Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lloxie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:24 pm

I'd be extremely careful, Doomie, if I were you... <_< She may just be trying to trick you into staying until you've missed the flight. Then she'll drag you back somehow. Also, even if they did help, they'd still have some kind of lverage against you with you still living closeby, and with their help. So yeah... I'm inclined to say you should just turn her down and go with your original plan. Or, even better, not even say anything to her at all until you're out of there. >-> But do give it some thought. And let your mom know you appreciate the offer. *huggles Doomie tightly*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:01 pm
Well, my sister has lost more function in her legs. She's almost to the point of needing a wheelchair again. She can't stand without crutches. Either than that, life is good!  

Crenn

FogSage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:15 pm
DoomNeko
Crenn
Sounds interesting, I'd explore it, but be careful. I suspect something is up.

I do too, being such a sudden offer from her... which is why I haven't accepted it yet. Otherwise, it's quite much everything I need right now X_X

I smell conspiracy.

Firstly, you've worked too hard to turn back now. If you give in to your mother's offer, you're basically saying "okay, ******** living a good life, I want to go be a slave again" for a handful of furniture and some money to get you back on your feet? Jesus, Doomie, I'm dissapointed in you. Sure, the offer is tempting, but don't be decieved. Your parents are still what they were, which is jerks. They want to shackle you to them in ANY way possible. Don't trade your dream for the s**t they offer you. Go and make your own life, make your dreams come true and be happy for yourself. Please...... sad  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:22 pm
In other news, I worked closing today for the second consecutive day of the month. As stated before, its also the Labor Day weekend. I was on my feet all day and became highly irate at some of the people, who were bitching about the price of stuff (mainly fruit) and held up the line. I didn't say anything, just kept quiet while imagining all the nasty things I wish I could've done to them. Paper Sack Man made an appearance, and both sackers (me and Nick) had to leave the checkers to fend for themselves while we pampered this man. He's so particular that if you don't do what he says to the letter, you may as well hang up your apron and leave the store for good. Anyway......busy day, and I have to work tomorrow too. Jesus......they should pay me overtime to work the beginning of the month.......it's terrible.......... crying

My feet hurt, I hate everything......I'm going to bed...T.T  

FogSage

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:06 pm
DoomNeko
Well this is a turnaround.

It took me to get to 2 days from my flight for my mom to overhaul her whole stance on me and finally try to actually help me.

Now she's offering to pay the first months of an apartment, to cover any and all medication, to help me get groceries, find a job, get help for transition, let me keep the comp, ship off any furniture they don't need with me and all... as long as I stay within the area of Montreal.

I've been trying to get her to help me if not just for the FIRST thing on that list for years. Now she's come back with a whole slew of things, and I just don't know what to do.

I mean yeah, if I do take up her offer, it's gonna be a lot less hard to finally get a job and get on my own. No offense to Audi, but as much as I recognize that her and her friends have tried to help me, this just... completely blows it out of proportion.

i'm unsure of what to do, and the flight is on Monday.
...oi vei. I need to think on this.
VERY suspisous. I wouldn't trust it at all. neutral I'd go with plan A, because it sounds fishy, and from what i've heard, i'd want to get as far away as possable.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:32 pm
To all who think it may be a conspiracy on the mother's part to hold some control over Doomie, you also need to consider the legal parts of this and that Doomie has no obligation to keep in touch with her family in exchange for these things. Er...I'll just list the items I wanna go over because it's easier and I'm lazy.

1. In the US, at least, a gift is a gift. So if Doomie breaks off contact with her parents after accepting these things they have no legal recourse. Gifts aren't loans, that's why married couples who get divorced can't sue over who owns the ring when one clearly gave the ring to the other. However, just incase, Doomie should get that it writing that it is a gift, and nothing more.

2. One thing that needs to be stressed is that Doomie has no obligation to keep in contact in exchange for these goods. If her mother is truely trying to change (for whatever reason), then Doomie could keep in touch if she so chooses. However, she can just as easily block or something any kinds of attempts at establishing communication between her and her family if she feels that nothing is changing.

3. If this is all for free, and in the end she still "holds the power" over this, so to speak, then I'd recomend she take her mother up on the offer AFTER she moves in if at all possible. So in that way, she can settle in and have the items sent if she wants them.

Umm...that's all I got...Just trying to assess the risks, and yes, there are risks. However, if she can hold enough control over the situation then she has little if no risk or cost of accepting the offer...as long as the situation plays out that way. sweatdrop  

Garek Maxwell

Sonya Khatsworth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:05 pm
Garek's got the general idea here.

While my mom doesn't show me her love in the best ways possible, I'm to think it's what's behind this, ontop of my godfather talking her into giving me some space (haha, knew it. I called him earlier and found out).

But yes, if I keep control over the situation, she can't toter me around on a wire anymore.

I'm sorry to say, but the ticket's ripped. Well, the paper I had with the booking reference anyways. In other words, flight's cancelled. I know Audi and her friends had the best intentions to accept me over there, but my mother's offer is an opportunity I don't want to pass.

As Garek says, once I'm settled in and have all my stuff over, the only reason I need to stay in touch with my parents is if I want to. My mom seems intent on changing how she handles things in hopes of not having me turn my back to the family, so I'll give her a chance. My dad on the other hand has been keeping uninvolved as always.

Starting tomorrow I'm going to start looking up cheap apartments. One and a half roomer, no more. I don't need luxury. Hopefully find something in one of the cleaner, nicer neighborhoods.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:24 pm
*sighs* Well, if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes. I really hope you don't regret this decision......

But be warned......your mom might slip back into her old habits again and start urging you to move CLOSER to her and your father. If you'll forgive me for saying this, I liken your mother to a writhing octopus, trying to draw in everything she can for the sake of herself. She needs to learn the fact that she's not going to have any power over you in a couple years and that if you choose to sever ties with her and your dad then that's your business and not hers. But nor is it mine, so I'll shut up about it now.

Hope you'll be happy, Doomie. biggrin

I feel so heartless for saying that.....v.v  

FogSage

Af Mas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:01 pm
I did the nicest thing I've ever done in my entire life today. I mentioned earlier of the sort of windfall I got from selling those Magic cards. Well, I really couldn't think of anything I could use all that money for myself for...So I gave each of my 5 roommates $100 and kept the rest for myself  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:05 pm
DoomNeko
Garek's got the general idea here.

While my mom doesn't show me her love in the best ways possible, I'm to think it's what's behind this, ontop of my godfather talking her into giving me some space (haha, knew it. I called him earlier and found out).

But yes, if I keep control over the situation, she can't toter me around on a wire anymore.

I'm sorry to say, but the ticket's ripped. Well, the paper I had with the booking reference anyways. In other words, flight's cancelled. I know Audi and her friends had the best intentions to accept me over there, but my mother's offer is an opportunity I don't want to pass.

As Garek says, once I'm settled in and have all my stuff over, the only reason I need to stay in touch with my parents is if I want to. My mom seems intent on changing how she handles things in hopes of not having me turn my back to the family, so I'll give her a chance. My dad on the other hand has been keeping uninvolved as always.

Starting tomorrow I'm going to start looking up cheap apartments. One and a half roomer, no more. I don't need luxury. Hopefully find something in one of the cleaner, nicer neighborhoods.

I was rather excited to meet you, but there will probably be many other opportunities to meet in life. We were all rather excited, but I can say at least for me, I just want to see you happy like back when I first met you on the AFG and started talking to you, and I'm sure Audi thinks the same way.

Good luck with this, and just remember we're always willing to help where we can, and the invite here will still be valid should anything go wrong (and i pray not). I've known you for a few years now, i consider you a good friend, and I want the same for all my friends, just to be happy razz  

Vashyyk

VixNeko

OG Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:13 pm
Crenn

So this is where the doubt comes from. stare

@Doomie: Your mom went through the trouble of talking to mine. My mom had tears in her eyes when she hung up and Bruno was pacing. *rolls eyes* yeah, real suspicious. Anyway, do as you please, I said I was going to be supportive, doesn't mean I won't express my disagreement once in a while.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:38 pm
I love the college atmosphere and everything....but being highly introverted has serious downfalls.

I'm starting to get really really sick of being around so many people. I always get dragged out somewhere with a small group up to half of my hall... I just need to get away...

Since I can't get away from people for a few hours to have by myself, there's only about two people I'd like to spend time with. One is married and lives a few miles away and works a very busy schedule.... The other is usually out somewhere or working, and I only have his AIM so I can't just call him anytime to see what he's up too....

I had a chance to hang out with that second guy. He's a tiger with a really fun personality... We wouldn't have been entirely alone, because he lives with two roommates in an apartment just off campus. But I was going to go to his apartment to hang out for a while Thursday night, but I was too tired from work and had a 10am class on Friday. So we planned to hang out after the SOAP meeting and play some video games or watch a movie back at his place. Of course when we were leaving, everyone thought we were heading off to yiff. But just to be a good sport, he invited another person over who ended up accepting the offer.

The night was still great, played a couple games for about 5 hours or so.... But the guy he invited along was a hallmate of mine, so it wasn't quite the escape I needed.... I just needed to get away from everyone in my hall for a night...not even a night...just like 6 hours and spend some time with this guy I don't get to see very often.

Not to mention...my roommate's girlfriend is visiting... So now it's less privacy in my room than before.

If my hallmate hadn't gone to the apartment with me last night, I probably would have slept there on a futon to further my escape...but of course, everything in that sense went wrong. I still have no complaints about the night....I just need to get away.

It's really starting to affect me. I'm tired all throughout the day, and it's starting to get harder to concentrate on things. I was so lost at work today, and kept apologizing for just about everything I did...

Sometimes I really hate being introverted....

[ Grynn Wolf ]

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:49 pm
Af Mas
I did the nicest thing I've ever done in my entire life today. I mentioned earlier of the sort of windfall I got from selling those Magic cards. Well, I really couldn't think of anything I could use all that money for myself for...So I gave each of my 5 roommates $100 and kept the rest for myself
Affy I can't fault you for being nice, but wtf. That was suppose to be your money. It isn't like it was all for free either. You did buy the cards at one point. I don't see why you have to give others $100 to saticfy their jealously. XP  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:50 pm
Krissim Klaw
Af Mas
Affy I can't fault you for being nice, but wtf. That was suppose to be your money. It isn't like it was all for free either. You did buy the cards at one point. I don't see why you have to give others $100 to saticfy their jealously. XP

I justified it in my mind. And it wasn't because they were jealous. It was because they really did need it  

Af Mas

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:58 pm
BiNeko
Crenn
So this is where the doubt comes from. stare

Hey, Crenn was just being concerned. Doubts do not all spring up from him or from the people here. I'm sure Doomie had enough doubts about the situation on her own, and we all just want her to make the right choice and be happy. In any case, she said she's staying and we recognize her ability to think for herself.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games