Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Official SERIOUS Naruto Anime and Manga discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yomei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:09 am
Kai Hyugiha
Irishfury
The parallels between the Sannin and Team Seven are ridiculous. It's as though evil, strength, and perversion skip a couple generations. I'm expecting some mind-bending plot twist, like Jiraiya being Naruto's grandfather or some such thing (yes, we all know the Fourth was his father, but it's still possible). I loved chapter 246, by the way, but I was slightly disappointed that I couldn't predict their strategy. I even knew what weakness they'd employ, and I just assumed Naruto's new perverted ninjutsu would come into play.

I find myself hoping, every time I read a raw, that some other genin will happen to be walking in the background somewhere, just so I can see what they look like. I feel bad, letting such a thing distract me from the actual plot, but I can't shake the possibilites of such things as Neji in a massive Hyuuga robe or Kiba in a thick fur overcoat. Then again, some of them will probably look exactly the same, like Shino and Shikamaru. I guarentee Lee hasn't changed a bit.

Lee's eyebrows are probably double the thickness now.

Double the thickness.....*faints*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:04 pm
Did anyone notice any mistake during the episodes with the exams? I watched some episodes again and noticed Obechimaru(sp?) has the earth scroll then when he gets burned on the tree by Sasuke he has the heaven scroll and burns it.  

Mizuneko2

Irishfury

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:15 am
First of all, it's Orochimaru. Secondly, the Heaven scroll he burns is Team Seven's original scroll, meaning they have to find two others to progress. Watch the rest of the Second Examination and keep count of how many new scrolls they get. You'll see, it all works out.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:43 pm
Yomei
Kai Hyugiha
Irishfury
The parallels between the Sannin and Team Seven are ridiculous. It's as though evil, strength, and perversion skip a couple generations. I'm expecting some mind-bending plot twist, like Jiraiya being Naruto's grandfather or some such thing (yes, we all know the Fourth was his father, but it's still possible). I loved chapter 246, by the way, but I was slightly disappointed that I couldn't predict their strategy. I even knew what weakness they'd employ, and I just assumed Naruto's new perverted ninjutsu would come into play.

I find myself hoping, every time I read a raw, that some other genin will happen to be walking in the background somewhere, just so I can see what they look like. I feel bad, letting such a thing distract me from the actual plot, but I can't shake the possibilites of such things as Neji in a massive Hyuuga robe or Kiba in a thick fur overcoat. Then again, some of them will probably look exactly the same, like Shino and Shikamaru. I guarentee Lee hasn't changed a bit.

Lee's eyebrows are probably double the thickness now.

Double the thickness.....*faints*

Or it could be 5 times as thick.  

Kai Hyugiha

Mizuneko2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:52 pm
Irishfury
First of all, it's Orochimaru. Secondly, the Heaven scroll he burns is Team Seven's original scroll, meaning they have to find two others to progress. Watch the rest of the Second Examination and keep count of how many new scrolls they get. You'll see, it all works out.
There are more scroll collecting in the 3rd test xp ? *is only up to Kiba and Naruto's battle.*

I'm having trouble downloading manga 77. It gives me some kind of error and resets. do you know what's wrong?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:37 pm
Lmao! ;wheeze; That last chapter was short, but precious. Very clever of Naruto to find Kakashi-san's weakness.  

DanieBarton03

Eloquent Elder

Kai Hyugiha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:30 am
DanieBarton03
Lmao! ;wheeze; That last chapter was short, but precious. Very clever of Naruto to find Kakashi-san's weakness.

Sakura's so strong it was surprising a real change from how she used to be and the expression on Kakashi's face was priceless.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:50 pm
Kai Hyugiha
DanieBarton03

Sakura's so strong it was surprising a real change from how she used to be and the expression on Kakashi's face was priceless.
yup 3nodding  

Kalmarkid91

Uzumaki Raika

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:01 am
I'm new to the guild and I don't know if this has been discussed... I don't think I'm off topic for there is much evidence of this in the series. This is sort of an "obvious" secret, but do you think Naruto is the son of the 4th Hokage? If it is so obvious (just look at theri faces) why hasn't it been hinted or anything? And one of my friends says that Jiraiya may be Naruto's grandfather...but that is too twsited. What do you think of these "familiar bonds" suggestions? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:11 am
Raika Natsukime
I'm new to the guild and I don't know if this has been discussed... I don't think I'm off topic for there is much evidence of this in the series. This is sort of an "obvious" secret, but do you think Naruto is the son of the 4th Hokage? If it is so obvious (just look at theri faces) why hasn't it been hinted or anything? And one of my friends says that Jiraiya may be Naruto's grandfather...but that is too twsited. What do you think of these "familiar bonds" suggestions? sweatdrop

Everything you just said has already been discussed.  

Kai Hyugiha

nightlight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:25 am
haha, doesn't mean we couldn't skim over it briefly... yeah, so far, the widely accepted idea is that naruto is indeed the 4th's son, and i would expect that the 4th is Jiraiya's son too... incidentally, while i'm a little peeved that the series just jumped 3 years into the future without any sign of what happened in between, i'm hoping that the writer is ingenious enough (he hasn't failed us yet) to at least make a couple flashback episodes or something showing what happened in that time period...)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:38 pm
nightlight
(he hasn't failed us yet) to at least make a couple flashback episodes or something showing what happened in that time period...)
I hope so. It'd be mean to just leave us all in the dark on how their training was. Especially flashbacks of what Sasuke's been doing since Sakura's and Naruto's training seems pretty obvious.

Edit: The Naruto's heiritage section started at the bottom of page 26 for those who missed out. xd  

DanieBarton03

Eloquent Elder

Vermillion Spiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:32 pm
Has anyone read 247 RAW yet? Gaara looks like an 80's TV star! And I think that Shikamaru and Temari are together but I don't read Japanese so I could be wrong. The new Akatsuki are even weirder than Kisame... Scary crying  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:02 pm
Hahaha, oh yeah, I saw the latest chapter... Ok, I just wanna whack off the end of Gaara's hair. Not liking the mullet. But yeah... Kazekage?? Ok, well, he was his son and all but... It's just really weird. And Sakura is officially a chuunin (and so is Neji, yes? I don't know much Japanese but I can pick out a few words). I did like the random Shikamaru and Temari bit. I think he said they weren't dating (I know Naruto asked, ok, well, I'm almost sure he did), though. But Shikamaru sure looks... taller, lol.

Since I couldn't understand enough, I wasn't too interested in the last part yet (more random Akatsuki people...), but I'm sure I will be once I can read what's going on. So yeah, I'm really interested to read what REALLY is going and exactly what rank everyone (or the few people mentioned) is, just in case I misread something.  

GwydionAE

Antique Cat

angelsanctus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:00 pm
Hi!

Sorry to bring up the whole "the 4th is Naruto's dad" thing, but I personally think the whole thing stupid. It's just so... cliché. I personally think that the only reason they are so similar is BECAUSE of the 4th's seal that imbedded some of his chakra into Naruto, causing the similarities. And Jiraiya being his GRANDFATHER? C'mon, that's just silly. (I mean, feel free to say 'I told you so' if we find that ya'll's hypothesis is correct, but if it is, I'm going to be so mad at Kishimoto for doing such a lame thing).
I personally miss the old Naruto outfit, the new one is too tight. X( Although I like the black. And no, shinobi should NOT wear orange! I mean, you try hiding in a forest wearing bright orange... (-_-);
Gaara's hair is bothering me too, and I like the thought of a Temari x Shikamaru pairing. But what is going on in the Village of Hidden Sand? An undercover man? I dunno. Happy reading everyone!  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games