Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:06 pm
Metaplot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:08 pm
Aftermath?

A distraught Mocha sat outside Eri's door, listening to her cry. He felt guilt-ridden. He had trusted that Daichi would be back 'in a few days' like that woman had said. But it had been over 2 months. He sighed, and quietly wished he had never trusted Daichi to make his decision. But he had only been concerned of the boy’s health. What if there really was something wrong with him? If Mocha had been truly brave, he might have even gone with him, despite the other dimension not being able to support him like Strae had warned. He might have dissolved to nothingness, but if he didn't....at least he could have been their for his friend. He was furious at the Baron.

Baron Julian von Geist or so the man had called himself. He hadn't been around THAT long, but long enough to make an impact on Eri. The two had become very close during his time there. And now, Baron had the nerve to treat everyone like they were worthless, and that he didn't care. Mocha didn't care if it was 'ghosts' or whatever possessing him. Or if it really was just a personality disorder. This time they had gone too far.

"He should be in there comforting her right now," Mocha growled, flicking his raccoon tail back and forth irritably. The lantern spirit didn't realize it, but perhaps his reactions to Daichi's vanishing were not only due to the loss of his closest 'tomodachi', but because he was jealous of Baron and Eri. Why would Eri even wanna be with 'a guy like that'? he asked himself. He should be right here, right now doing what he's SUPPOSED to be doing; filling his role as a supportive partner!

Fed up, Mocha rose from his seat on the floor and 'stomped' as best as a ghost could, down the hallway. Where was Baron? Mocha stormed about, using his psychic-like abilities to trash the dolls, most unfinished, that Baron had left strewn about the house. The cracked, and shattered, and it rose such a ruckus, it was amazing that Eri hadn't come to investigate the matter. But she probably wasn't interested. She was too busy mourning over the disappearance of the boy that he become like her own child.

Finally he heard it. A voice so familiar. Mocha's ears flicked in the direction of one of the empty rooms on the top floor. It was hardly audible, and sounded more like groaning, or someone in agony, rather than actual 'words'. But it was still familiar. It had to be the Baron. What was wrong? Angrily, Mocha attempted to open the door. But it was locked. This was no time to be polite though. Instead of knocking, or beating against the door, the ghost simply went through it. On the other side, his eyes fell across a shocking surprise.

Baron lay on the floor. His right leg next to him, broken like the many bisque dolls that Mocha had destroyed on his way in here. There was no blood, nothing. Just an empty shell. Upon closer inspection, Mocha noticed that Baron's hands had shattered, most likely from the fall. He surmised that the broken leg, had lead to a painful trip, sending the Baron to the floor, and now he was just lying there in torture.

When Baron finally noticed someone was in the room with him, his stare shot up to meet Mocha's. "What are you doing in here?" he growled in a low voice.

"I came to find out why you weren't helping Eri! Why you didn't care at all whether Daichi left or not! Why-why you're a total jerk, and don't deserve everything you have here!" Mocha retorted, a tear beginning to run down his cheek. Without even thinking, the lantern spirit kicked Baron; sending his body flying across the room. A loud 'crack' with the initial impact from Mocha's foot. Another 'crack' when the older man hit the wall. The familiar 'cracks' that Mocha had heard moments earlier. In all Mocha's emotional turmoil, he didn't even need to focus when he made himself tangible enough to the damage he had done.

Baron's crumpled body, leaned sideways as something like a black cloud began to pour from his broken torso. It finally began to dawn on Mocha. Baron's obssession with dolls, why he was always making them. "Baron, You! You're-" he stammered. Trying to make sense of it.

"...a doll," Baron finished, hissing in disdain. "And don't call me that!"

"Why not? It's what everyone else calls you, isn't it?" Mocha retorted.

"I don't have much time left here. And I'll be damned if I die being known as that idiot Baron Julian von Geist."

"Then you're not?" Mocha's eyes widened in confusion.

"It's Malice. Or Touya Thorn rather. But I don't go by that name anymore. Simply.... Malice...." he heaved. "I followed that stupid boy Daichi from the world he was once in. "The offspring of the man who ruined what would have been my perfect life. I had hoped to be able to see him finished off in this world before I vanished. But alas that won't happen. Damn it all! It was all for nothing."

"You disgust me!" Mocha shouted, growing even more upset, at what this 'Malice' had said. "How did you follow Daichi-kun?! You're just some doll! Daichi couldn't have done anything to you. He's just a child! He was only an infant when he came here!"

"But he wasn't before! Just as I WASN'T a doll! I only used this piece of junk as a vessel to hold me over after coming here. It's beyond me why Daichi doesn't decay as I have! He should have. I attached my spirit, my soul, to him momentarily; enough time to bring me here with him. He didn't even have a clue, being just a baby. It was so convenient. I thought maybe I had a chance. And what luck to find a doll like this one. It even resembles my x-friend Baron. So I thought I'd play a little game. I'd pretend to be the person I most hated. A possessed exorcist, loved by many for his 'good deeds' and 'helpfulness'. I'd get Eri's loving trust, and regain entry into this home where the door had briefly been opened between my world and yours. And take you all by surprise. I’m good…at playing pretend-" he coughed the last part, choking out the last few words. But he still had a sinister smile on his face..

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:10 pm
Aftermath Cont.

Mocha's heartbeat was so loud, the drumming echoed in his head. He didn't know what to do with himself. It was all too much. He had suspected this lowly man of bad intentions before. But he had forced himself to push that aside for Eri's sake and happiness. That could very well have been the biggest mistake of his life.

Suddenly footsteps could be heard, running down the hall. Eri's voice came from behind the door along with Ledgem's, demanding that it be opened. Had Ledgem been there all this time listening? Mocha hadn't seen the little stuffed bunny-thing since Eri had come home.

It was true. Ledgem had gone off by himself to contemplate the recent happenings. He was hiding out somewhere in the vast emptiness of Nightshade. He HAD heard Mocha's earlier commotion and followed. After hearing enough of what Malice had said, he knew what he must do. Eri had to know the truth. She would have to except it, from the man who had lied to her from the very beginning. Finding out from someone else would be un-wise. She could very well choose not to believe them, and live the rest of her life crying over the loss of both her child, and the man she thought she loved, and was in fact nothing more than a fake and not worth tearing herself apart over.

Mocha stood stark still, unsure of what his next move should be. Should he open the door? Eri had a right to see, but would it be too much for her.

“Let me in!” Eri hollered. It sounded as though she were throwing herself up against the door now. She’d hurt herself if she kept this up. Mocha quickly let her in. “How dare you-” she started, before she got a good look at Malice. “All this time…..you lied to me….” she trailed off. The scene was horrific. Half of her wanted to believe that this was all a bad dream, and go forward and embrace ‘Baron’. But it wasn’t. She couldn’t just wake up, and have it all be over with. This nightmare was real. It took a lot out of her, but she kept her head held high, though tears streamed down her face. She wouldn’t hug him, hold him, or think of him as a friend anymore. She couldn’t. She just….couldn’t. He, Baron, no Malice, she reminded herself, had wanted to harm her baby!

“So your little informant went to fetch you?” Malice questioned, eyeing Ledgem who was floating behind Eri.

Ledgem scowled.

“Then you’re here to learn the truth, eh?” Malice smirked. “Well, yes. I’m not who you thought I was. This portion of your life AND mine was a waste. “This body would only work for me temporarily. No one was meant to cross into different worlds. At least not normal people like ourselves.”

“Don’t compare me to you. I don’t care what it’s regarding. I’m nothing like you. None of us are like you,” Eri fumed.

“Fine. Maybe not in that respect…….” Malice was silent a moment. “It’s too bad, our conversation can’t last any longer though. We just got started here… But my time is up. And I didn’t even get to witness Daichi’s demise. And to think it could be at the hands of someone other than me. But at least there’s the small chance…it will happen at all.” He let out a laugh as the rest of the smoke barreled out of him into one billowy cumulus. I final laugh, an evil laugh, could be heard as the terrible presence vanished. All traces of Malice had disappeared, except for the corroding body of a doll on the floor.

Eri fell to her knees and wept. Her heart had broken to pieces. Ledgem and Mocha watched in the background, glancing at each other as if deciding what should be done.

The family pet, the little black cat Jinx peered in the doorway, un-noticed by the others. All the while he was watching, silently from the shadows. Being able to get to small places that others couldn’t, especially with all the nooks and crannies, and hidden passages that only he could fit through had its uses. His gold eyes flickered once before he took one final look and trotted away. Something has to happen now. We have to find Daichi. He can’t be gone for good…..and then we must find… what exactly these Illusionary are.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:45 pm
Journal Entry 5 Putting the Pieces of a Broken Heart back together? Is That Possible?

Eri's Journal

Dear Journal, *tear marks blot the page*

-working on-

I feel as though I've lost everything. My child, my partner. Two of the most important people in the world to me. Or at least one of them was. If I had known what I know now, I never would have let Malice into my life. A person with such evil intent...I cannot even begin to describe.

Sincerely,
Ms. Eri Nightshade

and this will be followed by Daichi's reappearance...  

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

Diaries

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas