Submit

Alex Jace

Distinct Hunter

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:49 pm
To me it's not a paranoia thing, actually, it's just that one of my friends is a very prudent and harshly judgemental person who quite often takes any thoughts and/or opinions he hears and treats them as irrefutable fact, and sticks to it... it pisses me off and poses a problem with telling him i'm a furry, since he'll probably think of "THAT" episode of C.S.I. and think i'm some filthy furv...

God i do hate "THAT" episode of C.S.I. so much i just, i...*screams*  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:47 pm
Furry_Fox_x3
God i do hate "THAT" episode of C.S.I. so much i just, i...*screams*

You know that wasn't the first episode to show furries in a negative light, right?

Aside from the more recent American Dad episode, there have been shows that mentioned them before.
ER comes to mind. ER was a little more true to the fandom in some ways though, as they had one guy who was considerably normal and another guy who was ...insane...to some degree... Not literally, just so out of touch with reality. Anyway, if I recall correctly (and it's been years) the "crazy fur" bit the "normal fur" in a scuffle and he needed stitches and probably shots. While Dr. Weaver worked on his hand, he explained why he was in the fandom...or why he dressed up as a big animal. If I recall, he said things like feeling he can be more relaxed in the suit (maybe more himself? I forgot), and that he can entertain children now and then too at birthday parties... I think. This has been a while, but his reasoning was quite normal.

...Then Dr. Weaver couldn't find a puppet and later found it with the "crazy fur", utilizing it for sexual gratification....in a public hospital with the door unlocked... It was pretty funny though, I remember Dr. Weaver saying "Mr. Whiskers!" with a shocked look on her face. xd I assume that was the known name for the fursuiter. razz

So yeah, CSI is nothing new. Sensationalism sells, so don't expect that to change. I'm sure plenty of gamers love how TV often depicts people who play games as violent, immature, geeks who can't get any, never go outside, and/or crazy people. Generally speaking, it wasn't until very recently that gamers have had more positive representations in the television media.  

Garek Maxwell

Alex Jace

Distinct Hunter

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:33 am
~_~ *sigh* yeah whatever, i guess being on the path of enlightenment should have taught me to accept things, i just wish i wouldn't be judged for being a furry...  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:39 am
I got a good giggle from that scene in American Dad. xd  

Selene Aries

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:04 am
Yea, I'm almost ashamed to say that scene had me floored.

If anyone doesn't know the scene, it was with Stan and Picard-Boss going to various parties, and one of the ones they end up at is a fur party, and both of them are wearing fursuits.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:54 am
The media seeks the drama.

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:52 am
I don't care what negative things are said about the things I like. I'm not going to get wrapped up in it. If they don't like it then that's THEIR Problem not mine.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:38 am
true, true...

*sigh* and some say that the fandom is a massive drama storm, the media is a "Day After Tomorrow" drama superstorm XD  

Alex Jace

Distinct Hunter

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers