Reply SCA Guild
AOA Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:10 pm
I just got my A.O.A sunday at Potrero after co-autocrating porter and working most the week. It was great cause I got called up by their exelencies for the serpents heart and my mom got all pissed because she thought I should be getting an A.O.A instead. My dad told her to just be patient then later their magesties called me up for the A.O.A xD Also, one of the ladies in our household was raised to Laurel and another one got an award for fighting and I can't remember what it was called.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:09 am
Mazal tov to everyone who's been recognized for their service, dedication, and to the social and material contributions they make to the Society. I lift a goblet of wine in your honor. cheese_whine  

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Spykeshawk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
I received my AOA Saturday at Great Northeastern War. A few months back my Don had taken away my dagger for misplacing it, and he was friends with the royal herald for court, and the herald was able to convince King Andreas to give me my dagger back while the scroll was being read. I didn't know whether to laugh or be incredibly embarrassed.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:28 am
I actually got my AoA at our William the Marshal event. I do live in Calontir, which means we have our AoA pre-print programme, but still, the scrolls end up amazingly gorgeous.

The funny thing is I was in Morning Court, and after the mesnies [this was a fighting event, and had all to do with your fighting group] had processed in, my name was called first. My mind, in about fifteen seconds, went through the following: "Hey, that name sounds familiar. They even pronounced it right...holy CRAP. That's me!" I looked over at my friend Ewen, told him he was in big trouble [Ewen was threatening award recs at me], and went down to kneel in front of Their Majesties. Her Majesty told me that it was hard to track me down (which is true. I don't do events often, nor do I really do stuff with a local group. I -am- my local group), and that I could be seen serving, doing work with the artisans, and being joyful and exuberant.

His Majesty handed me my scroll and made a comment about how distinctive my laugh is and nearly made me snort in Court. I wagged my finger at him for that.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:31 am
Congratulations, and that is a lovely piece of artwork that they made for you, pre-printed or not. Well done!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:09 pm
Divash
Congratulations, and that is a lovely piece of artwork that they made for you, pre-printed or not. Well done!

Thank you! The gentle who did my scroll was recently Laurelled (at Lilies!) for his work. He does muy fabuloso work, IMHO.

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:23 am
Dragostae
Divash

Thank you! The gentle who did my scroll was recently Laurelled (at Lilies!) for his work. He does muy fabuloso work, IMHO.

He REALLY does. If this sample is representative of his work, then he has really earned his Laurels -- let's just hope he doesn't rest on them. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:05 pm
Divash
He REALLY does. If this sample is representative of his work, then he has really earned his Laurels -- let's just hope he doesn't rest on them. wink

He hasn't, yet. In fact, we're having problems with him taking on a ton more scrolls, which means that some people haven't had a chance to take on a GoA or higher scroll yet. Then again, he is the royal scribe this reign, too. *shrug*

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Runa Whynd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:26 am
That's really lovely Dragostea. I'm trying to get into some of the illumination stuff here in Midrealm and it's harder than it looks.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:20 pm
That I'll vouch for. Illumination is awesome to do (I'm learning, myself), but I really want to get more into iconography. biggrin Now -that- looks like fun.  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:59 pm
My household lost my scroll before I could really get a good look at it T___T  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:04 pm
MorganOfCalafia

O.o Poor thing. That sucks.  

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:47 am
Alan the Great
MorganOfCalafia

O.o Poor thing. That sucks.

I found it! ^^ It's a charter or promissory or whatever depending on where you're from since I don't have a name or device passed but it's still purty.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff