Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:09 am
TheNutcrackerPrince
Krypta9
I agree...if people are hateful they could at least admit to it. Or if you're going to lie, stick to one story. That's less annoying than not being able to decide.

I'm tolerant of pretty much everyone...except people who pretend to be what they're not and people who get in your face about what you are.

But how do you know if someone is pretending to be something?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:23 am
I really don't think goths are any more accepting than anyone else. most of us were outcasts, and so we have made our own little prestigeous clique to make ourselves feel better.

I dislike everyone initially. Soley for the reason that they are human. You, reading this: I don't like you! I have no reason to. You have not proven yourself to me. And you don't really need to either. We can go on living perfectly happy separate existances, never talking to one another.

However...I will always treat everyone with respect until they give me reason not to. I generally have more respect for goths than I do for most other people for ending their attempts to fit in, but many a goth has failed me, and lost my respect.  

Alice_K8

Satan on Speed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:08 am
I admit, I used to be like that in 6-7th grade, but I grew out of it. I try to keep a sort of "to each their own" state of mind. I may despise some of these things, but if some people like them, they can do what they want. Well, as long as they don't try to involve me. I guess i'm one of those "Do what you want, just keep it away from me" people. Anywho, I openely admit that I can be very intollerant of many things and people. Most of the time I have more respect for the dead than the living. I will jump and make a maze to walk in in a graveyard to avoid stepping on graves, but I will shove someone out of my way or yell for them to move (Normally it's girls grouped up in the hall gossiping) in a school hallway in a second.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:01 pm
EmperorBeld
Ayame_Rikimayu
EmperorBeld
GilAskan
Irony is loosely appropriate, but either way, the word used doesn't change the nature of the discussion, which all of us can easily infer from the first post.

Yes, I hate this hypocrisy.

Just recently, I was on MySpace and ran across a chain-letter. It was a "Hot Topic versus Hollister" chain (let's ignore the "Is Hot Topic actually goth?" question for now, this is just an example), in which you copy the list of previous signers, and add your name to one side or the other along with a comment.

The majority of the responses under the Hollister side? "I like Hollister because I like the clothes".

The majority of the responses under the Hot Topic side? "HOLLISTER ******** SUCKS. ALL PREPS DESERVE TO DIE. HOT TOPIC FOREVER."

This sort of thing is marking a major trend I've seen for a while now- a certain elitism amongst young, immature goths. While the goth culture has always been associated with a certain air of arrogance, the newest wave of young Hot Topic-weaned baby-bats seems heavily hostile to all outside their immediate interest. Maybe it's only a temporary trend; maybe it's driven by the goth culture itself, or perhaps by pressure within the media or by other subcultures. Who knows?

No matter the cause, the hostility is casting goth in the violent light it's fought so hard to escape post-Columbine.

I believe in the ideal of Equivalent Exchange-but on a more complex level.
if these younglings are hostile for no reason, than there is no exchange>however if they were wronged, then I believe they deserve to fight but only as much as they have been faught.

Also it depends on the number in the group, be it one or 100-what is given it must be equal to what is received less they have loose morals/standards.

yea, i can understand what you are saying, but still with that kind of elitism it makes us just as bad as them.

...so, saying what i would do makes me an elitist?
or did my message hint at something i didn't aim to say(?)

well, its like Ghandi said:
"an eye for an eye and soon the whole world will go blind."
i mean, no offense, but i personally know some people who have the same kind of idea that you do. they think that, whenever they get teased or hurt by some other group -preps for an example- that they think its their right to get revenge. which i'm not saying is a bad thing, but when ONE person hurts them, they decide to get back at the whole GROUP, which is totally pointless because only one person hurt them. i wasn't going all by what you were saying, but i know some people who go by the same standard that you do, but to a different extent. and then they think that its their RIGHT because preps are below them, which i think is stupid. its not that i like them, for i got a thing with every one in my school, but just cause they are a prep and i'm not should not be a reason to get revenge. however, some people i know use that as their motive. like i said, that kind of elitism makes us as bad as them.
i hope what i said wasn't taken out of context.

Ayame_Rikimayu

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces