Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:15 am
Both.

I'd wanna try out being Death but only for a little while. I'm okay with dying and at least then I wouldn't be all a lone like Death is.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:03 pm
Become death, d'uh.
mrgreen

MarionetteOfShadows

Milendil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:50 pm
To become Death or to die? I choose to die. I am so sick of this world around me; I would not want to constantly keep contact with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:37 am
OverlordMMM
Angel Bruja
lurichan
Yay for sandman version of death. ^_^

Seriously I would rather be dead though. I would hate to have to end people's lives and see the look of disbelief, sorrow, anger, or fear displayed on their faces. It would kill me a bit too much inside each time to hear desperate pleas asking me to wait just a little longer.....

I agree that it would be hard being death, considering how sad it is. But I think death usually takes the soul away, which doesn't feel like the physical body does. Also, the one good thing about death is that it's equal. How one dies isn't what it equal though. It's that it doesn't matter who you are. Death judges people equally. That is why I would be death and respect it, somewhat, even though it's a sad and scary being.

.....but death cannot judge himself/herself......so who judges him?...

That's a good question. I don't think there is an actual answer.  

Angel Bruja

The_Super_Nintenho

Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:32 pm
Well, meeting death would be cool, but becoming death sounds hard, there would be too many people dying to keep track of... gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:58 pm
Angel Bruja
OverlordMMM
Angel Bruja
lurichan

Seriously I would rather be dead though. I would hate to have to end people's lives and see the look of disbelief, sorrow, anger, or fear displayed on their faces. It would kill me a bit too much inside each time to hear desperate pleas asking me to wait just a little longer.....

I agree that it would be hard being death, considering how sad it is. But I think death usually takes the soul away, which doesn't feel like the physical body does. Also, the one good thing about death is that it's equal. How one dies isn't what it equal though. It's that it doesn't matter who you are. Death judges people equally. That is why I would be death and respect it, somewhat, even though it's a sad and scary being.

Mankind would, as without mankind to believe in him, there is no personification of Death, as such, if we all deemed him to be killed, all we'd have to do is stop believing in death as a physical entity and more of what it truly is in my opinion, a metaphysical force with no persona.  

Rellik San
Crew

Elochai Sammael

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:35 pm
It depends, if I could be like the Biblical, Fourth Horseman kind of Death then hell yeah I'd be death. Otherwise, probably not Death.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:39 pm
Umberella
I'd rather be Death's grand daughter from Terry Pratchett books. She's nice and creepy like me.
HELL YES!!!!!!! I love Susan!! ^_^ (I just read Soul Music.)

I would want to be death, but I don't like how it happens. According to mythology people who commit suicide become an ankou/shinigami/death. I'm not willing to test that theory (and I am not suggesting that anybody else do it, it'd be stupid to try)

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Free the immortal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:05 am
i would choose death but if i could use the power of death to change the world in ways that are needed by death then i would choose to become  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:08 am
Rellik San
Angel Bruja
OverlordMMM
Angel Bruja
lurichan

Mankind would, as without mankind to believe in him, there is no personification of Death, as such, if we all deemed him to be killed, all we'd have to do is stop believing in death as a physical entity and more of what it truly is in my opinion, a metaphysical force with no persona.

Good one.  

Angel Bruja

Divinity Rage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:28 am
Lady Detarra
If I could be Death like in Dead Like Me then yes..yes I would become death.

Temp of the Damned.

I would do it as well, if I could hang with people like George and Rube when I'm Death.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:25 pm
Die because being on the earth while all my friends and family are gone would be very painfull.  

XxParalyzing_silencexX

OverlordMMM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:22 pm
Rellik San
Angel Bruja
OverlordMMM
Angel Bruja
lurichan

...ahh...but here is the contradiction....if it is a force with no persona, then it still cannot be judged....

....and who is to say that Death with a persona would be able to have judgement since he would always be biased...in that case he could only choose to kill those who are deemed ready to die......and even then that would not be killing them, but rather allowing their souls to pass onto another realm.......much like a guide.......

......death could not have any persona in order to function, otherwise chaos would ensue, as people would try to better the world, rule it, or pass judgement based on arbitrary issues, which they couldn't possibly know all the details........and if this was the case, Death must be a higher power in order to know all, so that they could judge fairly on who may pass......but that again contradicts common knowledge as to what if fair.......unless that higher power understands something we do not.....if that is the case Death would be all-seeing and all-knowing......and if he is all-knowing, and all-seeing, wouldn't he be able to do much more since he has such knowledge?.......this would make him a god......and despite all this, Death did not change our world into perfection.......and if he could not create perfection.......that would also mean he is imperfect.......and because of that his judgement is swayed....so he creates a world where Death exists, so that he may have something to do........then he would be biased against all and judge those because he can, and not out of all-knowing, all-seeing powers................

.......confusing isn't it....heh......lets keep this going....its interesting.....  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:09 am
OverlordMMM
Rellik San
Angel Bruja
OverlordMMM
Angel Bruja
lurichan

...ahh...but here is the contradiction....if it is a force with no persona, then it still cannot be judged....

....and who is to say that Death with a persona would be able to have judgement since he would always be biased...in that case he could only choose to kill those who are deemed ready to die......and even then that would not be killing them, but rather allowing their souls to pass onto another realm.......much like a guide.......

......death could not have any persona in order to function, otherwise chaos would ensue, as people would try to better the world, rule it, or pass judgement based on arbitrary issues, which they couldn't possibly know all the details........and if this was the case, Death must be a higher power in order to know all, so that they could judge fairly on who may pass......but that again contradicts common knowledge as to what if fair.......unless that higher power understands something we do not.....if that is the case Death would be all-seeing and all-knowing......and if he is all-knowing, and all-seeing, wouldn't he be able to do much more since he has such knowledge?.......this would make him a god......and despite all this, Death did not change our world into perfection.......and if he could not create perfection.......that would also mean he is imperfect.......and because of that his judgement is swayed....so he creates a world where Death exists, so that he may have something to do........then he would be biased against all and judge those because he can, and not out of all-knowing, all-seeing powers................

.......confusing isn't it....heh......lets keep this going....its interesting.....

Ahhh but now you neglecting tradition, death just reaps the souls, he is not a guide in death, merely the caretaker... as such he need not have knowledge of all past actions to carry out his duties, as such, is allowed a personification, as he is still a fallible person, albeit one dedicated to his job, this fact also absolves him of any higher knowledge, then that needed to complete his task. Also bare in mind typically, death, exists outside of normal space time, as does his operation, how he keeps track, of who will die and when is via the traditional hour glasses, that count down to the sands the time when each living thing shall die. Meaning the knowledge is given to him selectively by another power, perhaps one that is the regulator of non-standard space time, as death himself would have to be more powerful then a god, as he also is required to reap the dead gods, this implies the gods themselves answer to a higher power, with whom death is personified figure, or a direct force, but nevertheless still an all powerful entity who can blink out gods, but this entity is never mentioned in terms of most religious texts, questioning whether or not this more-then-divine entity could not truly hold sway over the mortal realm and normal time space, hence his need to have a universal figure... in this case death, who can move in and out of regular space time, and is a single universal constant not effected by unknown quantities or chaos as it is more commonly referred.

*breaths again*

Chew on that. smile

In laymen terms: Death is given his knowledge and power, by an unknown constant that is more powerful then the gods, but due to lack of mortal belief can not take action out of its own space time, so he provides death the appropriate knowledge for him to act on, as death is a universal constant, unaffected by change, then he is immune to unpredictable quantities, like for instance, the human will to survive, and is able to carry out his assigned task, without needing knowledge or power over those he takes, absolving Death of any and all responsibility.  

Rellik San
Crew

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:00 am
As_the_stars_all_fall15
Die because being on the earth while all my friends and family are gone would be very painfull.

Thats true  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces