Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sailor Tralfamadore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:48 pm

User Image

Stella decided to strike up a conversation with some of the students who had arrived at the table. "Hello, Cassius," she said, addressing the fifth year. "How was your summer? And how does it feel to be a Prefect?" Stella's eyes drew to the badge on his robes, one she desperately hoped to have when she achieved the appropriate year. Her eventual goal was to be Head Girl, but one could not get there without becoming a Prefect first.

As first-year Matilda Duffy was selected for their house, Stella clapped and cheered with the other Slytherins.

Addressing the table in general, Stella asked, "So is anyone planning to try out for Quidditch this year? We're looking for two Chasers and a Seeker." She really hoped they would get a good team this year. Stella was getting better and better at flying every time she took out her Cleansweep, and wanted a chance to show off against Gryffindor.

User Image
Meet my pet owl, Fiordiligi!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:21 pm

User Image

User Image

Adelaide sat down to the Slytherin table. She was late; she had had to use the bathroom right after leaving the carriage. But she had no desire to discuss that. She wanted to greet the other Slytherins and catch up on the gossip. "Hello, Dante, Charon, Cass, Stella!" she said cheerily. "So what is the latest news? What happened to everyone over the summer?" Adelaide hoped that after sharing, they would ask her what happened to her, too. She had traveled to the States with her parents, on some important Ministry business of theirs. She grinned when she thought of the new dress robes she had bought in New York. Adelaide really hoped for some fancy ball this year where she would get the chance to show them off.

After Stella asked about Quidditch, Adelaide nodded her head. "Definitely! I just got a new Nimbus. I have been practicing all summer, whenever we weren't traveling. I think I want to be a Chaser."

User Image

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Sailor Tralfamadore

Lillik

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:25 pm

User Image
With a sigh, Matilda realized that she hadn't been breathing. Removing that old ratty hat, she discerned the Slytherin house table by following the sounds of cheering, and made her way to an empty seat. She felt decidedly exposed, but controlled her nerves by taking slow, measured steps. There were so many more students than she had expected, but she tried her best to put it out of her mind as she took her place.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:31 pm

User Image

Stella saw how nervously the first-year approached the Slytherin table. It brought her back to how upset she had felt a year before, being chosen for Slytherin over her desired house of Ravenclaw, and how happy she had been when Roisin had made her feel better about the hat's choice. "Hello, Matilda!" Stella said to the nervous first-year. "Welcome to Slytherin!" She smiled her way.

Responding to Adelaide, Stella said, "We went to my mother's family's estate in Italy, as usual, and I got to see where my sister Dora goes to school. We also traveled to Greece." She did not think to ask Adelaide about her own summer experiences, instead turning to the more exciting topic of Quidditch. "Why Chaser and not Seeker?" Stella asked. Stella would have preferred Seeker, since she generally liked more solitary positions. However, she thought Keeper suited her best of all.

User Image

Sailor Tralfamadore

Lillik

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:00 pm

User Image
Caught up in her own thoughts, Matilda was startled by Stella's greeting. It had been a long time since she had really spoken to anyone, and felt her cheeks darken.
Wanting to make a good impression, she smiled and said, "Hi, call me Milly." She remembered the conversation that she had just over heard her having. "You were asking about Quidditch... Does that mean you play?" Matilda hadn't seen a Quidditch game in years, and she was excited for flying class to begin. She had only flown once, and the experience was exhilarating... until her Grandmother had spotted her at six years old, flying above the towers of the manor on a rickety old Comet model.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:11 pm

User Image

Cassius "Cass" Barrington
Fifth Year Slytherin Prefect

"Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects, and discovering other people's weaknesses."

==== ☠ ====

Cass shuddered as a girl called him Cassius. Didn't she know that most people simply called him Cass? He shrugged it off, she probably didn't mean to. He couldn't be careless if he wanted to stay Prefect. "Ah my summer was quite well. I spent a lot of it traveling. I did go to Belfast though. I haven't been there in years," Cass replied. He figured he would be polite. "As far as being a Prefect goes, it doesn't feel as different. Sure, I've got more responsibility and it is kinda cool to be recognized like this, but so far, I still feel like regular old Cass Barrington!" he laughed at the last part. He felt oddly giddy tonight for some reason.

As a first year was sorted into Slytherin, Cass joined in cheering for her. When she sat down, Cass gave her a smile. "Welcome to Slytherin Milly. I'm Cassius, but most people call me Cass," he said calmly. This whole Prefect thing was probably going to be a headache, but they thought he could do it, and so he did. "Stella's probably one of the best keepers we have on the team. Each house has their own team of course. Perhaps you'll play someday? Not too many first years make the team though."

==== ☠ ====

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Lillik

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:52 pm

User Image
Matilda smiled as Cassius mentioned the house teams. The thought of being on a Quidditch team was exhilerating to her, but having not been allowed to fly her whole life, she doubted her skill. She hoped to get some much needed experience in this year.
"Oh, I don't think I'd be any good on the team, anyhow. My Grandmother always told me that flying was not for ladies..." She blushed. "I can't wait to see a game, though. I haven't seen a real sport in years."
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:18 pm

User Image

The hisses in my ear:
Firsties yay!
What writhes withinn me: Nerves, excitment, happy to be back

Those entwined with me: Dante, Cass, Stella, Milly

Charon sighed light when Dante snapped. Really he was more stubborn then he was. Waiting a moment for the other to relax a little, Charon looked at him trying not to worry when the other winced. Maybe Xenos would be able to get him to go. "I'm sorry. I won't ask again." The pale teen said softly so only Dante could hear him. The last thing the boy wanted was to spike his temper farther. If this kept up he couldn't help but wonder how much longer Dante would handle it.

A smile crossed his face when the first Slyertin of the year was named. Looking up to see a small pale red head join them he chuckled a little at the sight of the small girl surrounded by older students. "Welcome Milly. My name's Charon, pleasure to meet you. The dark hair boy next to me is Dante Prince." Charon said in a calm but inviting tone. It was habit since their second year together for Charon to introduce his long time friend. Why he did that the boy still didn't know. "Well hopefully your gran won't argue too much. You're at school and flying is a class you have to take. Maybe you'll end up good enough that she won't mind." He said when Milly mentioned her Granmother's thoughts about flying.

Meet me at the usual place as soon as you can tonight.

Trip over love, you can get up.

... Fall in love and you fall forever.

User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Sailor Tralfamadore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:32 pm

User Image

"Yes, I'm the Keeper," Stella said to Matilda. "They got pretty desperate last year and let first-years join. I don't know if they'll do it again, but you should keep your eyes peeled if they do! You'll have to take Flying anyway." She blushed when Cass complimented her flying skills, and then felt embarrassed that she had forgotten he liked to go by his nickname. "Thanks, Cass," she replied. "I don't think I'm that fantastic, but then I have my sister to complete against - and she's so good she'll probably go professional as soon as she finishes school. She goes to La Scuola Magica de Venizia and she's already the star of her house team." Just thinking of her sister made Stella miss her, and she made a mental note to write her a letter that night. She'd send it up to Ligi to deliver the next day.

Stella giggled a little when hearing Matilda say her grandmother thought flying wasn't lady-like. "Oh, don't worry about that," she said. "Gender roles are silly and outdated. There are plenty of girls who play Quidditch, here and outside of Hogwarts. There's even a whole professional team just of women, the Holyhead Harpies." Stella took a sip of pumpkin juice. "Though I prefer to root for Puddlemere United myself."

User Image
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:47 pm

User Image

User Image

Responding to Stella's question about her choice of position, Adelaide said, "I guess I just like the attention. The Seeker tends to be off to the sidelines until he catches the Snitch, right? You only get attention for one fleeting moment. The Chasers are the center of attention all the time." She gulped. Adelaide didn't really need to advertise her drama queen credentials. They were well-known throughout the school.

As the new first-year sat down and began chatting with the others, Adelaide realized she should probably make her own introduction. "Welcome to the best house at Hogwarts. I'm Adelaide Obenga, but I tend to go by Adele or Addie. Whichever you prefer." She smiled. She did prefer Adele, but did not completely mind when people called her Addie. Adele just sounded more...refined. And she liked to feel refined.

As Matilda said something about flying being unladylike, Adelaide shrugged it off. "Nonsense!" she said. Ignoring Stella's speech about gender roles, she began, "I was always raised to be like a lady, and my parents still thought flying was important. Roisin is that way, too. She's a second-year and on the team, you'll meet her soon." Adelaide had never gotten to know the red-headed Irish girl, but she knew enough about her that her opinion was a qualified one. "Also, I think three of our Quidditch captains are girls, right? Mira for our house, Bailey for Hufflepuff and Tamara for Gryffindor? I've got it right, haven't I?" Thinking of their arch-rivals, Adelaide said, "Ooh, Gryffindor...I really hope we beat them this year. That's why they should let me on the team, I'll give those losers a good whacking!" No one in Slytherin liked the Gryffindorks, as they called them, but Adelaide in particular found them quite annoying. She really wished they'd get off their moral high horses and have some fun for a change.

User Image

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Sailor Tralfamadore

Lillik

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:41 pm

User Image
Matilda was excited to receive such a warm welcome from the elder Slytherins, her nerves quickly dwindling in her excitement at meeting so many new people. Having been home schooled her whole life, there were more people here than she had ever seen, and being welcomed so quickly was fabulous.
Charon's mention of her grandmother disconcerted her slightly. She was concerned about being a disappointment to her grandmother's memory, and his words made her think about what Grandma would say, were she still alive, if she knew her Darling Milly was thinking about the glories of Quidditch. Not wanting to talk about her family, she said simply, "No, I don't think she would argue. And I'm sure she wouldn't want to get in the way of my schooling."
Matilda's eyes sparkled as Stella recounted the previous year, when they allowed her to become a Keeper as a first year. The idea got under her skin, the notoriety of being a first year Quidditch player was insatiable. "It would be amazing to get on the team so young... Grandma was pretty old fashioned, I suppose. I found an old broom in the Groundskeepers shed once, when I was six. I got to play with it for a while, but when the Housekeeper spied me through the fifth floor window making faces at her, Grandma burned the broom and forbid me from going to the skies." Matilda shrugged, an ironic smirk on her lips. "I haven't flown since..."
She nodded enthusiastically as Stella mentioned the Holyhead Harpies. "I loved them! I used to beg Grandma to buy me tickets, I got her to once, and it was amazing! the Harpies won, 780 to 510. I think it was the Cannons they were up against..." Matilda's face was aglow with excitement as she spoke, eyes wide as she tripped over her words in her rush to get them out.
As Adele spoke about all the other female players at Hogwarts, Matilda was surprised to discover how sheltered she really was in her Grandmother's Manor. When living there she had never really left the grounds, so her exposure to others was very limited.
Adele's mention of Gryffindor perked her interest. She glanced over towards the table swathed in red and gold, with a large lion depicted on a banner, along with a the name Gryffindor.
"What's wrong with Gryffindor?" She had been given precious little information about what was in store for her at Hogwarts, and wanted to know everything.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:08 pm

User Image

Stella smiled at Matilda's ignorance of the house rivalries. It reminded her of when she started at Hogwarts the previous year; as someone whose parents didn't attend the school, she knew nothing of its traditions until she read about them in the library or learned from other students. "Gryffindor and Slytherin have always had a very fierce rivalry. We have very different personalities, you see; Gryffindors are always worried about justice and morals and being brave. We Slytherins tend to look out for ourselves first." She cleared her throat. "So, naturally, we don't get along. They think we're all dark wizards and witches in training, and we think they're a lot of duffers who worry too much about helping others for their own good." Stella smirked. Maybe the rivalry was accurate; she had friends in both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, but she really had not befriended any Gryffindors yet, and did not like most of the ones she had met anyway. She continued, "So we have to play against them extra fiercely in Quidditch and they're always our top rivals for the House Cup, too. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff have a smaller Quidditch rivalry but it isn't as ill."

Stella's mind suddenly went back to her daredevil brother. "It'll be interesting for me next year," she began off-handedly, "as my brother will be starting and I'm betting he'll be a Gryffindork."

Coming back to earth, Stella finished, "Anyway, it apparently started with the four house founders, who they named the houses after. I won't bore you with it but if you're interested you should look it up in the library sometime."

User Image

Sailor Tralfamadore

Sailor Tralfamadore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:06 pm

User Image

User Image

Adelaide giggled a little when she heard Matilda's question about Gryffindor. What was this girl, Muggle-born, that she didn't know? Then, Adele thought of her own foreign-born wizard father and realized she probably shouldn't jump to conclusions. "Gryffindors are arrogant, self-righteous little prats, that's what they are." she hastily quipped. "Totally annoying. You'll learn this really soon, once you have classes with them." She snorted.

She then listened to Stella's long explanation with awe. Adelaide was amazed that the second-year had the patience to give the whole story. She had none left herself. After Stella was done, she added, "Oh, and another thing. They act like they're so noble, but they're all brawn and no brains. See, Ravenclaws are smart, Hufflepuffs are hard-working, we're ambitious, so we all have reasons to do well in school. But Gryffindors don't have bloody well anything to recommend them to anyone. Just lots of rule-breaking and where does that get you?"

User Image

User Image
User ImageUser Image
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:18 pm

User Image
Listening to Stella and Adele's combined explanation of Gryffindor house, she thanked Merlin that she hadn't gotten that house. She thought of the brief description of all the houses that Adele had given her, and decided that she was most definitely in the right house.
Matilda stuck out her tongue and said, "I'm glad I didn't end up in Gryffindor, I'm hoping to actually succeed here."
At Stella's comment about her brother, Matilda giggled slightly, and remarked, "Never did get along with him, did you?"

Lillik

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:44 pm

User Image

==== ==== мira ========

Do I care ⇢

⇠ What I wear

User Image

Mira entered the great hall, a smirk almost plastered to her face. This year was looking to be a great time so far. She is a prefect, head of the Quidditch team and well all around awesome. She made her way over to the older students and took a seat next to her fellow hisser, Charon. "Hola guys. What's kick'n?" She asked them as she opened her robes some so Slange could be seen. Turning down the table doing her job. "Welcome first years!" then went back to paying attention to the older students.

User Image

User Image
Translations{...}
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games