Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nina Halford

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:00 am

G'd afternoon.

And, now that I see the reference, it makes sense. 3nodding
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:04 am

Well, nobody's completed the riddle so far, so I hope it wasn't too hard... But that's why there are two days to complete it. Thrawn needs lovin' too.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:11 pm

Good Afternoon all!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:47 pm

*sigh* I have bad news, good news, and bad news for me...Bad news is that I will be working all week, good news is that it's mostly 5-6 hour shifts with only two 9 hour shifts on Friday and Saturday, and bad news for me is that Sweeney Todd, Walk Hard, Charlie Wilson's War, and National Treasure 2 all come out this week.

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:25 pm

G'd afternoon!

Missing: be those movies that are coming to your theater? Anywho, don't work too hard.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:05 pm

Missing: Whenever you feel down about having to work just tell yourself your getting paid for it, hopefully that should help.

So am I the only person who thinks that this orphan thing is in bad taste?

Johnny Malone
Crew

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:31 pm

Johnny, you're not alone there. The execution of the idea could have been a bit better. But being o' a philantrophic bent, I feel compelled to do it anyway.

Though what really burns my toast is all the lag. ._. If it keeps up, I may log for a bit, and try the "caroling" a bit later. That's the real grip I have with this sort of thing.

Another annoyance I have with caroling/trick or treating is: what if I just want to shop? >_<
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:47 pm

Its a cute idea, though rather sickening simultaneously.

I already am a general in the Salvation Army! I need no more philantropy!

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:48 pm

Woo! Free Serf Children!
I needed some cheep manual labor! Once again, Gaia provides!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:52 pm

I have a major problem with taking such a serious issue as the poor and orphans and turning it into an event that forces people to go and buy stuff in Gaia's shops. The caroling thing I am fine with. I just wish they had put more forethought into this main event.

Johnny Malone
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:56 pm

I'll bet the Fandalorians of Gaia are having a blast. Mandos make a habit of recruiting war orphans into their ranks.

And I dont think the event is in bad taste.
Poor people taste like chicken.
And chicken is good. So someone pass me a slice of orphan and the salt.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:00 pm

The idea of paying for stuff to make the virtual children presentable to the adoption agency is what pisses me off. The adoption issue hits really close to home for me, and Gaia trivializing it really gets my goat.

Johnny Malone
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:02 pm

Dude, you're not an orphan.
You're what Orphan kids want to be. So ease up.
Though paying for stuff to care for the rats does seem somewhat stupid.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:07 pm

I'm not going ease up because they are trivializing important social issues! I am one of the lucky one's I admit and that's why I care so much about the adoption issue. Also the lag is contributing to my anger at the moment.

Johnny Malone
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:10 pm

That's something I always thought would help convince people to donate during the xmas season. Instead of volunteers, ask the local orphanages to help send out little tykes to ring bells.

May be harsh to the ear, but how could anyone turn down a cute girl ringing a bell for some cash?
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games