Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:23 pm
lol
thanks

and I got the best advice from a customer the other day,
Her first words to me at the cash register were
"Take the advice of someone who knows.
Love all men.
Marry none."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:59 pm
I be me
lol
thanks

and I got the best advice from a customer the other day,
Her first words to me at the cash register were
"Take the advice of someone who knows.
Love all men.
Marry none."

thats great. mad D

There was the squirrel at school today... it was eating clover. And it was really cute. It would sit on the ground, and gather the stems in its arms, then eat the leaves, then let go of the stems, so there were all these still-growing stems without leaves. It was really cute.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:39 am
OMG
ok, this is just weirding me the hell out.

my mother, through a series of events, has the knowelege that I have had sex with a guy in my room.
She knows.
I know she knows
She knows I know she knows.
But she has said NOTHING about it......
ITS FREAKING ME OUT!!!!

The closest thing I got was "Is he nice" and "so does this mean you two are an item now"

Its like she understands that I made a decision about my life in my space using my best judgement and I can't replace my judgement with hers or anybody elses and still expect to lead a sucessfull and happy life.
But I wasn't expecting that. I was expecting to have to explain that to her then weather a storm after.

p.s. I am 22 and have lived out of home for like two years and only moved back in because she moved across the country to an area where I would have a much better chance of gaining employment and I am working towards moving out of home again. Not because I don't like living with my mother but because I miss the pride of paying my own bills and taking full care of myself.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:40 am
I would kill to get that kind of respect. I moved out at the beginning of the school year, and my parents still try to enforce a bedtime on me.

I swear I'm not necro posting. Just getting the chat thread back where it belongs, on the first page. ninja  

knitting_needle_ninja

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:40 am
I was just thinking that the chat thread needed to be pulled up....

I love having the house to myself... I'm at my friends house, cause her mom didn't want her staying by herself while they were out of town, so i slept over which ment that we cut and sewed stuff. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:04 am
I'm fast approaching college graduation, which is scary enough as it is, but my parents want me to move back home again, until I get into graduate school. I love my family, but I have my pride, and I'm afraid I'd turn into an anti social hermit before the summer was over.
One of my friends is in a similar boat, and we're thinking (day dreaming) about getting an apartment together.  

Blue-eyes-green

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:21 am
Having done the graduate and move back several times; It's nice living with parents when you don't have the money, but I always ended up getting into an agrument about what I could and couldn;t do. Parents always seem to forget your 20-something and see you sa a teenager still (*sigh* If only beauty creams works that way, we'd be set)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:42 am
Heh... The amazing parent cream!

Moving back with your parents after a taste of freedom is weird. I've lived with them during summer holidays when I got a summer job in my old hometown (or those summers when I couldn't find a suitable job anywhere). It has its advantages but it's nice to move back to my own home in the autumn.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:55 pm
I was home for six weeks around Christmas because I had to miss the winter term due to getting my wisdom teeth out. I can deal with my parents, it just I have no social life left in my hometown, so I get really lonely.
I gave up a long time ago on convincing my father that I am no longer four years old and completely defenseless. It's just easier that way. It's my mother I tend to wind up arguing with.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:58 pm
since i've moved out i've been getting the "are you ok? and is he dominaing you?(i live with my fiance)" the thing is parents cant stand the fact that their child is grown up and can think for themself. i get that line at the wierdest times during a chat on the phone... eek

i bet my parents are dying for me to moveback into the town let alone the house. i also get the "are you happy" line. at this point i'm not going to give in and stay away. i love them but i cant stand them.  

peachkitten

Tinuvial

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:53 pm
My relationship with my parents improved drastically when I moved out on my own. They were always telling me how hard it is to fend for yourself, etc. But thanks to some great advice from my dad, I'm really financially responsible. I managed to move into an apartment in my senior year of college and haven't been back since.

I think my parents are a little sad that I took the transition so well. Fortunately for them, I have 2 younger sisters - so they still feel needed. It still feels weird when they come to visit me. Mom always brings towels and food as if I don't have enough for my guests. XD I guess she still doesn't think I've grown up.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:51 am
I'm the youngest of four, with five years between me an my closest sibling, so it's really hard for them to let go. But I don't think they'll be too upset about me moving in with my friend, once we the logistics of it worked out. Unfortunately, where we'd be moving in is completely across the country from my parents, so they won't like that, but it's within the same county as my favorite aunt, which they would like.  

Blue-eyes-green

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:44 am
Speaking of moving out....

In two weeks I will be living on my own for the first time- in Springfeild, Mass. A long cry from where I'm from. (Cinci, OH). Is anyone on the guild from up that way? I know no one up there. ><  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:08 pm
i need a better job.... sweatdrop i get like 2 hours a week, which is like no money.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:22 pm
I know the feeling. I work 3.5 hours a week because the place where I work is riddiculously overstaffed. Our minimum wage got increased to $6.85, which meant I got a .35 raise, but they raised the taxes too, so I lost $20 off my paycheck at the end of the month. ¬.¬  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff