Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:22 pm

Ah, I see. Cale introduced the show to me when he got the dvd box set of the series.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:29 pm

Fox canceled Firefly close to eight years ago. I used to watch it on Friday nights at 8:00 pm. The only way I could describe it me pals was Young Guns meets Star Wars.

K-Blade

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:31 pm

Has it really been that long? I could have sworn that the show was newer than that.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:35 pm

Same here. O_O For some reason, I'd thought it was fairly recent.

Outlaw Star does tend to have that Western-y feel. It's been some time since I've seen it, though one thing that does stand out is some wacky battle in an asteroid field.

AFK Masturbating

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:38 pm

Just checked, it was 2002, still awhile but I was sure I was close to being in high school when it first came out. I hope I'm not the only one who caught a lot of similarities between Outlaw Star and Firefly. Girl in a box, people searching for her, wacky band of outlaws...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:49 pm

closer to 6 years ago. Crazy huh? I went thou a little sci-fi with drawl when it was taken off the air. Then like a year or two, latter I found it in box set at Sun coast movie store. Then a little later, I found Serenity the roll playing game book in my local gaming store. I had to buy another copy of the box set because all my pals wanted to see this sic-fi show that I was into and my first was being a little worn out. One good thing out of it was that after they watched it they went out and bought a copy for themselves

K-Blade

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:57 pm

It has a cult status at my college, with most of my friends having seen the show. One of them watched the entire series in a day. Stealing the common room of my dorm at 8 am and not leaving until he finished the show.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:02 pm

That was a great Show. It pissed me off when they cancelled it.

elvisnake2

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:01 pm

I love both of the shows. I've gotten through Outlaw Star a few times, but I haven't finished Firefly. I'm either going to get Cale to lend me it, or I probably just buy it myself.

"This is my favorite gun..."

Edit: And I always seem to miss everyone, during these discussions. I despise my job.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:37 pm

Weird shift, Ral?

And, is it just me, or is Gaia being rather laggish today? O_o

AFK Masturbating

elvisnake2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:57 pm

That announcement pissed me off... I had all four of those items that evolved... I just lost thousands of gold...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:02 pm

Again, that hacker deserves a spiked pole shoved up 'is bum! scream

AFK Masturbating

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:18 pm

I say we give a call to the man himself: Boba Fett.

Also, tell fett "Slow Disentegrations."
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:38 pm

Why call Fett? That costs money. I'll do this for free! Let me just go find Molly, she's good at castrations!

Johnny Malone
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:19 pm

No, the current shift just leaves me no time to stay up cause I have to get up so damn early. That and it's 10 hour days. The department that I'm transferring to is giving me the weird shift. I'm working 8 1/2 there, but it's more or less the graveyard shift.

Edit: On a different tandem, it has been entirely way to long since I played some sax music. Let's see if I can even do good enough to be considered playing the instrument, shall we?
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games