post?  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:24 am
Could students race on student grounds if they were in their other, non-humanoid form? Just a fun little race between a small group of students just for bragging rights. Go to point A to point B sort of deal to see who is the fastest. Would that be allowed?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:46 am
Eight: yes ~
MK: as long as it's in an area that allows for natural forms ~  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:47 pm
If demons are practically slaves to whoever knows their names- does that apply to their parents (if their parents named them)?

Just noticed that got changed to whoever knows their name can summon them! That's a lot easier and less permanent to work with, thanks!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:54 pm
MoonKitsune
Could students race on student grounds if they were in their other, non-humanoid form? Just a fun little race between a small group of students just for bragging rights. Go to point A to point B sort of deal to see who is the fastest. Would that be allowed?

The area outside of the gym allows for natural forms, whereas inside the gym itself it's off limits unless Red sets it up to allow natural forms for non-shapeshifters.  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

S a l l y S h e e p

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:25 pm
From what occurred in I Know What You Did Last Semester, do I place Colette in Nurse Cricket's as if the whatever-hit-her was a 1 hit KO? Just double checking before I do anything. Thanks! Never mind, Zoo answered it! <3  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:40 am
I just had the idea of an open source Wiki for TiH.. everyone who has a student can register and thusly keep up the profile pages for their students.. it could contain location info, minipet info, etc.

Making it open to members would keep the maintenance off of mods shoulders too heavily.

Also would be helpful to new people since a lot of events have passed, people wonder where certain pets come from or information on minipets badges.. etc.

Just an idea though. ^_^;;  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

alpha lyrae

Friendly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:45 am
quick question!

i'm unclear on what the "art trade" slots for artists are (the ones that share a spot with pet trades, but i know what pet trades are). is that just art for art, or is that trading art for a student enrollment? was just curious because i didn't quite understand!

thanks in advance, guys! <3  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:14 pm
Question about the IC dormrooms!

I was kinda wondering if there is a standard on the layouts of the dorms (Demon, specifically). Like... some characters have private bathrooms and kitchenettes.
I'm just making sure if there's something the staff would prefer along those lines, or if it even really matters.

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:40 pm
I've actually been wondering about this for a while, but the reaper update spurred me to actually ask~ XD

In the past - I think only in the battles in Christmas Town and again in the Beyond the Door/Human World - I've had Malodore use scalpels as impromptu weapons. The scalpels (along with other basic medical tools such as scissors, suture needles, gauze, yada yada) are carried in its sleeves, and it carries them around in case it finds something interesting to experiment on or whatever. The items are completely mundane, and it has... like three of them on its person, certainly no more than that!

I think I've used them as projectiles (which they aren't super good at, since they're medical tools, not balanced throwing knives) and for slicing at short range ('hamstrung' one leg of a SantaBot on a high dice roll XD). All fitting into responses to dice-roll combat. They would never, ever be used in an official (like, say, in the gymnasium or whatever) bout either.

My question: is this usage appropriate, or would it be considered to transgress on the "Reapers are the only ones with weapons" thing? I want to make sure I'm not breaking the rules. smile Nobody ever mentioned their use as being bad in previous battles, but now that the rules have been clarified~

(Also, pretty sure I know the answer to this one - but using claws/teeth/sharp tails/other naturally damaging body parts of one's own offensively doesn't count as 'a weapon', right? XD)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:01 pm
iloveyouDIE
I just had the idea of an open source Wiki for TiH.. everyone who has a student can register and thusly keep up the profile pages for their students.. it could contain location info, minipet info, etc.

Making it open to members would keep the maintenance off of mods shoulders too heavily.

Also would be helpful to new people since a lot of events have passed, people wonder where certain pets come from or information on minipets badges.. etc.

Just an idea though. ^_^;;

With my experience and wikis, they tend to not get used. xD ;;; It's something to keep in mind, though the possibility of other people editing pages they aren't supposed to is also high. We have several threads in the minipets guild where people can ask where to get certain minis/what they turn into/etcetc, but a wiki is something to keep in mind for later on down the road.

Reeshie Hack
Question about the IC dormrooms!

I was kinda wondering if there is a standard on the layouts of the dorms (Demon, specifically). Like... some characters have private bathrooms and kitchenettes.
I'm just making sure if there's something the staff would prefer along those lines, or if it even really matters.

Specifically for the Demons, given their aristocratic social tendencies, it wouldn't surprise me if there used to be a standard layout for the dorms... then with demons being demons, they went ahead and remodeled everything after dishing out some bribes here and there. :U

OTHERWISE to better accommodate the vast range of species and students attending Amityville Academy, each student's dorm is tailored to their specific needs. Just be sure to keep the setting in mind. Unless you're an aquatic-based student, chances are you won't get a swimming pool in your dorm -- and even if you are aquatic based, chances are your swimming pool takes up most of your room. XD Please keep the setting in mind when describing dorm rooms, a neverending fountain of beer and your own personal harem of servants are definite "not happening lol" things. XD

Sosiqui
I've actually been wondering about this for a while, but the reaper update spurred me to actually ask~ XD

In the past - I think only in the battles in Christmas Town and again in the Beyond the Door/Human World - I've had Malodore use scalpels as impromptu weapons. The scalpels (along with other basic medical tools such as scissors, suture needles, gauze, yada yada) are carried in its sleeves, and it carries them around in case it finds something interesting to experiment on or whatever. The items are completely mundane, and it has... like three of them on its person, certainly no more than that!

I think I've used them as projectiles (which they aren't super good at, since they're medical tools, not balanced throwing knives) and for slicing at short range ('hamstrung' one leg of a SantaBot on a high dice roll XD). All fitting into responses to dice-roll combat. They would never, ever be used in an official (like, say, in the gymnasium or whatever) bout either.

My question: is this usage appropriate, or would it be considered to transgress on the "Reapers are the only ones with weapons" thing? I want to make sure I'm not breaking the rules. smile Nobody ever mentioned their use as being bad in previous battles, but now that the rules have been clarified~

(Also, pretty sure I know the answer to this one - but using claws/teeth/sharp tails/other naturally damaging body parts of one's own offensively doesn't count as 'a weapon', right? XD)

In my honest opinion, I'd say that Malodore's scalpels break the "no weapons" rule Amityville Academy has. : While scalpels are small medical instruments, those things are VERY sharp. I'm afraid that Malodore will have the unfortunate instance of finding his basic medical tools replaced with duller, more fragile overdecorated ones.

The reason Reapers have weapons is to set them apart from any other race in TiH. Reapers are meant to be option for players to take who are uncomfortable RPing a non-human character -- their weapon/familiars put them on par with the other races. At this time, we request that only Reapers use weapons as that's "their" special thing, however we are open to discussing things on a case-by-base basis.

The term "weapon" is used to refer to a tool that can be used in such a way that harms another thing. claws/teeth/sharp tails/other naturally damaging body parts are what other races are expected to use in combat, yes.  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:14 pm
Thanks, Maru! I would kind of like Malodore to keep its tools, since it will need them for plotlines like Amrita's body rebuilding (which already has GM approval, I believe). Would having Malodore only use said tools for their intended, in-lab purposes and having them be present only in its room (or a classroom in which they would be needed, like Nurse Cricket's office or a science lab) be acceptable? :> I can very easily not use them in combat at all, just by having Malodore not carry the sharp implements in respect of school rules.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games