Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
questions i have bout the guild Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:09 pm
element - many things are graded.

- How nice your thread is
- How active you are
- Your gym theme ((you could have things other than a certain type, like you could make a team centered around a weather move))
- Leader Strength ((how good a trainer they are))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:14 pm
nitnit
element - many things are graded.

- How nice your thread is
- How active you are
- Your gym theme ((you could have things other than a certain type, like you could make a team centered around a weather move))
- Leader Strength ((how good a trainer they are))
can we have certain pokemon we switch out of our team from time to time as a gym leader.

and u have a lot of gyms awaiting inspection.  

Element is my rp name

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:28 pm
All of them except for Ghost in the Shell's ((we both just aren't able to get on at the same time)) need to PM me, and ask for a time to inspect.

Regardless, I'm still debating that since when I battle the leader, I give him/her a diffaculty ranking of how strong that gym is, so if you switch them in and out, that could mess it up.

Also, after looking over the datas, all gyms except for fire and dragon are very easy to make single type gyms out of.

Fire is hard since the majority of fire types are only fire, and there's few subtype diversity

Dragon is hard because there's only 6 non legendary pokemon with dragon subtype ((only counting final evolutions))

I'll be keeping that in mind for future inspections ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:29 pm
Oh, also throw in Electric, since once again, that has few subtypes.  

nitnit
Captain

Element is my rp name

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:46 pm
nitnit
All of them except for Ghost in the Shell's ((we both just aren't able to get on at the same time)) need to PM me, and ask for a time to inspect.

Regardless, I'm still debating that since when I battle the leader, I give him/her a diffaculty ranking of how strong that gym is, so if you switch them in and out, that could mess it up.

Also, after looking over the datas, all gyms except for fire and dragon are very easy to make single type gyms out of.

Fire is hard since the majority of fire types are only fire, and there's few subtype diversity

Dragon is hard because there's only 6 non legendary pokemon with dragon subtype ((only counting final evolutions))

I'll be keeping that in mind for future inspections ninja

also like u said ur grading the leader on how strong they are, that being said most single type gyms have a single type or more weakness, fighting weakness physic, fire - water, water - electric, so on and so forth so the ability to have at maximum i think 2 types in a gym allows the gym leader to balance the weakness of their first choice. the gyms arent supose to be easy to beat they are supose to test a trainers knowledge and whit in a battle and in the heat of the moment therefore making the leader sure that the trainer who beats them is ready to go on to better things. a good trainer should always be ready for what ever comes their way, and having easy gyms to beat doesnt show people they are a good trainer it shows then that they just made it by the qualifications.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:49 pm
Sorry, but your post was... incorrect.

For example, if you wanted to do fighting like I said the above team would qualify for the 1 type ((all pokes share the fighting subtype)) and properly used, you cover all the weaknesses.

This is why I said only fire/electric/dragon gyms are hard, all the other types have tons of pokemon that can cover weaknesses.  

nitnit
Captain

Element is my rp name

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:54 pm
nitnit
Sorry, but your post was... incorrect.

For example, if you wanted to do fighting like I said the above team would qualify for the 1 type ((all pokes share the fighting subtype)) and properly used, you cover all the weaknesses.

This is why I said only fire/electric/dragon gyms are hard, all the other types have tons of pokemon that can cover weaknesses.
but like i also said " the gyms arent supose to be easy to beat they are supose to test a trainers knowledge and whit in a battle and in the heat of the moment therefore making the leader sure that the trainer who beats them is ready to go on to better things. a good trainer should always be ready for what ever comes their way, and having easy gyms to beat doesnt show people they are a good trainer it shows then that they just made it by the qualifications." which is harder? finding a team who can beat a ground type gym or one who can beat a ground/flying type gym  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:59 pm
Both should be equally hard.

The point of being a gym leader is being able to specialize in 1 type, and still pwn face.

I dare you to name a type other than Fire, Electric, and Dragon, and I can make a damn good team that used properly in above average or higher skill level hands can do really good.  

nitnit
Captain

Element is my rp name

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:01 pm
nitnit
Both should be equally hard.

The point of being a gym leader is being able to specialize in 1 type, and still pwn face.

I dare you to name a type other than Fire, Electric, and Dragon, and I can make a damn good team that used properly in above average or higher skill level hands can do really good.
only one type?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:14 pm
Yes...

You are aware that I'm saying that as long as all 6 pokemon in your team share the same subtype (for example, all are part water) then it works.  

nitnit
Captain

iOath

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:17 pm
Element is my rp name
nitnit
I do believe that Weavile is not fighting, nor is Drapion. If I made a fighting gym...

- Machamp (bred with the 3 elemental punches)
- Medicham
- Toxicroak
- Lucario
- Poliwrath
- Infernape

Also, Heracross is a strong possibility as well, maybe to replace medicham.
if u read above, i want to make a fighting/dark gym and even though i dont have wifi yet can i make the forum for my gym? and im still deciding on the pokemon ill use, oh can we have certain pokemon we switch out of our team from time to time or no.

Well Tashi made his gym thread and he doesn't have wifi.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:01 pm
nitnit
Yes...

You are aware that I'm saying that as long as all 6 pokemon in your team share the same subtype (for example, all are part water) then it works.
u already have a grass/water gym passed so can i do dark and fighting?  

Element is my rp name

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:35 pm
Need a banner dude?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:04 pm
I was gonna open a steel gym but I was gonna wait until after the september tourny and inerleague wi-fi battle starts... ninja  

Raijin36

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:17 am
I'm going to make a poison type gym once I finish my Donphan ninja  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items