Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:14 am

Celestia Whitesword
Wow! It goes fast, doesn't it? ^_^;;

Gift card cash does have a tendency to do that...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:24 am

Missing nin Itachi
Celestia Whitesword
Wow! It goes fast, doesn't it? ^_^;;

Gift card cash does have a tendency to do that...

Yes it does. sweatdrop

AFK Masturbating

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:33 am

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:42 am

Darkened Angel
This is a crazy read.

http://www.etiquettehell.com/content/eh_business/customers/customers.shtml

Makes me glad I don't work in retail and such. gonk

AFK Masturbating

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:58 am

I get pervs ogling me all the time when I'm at work.

Then again, that's part of the job. twisted
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:06 am

Well, that is pretty much the environment. sweatdrop

AFK Masturbating

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:34 am

According to the feminazis, a woman can walk around town at night, naked, and it's not even remotely partly her fault if something happens to her.

It's kinda funny though. Apparently by being a stripper, I'm automatically having self esteem issues and all this other crap, because some total stranger knows more about me than I do just because they know what I do for a job.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:47 am

It's silly how some folks manage to come to such conclusions. ._. Particulary without any facts to back it up.

AFK Masturbating

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:06 am

I live with a man ( Bro, but relation doesn't matter in this perspective ) and take care of a house while he usually goes out to do various things while I stay I home tending to everything.

Obviously, I'm a woman trapped in a traditional household with no freedom and only " allowed " to work outside the house at all as a courtesy because women are still thought of as being incapable of doing anything a man can do.

Apparently me saying otherwise is only proving that I'm in " denial " about it.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:09 am

Bah, fools be what they are!

AFK Masturbating

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:31 am

This is from that site. It's just too funny to not share.

I had a friend who worked at the checkout counter of a grocery store in high school, around the time that they started making fat free mayonnaise. The store had a big display of the product in question, "Kraft Free Mayonnaise."

One night when my friend was working, a woman came up to her register with an entire cart full of mayonnaise...basically, the entire display shelf. My friend thought this was a little odd, but rang it all up anyways. When she gave the woman the total, the woman just stared at her and said, "I'm not paying that! These are FREE! It says so right on the bottle!" My friend tried to explain that the label on the product referred to the fact that the product was FAT free, not that it was being given away at no charge, but the woman wasn't having any of it. Finally, a manager had to be called over to handle the customer, who was practically foaming at the mouth. She finally left, without any mayonnaise. All of which begs the question, even if you're dumb enough to think that Kraft has created a product that they are just going to give away free all the time, and even if you missed all the publicity about what this product was, and even if you missed the price display on the shelf you took all the bottles from, what in the world is any one human being going to do with fifty jars of mayonnaise???
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:54 am

50 jars of mayonnaise? O_o

AFK Masturbating

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:01 am

The one about a 10-minute arguement over a penny was awesome. Let's see if I can find it again...

And here we go.

I have heard of people haggling over nothing, but this is ridiculous!!! I worked at McDonalds a couple of years ago, when McDonalds was famous for it's "Dollar Menu"; a selection of items that cost $1. One day, a customer ordered an item off of the menu. Tax in this state is 7%. $1 + 7% = $1.07 Simple, right? Well, this customer came through the drive thru and ordered a double cheeseburger off of the dollar menu. I gave her her total ($1.07) and asked her to pull forward. When she reached the window, she asked me to repeat the total, so I did. She then asked how it was $1.07. I told her it was $1, + 7% sales tax. She then said, "What the **** do you mean, $1?! It's 99 cents!!! It says so right on the ***** menu!!!!!" I calmly explained that it was actually $1, and that the menu was a dollar menu. She asked to speak to my boss, so I called over a supervisor, who explained the same thing and offered to show her the menu. The customer wanted to speak to yet another boss, so she got a swing manager. Same thing. Two assistant managers and a store manager later, the lady, still convinced she was right and having shouted herself hoarse, sped out of the drive thru, having argued for 10 minutes over 1 penny.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:42 am

*sighs and shakes head*

Sounds like that was more trouble than it was worth.

AFK Masturbating

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:00 am

Literally. lol

Now here's one that's pure BS.

I used to work in a library. We had a lot of customer problems. People seemed to assume that as they were getting books for free, they were also free to abuse us, swear at us, damage the goods, never pay fines and so-on Unfortunately, our management subscribed to the 'the customer is always right, whatever the situation' style of customer care.

One evening, ten minutes before we closed (on a day where we worked twelve hours and closed very late at night, so we were all exhausted), I was sitting at my desk, helping a customer. Another customer. lets call him Dave...joined the queue. We had a 'please wait here' sign set a little way back from the actual desk, so that waiting customers didn't hear what the customers at the desk were saying to us. (They usually had to tell us their address, or date of birth for verification, or sometimes had to work out repayment schemes for large fines they had run up. Obviously we treated this information confidentially). However, Dave didn't wait at the sign. He strolled right up and stood directly behind the customer I was serving, towering over her, and able to overhear every little thing we were saying to each other. He scowled at me as I continue to serve her, obviously annoyed that I didn't shove her aside and deal with him straight away.

My heart sank when I saw him, as I recognized him as a customer who was always difficult, and always, always came in ten minutes before we closed to yell at us about problems 'we' had caused (normally fines on his card), knowing we would want to leave on time (no overtime payments), and believing that we'd just wipe away his problems if it was close to closing time. However, I acknowledged him, to show I was aware he was there, and told him I would be just a moment. This wasn't good enough for Dave. He tutted loudly, and then called out to a friend of his across the library. (Remember this was a library! Although we don't have a strict silence rule, we do try to keep the noise down.). He called his friend over, and he and his friend proceeded to have a very loud conversation, at the top of their voices, still standing right behind my present customer. She was a little hard of hearing, and couldn't hear what I was saying over his talking. I have excellent hearing, and I couldn't hear myself! The security guard did ask him to keep the noise down. He scowled (it was his trademark) watched the guard leave, and then continued again.

The gist of Dave's story (and this is important for later) was his recent holiday to Japan. He exclaimed loudly about how much he had enjoyed every second. He told his friend he had gone to especial pains to learn Japanese, even taking out several books and dictionaries so he could understand the language. Everybody in the library heard how he had come back from Japan only that week. My customer left, and Dave turned to me. I was exhausted, worn out and apprehensive over what he would say this time (he usually had a very sarcastic, belittling attitude) , but I smiled sweetly, and asked how I could help him. He slapped down an overdue notice on the table "You've sent me this stupid letter saying I've got this book and I don't have it. You're trying to cheat me into paying for this book." "Which book is it?" I asked. "Japanese dictionary!." he shouted. "Why would I have a Japanese dictionary? I've never even been to Japan!"

I was so stunned I couldn't speak. The entire library had heard him say he'd been to Japan. They'd all heard him say he'd taken out Japanese dictionaries! And he knew I heard it too!! Not only was he blatantly telling me a bare-faced lie, but he was either assuming I was too stupid to realize he was lying or too spineless to point out I knew. I tried to speak, my customer services training battling with my desire to kick this annoying prig up the backside once and for all, when he said "I'm not talking to you about this. You're obviously useless. Get me the manager."

And this was what made it worse. The manager (who knew me fairly well, having worked with me for ten years) listened to me (in private) explain the situation. She'd even heard him talking about Japan. She knew I was right. Yet she went out there, sat down in front of the customer from hell, apologized for my behavior, told him she believed him, and took the book off his account! I think managers should realize that there are times when the customer is wrong..especially when the customer from Hell treats staff with such contempt. And that situation finally prompted me into resigning, and working in a totally customer-free environment!
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games