Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Forbidden Forest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:07 pm

User Image

Once an heir, now a leader. I only hope I can do as well as my father wanted...

"Or perhaps she is the cause," Ammar approached from where he had been standing - over his resting place - and glanced between Serallius and Imara, "The wizardkin are quick to turn amongst each other,"

The centaur was muscular, the biggest one there. He had to be to protect his herd. Everyday he trained and grew stronger. His shadow overwhelmed the witch on Serallius' back, and his eyes were fierce. He did not trust this witch. So far away from the school, so close to danger. On a night where two cries of pain were heard by a centaur leader and two from his herd. It seemed too coincidental, and Ammar's eyes narrowed in speculation.

He reached out and yanked the woman off of Serallius' back, holding her up by her shoulders. His nostrils flared as he examined this woman,
"Tell me why a witch is wandering the forest this night? The same night that we have just heard two cries from prey being slaughtered,"

There was silence. Only the sound of sleeping centaurs surrounded them as Ammar looked hard into the face of the witch he was holding up above the ground.

User Image
User Image
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 pm

User Image
Loretta Blake

Divination Professor

Ravenclaw
Loretta was confused when the new Centaur, obviously the leader (as he was the largest), said she might have been the cause of what was going on. As he yanked her up and off of Ser, dangling her in mid-air, her wand still lit but unable to do anything due to the position she was in, Loretta screamed, closing her eyes tight for a moment, her breath coming quickly. She knew she needed to calm down, but honestly this Centaur was terrifying her. And then he told her there were two screams from prey - presumably humans - being killed tonight. She shook her head fiercely. "No, no i dinnae do tha'!" she exclaimed, her accent becoming more thick with her fear. "i just wanted to talk to you! I am the Divination Professor at Hogwarts!" Loretta took a few deep breaths, trying to calm herself.

"I came to speak with you. My sixth years... they are learning about Centaur Divination this year and I wanted to ask if I could bring them out to meet you and learn from you. It would be at the end of the year. I'm so sorry... I... I..." Loretta was at a loss for words. She didn't know what to do. "Please don't hurt me..." she whispered, glancing at Ser. He had been much nicer. Why was this Centaur so... so.. harsh? She had done nothing! His eyes held fire, and shown like they wanted her burned alive for sins she had not committed, and never would. She had never, ever in her learnings, been taught that Centaurs could be so cruel.

Currently: Terrified for her life. Outfit:Comfy.Accent:Very Welsh. Thoughts: i'm going to die.

little_kitten52

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:51 pm

User Image
Isn't anyone tryin to find me?
Won't somebody come take me home
It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life

Ῐϻᾰɍᾰ
Ȼentaur Ϣarrior

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Imara just blinked at Ser, tapping her hoof in annoyance. He knew he couldn't bring her here, and what did he do? He lead her straight to their camp. She could imagine this witch running home and telling her little magical friends about them all, and coming back with pitchforks, torches, and wands to attack them all. Then, Ammar stormed in, like he usually did. Imara stood by and watched as he grabbed her and held her in the air, questioning her with a threatening tone. This was his leader tone, she knew. He only ever got this way when he needed to protect the herd. After listening to the witch's pleas, Imara glanced at her leader for a moment before looking away. "Do you think we've frightened her enough yet, Ammar? Her request sounds reasonable to me, as long as they tell no one where our camp is." she said, closing her eyes and thinking of how this situation would play out.

{OOC:}

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Ȼurrent Ƚocation Forbidden Forest
Ӻriend or Ӻoe Ammar, Serallius, a witch, and the herd
Ῐnner Ҭhoughts What was he thinking?!

Won't you take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:05 pm

User Image
☾ Serallius ☽
A roaming centaur...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Okay, it was a bad idea to bring her back, Serallius realized as the witch was violently dragged off of him. He took a step back, not wanting to take a blow from Ammar's fury. On second thought, Ser probably will get an earful later on anyways, whether he remains quiet or not. He took a step forward, gently resting his hand on Ammar's shoulder. "She's innocent," he declared. "A simple traveler at the wrong place, at the wrong time."

Serallius held his ground, willing to take full responsibility for bringing Loretta to the herd's resting place. "Look into her eyes and tell her that she's a murderer. Can you do it?" Challenging the leader wasn't such a good idea. "As for Imara's concern, I believe I ran so fast that the woman didn't have time to process any sensory inputs. Besides, she was already heading our way; It would be a matter of time before she eventually reaches us."

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:26 pm

User Image

Ammar's breathing was heavy as he weighed his options. The witch did seem innocent and oblivious to the events that were happening in the forest. She was genuinely terrified of him, and seemed to mean every word coming from her lips. He was not afraid of the witch, but of the predator that still lurked in the forest somewhere, hiding, waiting for the next prey. Ammar simply hoped that it would not come for them next.

With a sigh, Ammar gently placed the witch on the ground, making sure that her feet made contact with the earth beneath his hooves,
"I believe you,"

It was a softer voice that came from Ammar next, "I am sorry I did not trust you sooner... something is prowling these woods tonight, and I needed to ensure the safety of my people," he glanced over his shoulder at the sleeping forms behind him.

He looked to Imara next,
"We will move our sleeping grounds tomorrow. It is not safe here any longer," then to Serallius, Ammar's chest puffed out, "When it is ever your duty to determine a threat to this herd, you will understand my hesitance to allowing any being, be it witch or creature, into our sleeping grounds," a huff came from Ammar and he once again turned towards the witch.

She looked so terrified, which softened Ammar's tone by a fraction,
"What is it that you ask of the centaurs?"

User Image
User Image
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:10 pm

User Image
Loretta Blake

Divination Professor

Ravenclaw
As Ser and Ammar talked, and she was subsequently set down, Loretta's breathing calmed. She looked up at Ammar and nodded in understanding. "I can understand your concern. Students are not allowed in the Forest withou' an adult for the very reason you worry for your herd: There are things that lurk here that are very unpleasant indeed. I only ask that myself and two students, at the end of the term, are able to come and visit you. They are learning about Centaur Divination and, as i was not taught by a Centaur, i can only teach so much. For them to meet one, at the least, would be a great opportunity." Loretta took that moment to take a few deep breathes, calming herself and allowing what she said to sink in.

"We would not even have to meet at your resting place. We could meet closer to the edge of the forest, if you preferred. Then we would not have to travel so far, and your home would not be in danger." She looked up into Ammar's eyes and smiled.

"Thank you for trusting me. Even if it did not happen righ' away, it happened, and tha' is important. I see no reason why a Centaur and a Witch cannae be friends, or at least civil. Did not the War put these things behind us? And your friend is correct. My eyes were shut the entire way here, and he was moving very quickly. I don' know the way back to the edge of the forest, much less here from the Grounds."

Currently: Talking with Ammar. Outfit:Teacher's ClothesAccent:Very Welsh. Thoughts: He's not so bad...

little_kitten52

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:57 am

User Image
Isn't anyone tryin to find me?
Won't somebody come take me home
It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life

Ῐϻᾰɍᾰ
Ȼentaur Ϣarrior

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

The female centaur was unmoved by the witch's tale. Imara just stood there, tapping a hoof and watching her leader as he spoke. Whatever he decided, she would go along with. It was her duty as a member of his herd. "As long as our herd is safe, I wouldn't mind this request. It is for the sake of knowledge, after all." she said. She was quite familiar with the topic she wished her students to know more about. It was one of the things every centaur should know how to perform, though she wasn't the best at it. Herbology was her calling, not divination. Although, she hoped the Herbology professor wouldn't wander into the forest at night and ask for lessons from her. That would be horrid in more ways than one.

{OOC: Bleh. This post could've been longer.}

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Ȼurrent Ƚocation Forbidden Forest
Ӻriend or Ӻoe Ammar, Serallius, a witch, and the herd
Ῐnner Ҭhoughts If it's for learning purposes...

Won't you take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:04 pm

User Image
☾ Serallius ☽
A roaming centaur...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Serallius took a couple steps back, seeing that the witch was relatively safe. He was glad that Imara argued for the request, rather than against it. He simply kept quiet, waiting for an answer from their leader. Besides, if he spoke up it would add more trouble on his plate than he already has. Though he must say, the request wasn't too big, since it only required speaking in front of three people about divination. Any centaur with a little knowledge about the subject could teach anyone, at least, Ser thought so.

{OOC; Derping QuQ}

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:11 pm

User Image

❤❤ T A M A R AR A D C L I F F E
HOGWARTS GRADUATE
¦¦ if you're going through hell, keep on going
xxxxxxxxxx x x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

Silent padding through the forest, a German Shepard carrying an herb basket in its mouth. The dog stopped in its tracks, placed the basket down and sniffed the air. She glanced at the school, which was visible through the trees. She bent her head down and picked the basket up again, heading towards the herbs she smelled. A small flowering bush was the source of the smell. Suddenly, the German Shepard became a woman. Tamara Radcliffe, a common sight in these woods. She was unafraid of the dangers of the Forbidden Forest. And from that lack of fear was born a need to gather. Her potioneering needed ingredients, and it was cheaper to gather them, rather than buy them. After gathering from the bush, Tammy nodded and shifted back into her wolf form, padding into the forest in a different direction.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:34 am

User Image

The centaur listened carefully to the words spoken to him from both the wizard and Imara. Then the witch began to lecture Ammar and he huffed, "Do not come to my territory to lecture me on follies made by the wizardkind," Ammar's hooves padded the ground in annoyance.

There was no real love between the centaurs and the wizardkind. It was simply acceptance that the other existed. The war hadn't made them equals, and the centaurs were not interested in that, whatsoever. They wanted their land, and they did not want the Ministry poking their nose in the affairs of centaurs. Restricting land on the centaurs because they could would result in such a riot among his people... it happened once before. Wizards tended to repeat the past quite well. Perhaps it was because they all mostly lacked the ability to see time as one continuous loop, endless.

"I thought I was being civil," his eyes squinted, and he continued, "Send out a flare when the day comes and one of my centaurs will arrive," Ammar turned and began to walk away. He wasn't sure if this was the best decision to make, revealing the secret art of centaur divination. He supposed it didn't matter much at this point, considering one centaur many years prior had revealed nearly all of the centaur secrets of divination. Any centaur could teach the wizards, because all centaurs learned at a young age. He could send anyone he wanted.

"Serallius, take her home,"

User Image
User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

little_kitten52

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:16 pm

User Image
Loretta Blake

Divination Professor

Ravenclaw

Loretta blinked. Ammar seemed almost offended. She wasn't sure what she had done to do that... "I dinnae say you werenae civil..." she mumbled, confused, and shook her head. She looked back at Serallius, whom she figured the larger Centaur was talking about (she hadn't known his name until then), and sighed, walking over to him. "I am sorry to have gotten you in trouble..." she said quietly, worrying her bottom lip and smiling a little, sadly. "I don' want tha'." She had honestly thought that things would have gone better. Perhaps Ammar was just on edge due to the happenings in the Forest. Or perhaps he didn't like her for some reason. She had no way of knowing. All she knew is she was honestly trying to be nice.

Currently: Confused. Outfit:Comfy.Accent:Very Welsh. Thoughts: What did i do wrong?..
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:34 pm

User Image
☾ Serallius ☽
A roaming centaur...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

"It's fine," Serallius said. "I'll take you back to Hogwarts now." Serallius said. He lowered himself slightly so Loretta could hop onto him with little difficulty. Ser would focus on the task at hand, rather than worry about the future for now. Though for future reference, he now knows that bringing another kind to the herd's sleeping ground wasn't such a good idea. He sighed.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:40 pm

User Image

Athena
Owner: Chase Henrick

┏━━━━━━━━━ ✽ ━━━━━━━━┓

The little fox, happy, ventured into the forest. The dense patch of land seemed fun to Athena, who loved to explore mysterious places. Hogwarts, she had already adventured through all of the rooms, and didn't provide her with enough fun. Besides, this was just a forest. What could possibly go wrong?

┗━━━━━━━━━ ✽ ━━━━━━━━┛
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:38 pm

User Image

❤❤ T A M A R AR A D C L I F F E
HOGWARTS GRADUATE
¦¦ if you're going through hell, keep on going
xxxxxxxxxx x x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

Padding through the edges of the forest, Tamara picked up a new smell, one that was familiar to her. Why was this... She remembered. That boy she found in the Forest, wounded and unconscious. Why did that boy come back? She made the equivalent of a sigh and padded off in the direction of the smell. However, what she discovered was a small white fox. I see, that's why the boy had this smell. Well, no wonder the boy was here. Well, I better follow this creature. I know the boy will come looking for it.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games