Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:11 pm
how exactly do blastboats attack a cap. ship?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:56 pm
Nospai Deathous
how exactly do blastboats attack a cap. ship?

Lets see, they start by unloading a wave of torps at the ship, then take out the shield generators and bridge, then the engins, and then they hnope that the guy in the auxillary bridge gives up, otherwise they have to go along taking out all the turbolassers and IES. So basicly it's suicide if your alone, insanity if in a squad, and just crazy if your in a fleet.  

Uber_Bunny

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:38 pm
a fleet of blastboats wouldn't be crazy...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:26 am
Nelowulf
My Subwoofer will blow the hutts out of the sky...

Thinking of which, how does the sonic mine work if there is no molecules in space for the sound to travel through?

Well, they're seismic charges. They don't actually attack with sound. I'm not sure how they work, actually, except that Ben Burtt (the sound editor) wanted them to have a "sonic black hole." There's no sound in space anyway, of course, but this is Star Wars, so that doesn't matter.

*pulls out New Essential Guide to Weapons* A seismic charge is, basically, any bomb allowed to float unpowered through space toward the enemy. They're mostly used for ambushes. Jango's charges used a volatile baradium-collapsium blend, charged by magnetic coils, to create the shock wave. The "sonic black hole" at the beginning actually does suck matter toward it, which makes evading the shock wave harder.  

Durza the Shade

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:37 am
seismic means vibration, and thus, would work off the principles of sound. It still requires molecules to move...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:18 pm
well, there were asteroids, or whatever, and they probably collided, given their proximity, which would mean there's a ton of microdebris...  

Nospai Deathous

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:41 pm
There's space between the debris. The rules of the Eighth dimension dictate that though there is all the microdebris, the inital strike would create a chain reaction that would disperse the atoms in such a way that there would not be anything that could be a viable transport for the sonic energy (or seismic) to really produce such effect. Sound could possibly travel, but in such minute capabilites, that there would be no sensing, and it would dissapate within a few feet.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:15 pm
not really much to do with tecnical ship or anything but have you notced that in star wars sound and light travel at the same speed.  

NickCpointless

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:43 pm
What do you mean? i guess i'm not sure what you're trying to say. provide an example.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:26 pm
At a distance far enough back to see the entire Death Star, the sound of its explosion would reach us long after we see it blow. But sound can't travel in space anyway. It's just another little rule of physics thrown out in the interest of making a good movie.  

Durza the Shade

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:35 pm
thats what i ment pirate  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:12 pm
ever notice that in all sci-fi movies (except maybe 2001), there's sound in space?  

Nospai Deathous

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:18 am
Nospai Deathous
ever notice that in all sci-fi movies (except maybe 2001), there's sound in space?

What about the movie 2010?

And most of the time there is sound in space because everyone hates it otherwise. Its a selling point.

A research team noticed that the FURTHER away from reality something was, the more people liked it. In example, The Core, a movie which except for the ship Virgil, could physically happen, was a dud at the box office. On the other hand, we all know how well star wars did....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:40 pm
they didn't explain all the science and whosey-whatsits in star wars, tho.

and in 2010, they did have weird ambience going on. that disappointed me. = (  

Nospai Deathous

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:49 pm
They dont normally explain anything. Its all speculated and put into commission by zealous fanbased persona.

Where else would you find stats and stuff?

Also, one more thing I forgot about SW: The video games actually do have 64 individual turbolasers for you to shoot at... I counted...  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games