Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Journals [OOC]
[J] Maybe I'm a Lion - Sheepsie's SoAs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:30 am

User Image
User Image
Noch'yu v pole zvezd blagodat'
V pole nikogo ne vidat'
Tol'ko my s konem po polyu idem
Tol'ko my s konem po polyu idem

Name: Xbalanque (schpah-len-kay)
Meaning: One of the Hero Twins
Father: Dispersed
Mother: Dispersed
Siblings: None he knows
Offspring: None

Pride: Rogue
Position in Pride: None
Personality: Xbalanque is the epitome of calm. He's rational, calm, and doesn't let things get under his skin very easily. Troubles can be brushed aside easily, not to mention ignoring those he doesn't want to talk to always managed to irritate them more than any retort. He doesn't retaliate right away, but he reminds the troublesome creatures of one thing: he'll remember it. The lion had an incredible memory of what is done to both himself and his loved ones, and he makes a habit of "repaying what is due". Xbalanque, however, is not as blatant about it as the louder males. He's quite content to wait until the troublemaker has let his guard down before getting him back for whatever was done. Often times, it takes the troublemaker time to realize that Xbalanque had gotten them back, simply because he sits and plans it out. He's more intelligent than he lets off, and many have learned not to underestimate him.

Being the eldest and only child of an advisor, Xbalanque is level-headed, calm in a crisis and well trained in both mind and body to deal with conflict. He sees his main purpose in life as to make sure that those close to him don't do anything foolish, especially not when they're in a position of power. He's never been one to lead or to try and convince those with power, but he does exert his influence from the sidelines. Xbalanque doesn't take the spotlight; he doesn't need to. He knows what he can do, and is quite happy just to do it. The less those who he helps know about what he does, the better. The lion can be surprisingly passionate about somethings, however, and singing is one of them. He has quite a nice voice, and loves nothing more than singing about things that matter to him, or things that have inspired him. Most of the time he sings about his homeland, and how beautiful it was.

Image Song: Kon' - Lube

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:31 am

User Image
* denotes finished RP

Dancing with the Dawn - [Jumuu] Link *
Way out Wahdj - [Tesni] Link

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:13 am

User Image

User Image
Move and show me what you can do
When you step into the circle and shake like we do
Move when you just can't take it
And move if you just feel like breaking it

Name: Jun
Meaning: Truth
Father: Rogue
Mother: Rogue (Sen)
Siblings: Unknown (Mei, Chyou, Balun)

Pride: Nchi'mahadhi
Position in Pride: Umsini
Personality: One of Sen's daughters, though she'll likely never know it. Jun will be told she's the daughter of two dead rogues and given to a lioness named Nsundu in exchange for her daughter. A straightforward and 'call it as I see it' young lioness, Jun is most notable for her sense of purpose. She always feels like she needs to be doing things, solving mysteries or figuring out how things work. With a very active mind and a restless urge to explore new things and ideas, Jun often finds working with others to be troublesome, seeing as most of the time they don't have the same drive that she does. She is incredibly choosy about her allies, and thus doesn't have very many of them. But that suits her just fine. This little lioness would rather be alone if it means that she can do what she wants and not have to worry about interruption. However, sometimes even Jun needs a little companionship. Living all alone isn't a very productive thing, and with intelligence like his, she recognized this long ago. Thus, she does her best to be at least somewhat amiable, even when people bore her to tears.

With her incredible drive comes a highly creative mind, something that Jun enjoys putting to the test. She loves being challenged, seeing as it forces her to think outside the box even more than she already does. With an artistic flare, the Nchi'mahadhi pride allows for Jun to exercise her creativity and get the recognition she feels she deserves for it. A little time in the spotlight never hurt anyone, and if no one else is hogging it then why shouldn't she get her spot? The little lioness has a bit of a competitive streak, but while she dislikes being constantly bested she dislikes restrictions even more. Obstacles to her progress or restrictions on her freedom cause her to become frustrated and resentful very quickly, and Jun is liable to bite first and ask questions later. All things aside, Jun has a very strong character and will stand up for those who she considers her allies. She will be on your side until death, no matter what the odds.

Image Song: Thousand Foot Krutch - Move

Stages:

User Image User Image User Image User Image
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:17 am

User Image
* denotes finished RP

The Payoff of This Alliance - [Nsundu + Kitambi] Link *
Usimuamshe alie lala - [Self-RP] Link *
Happy Little Beat - [Vinca] Link *
Black and white and brown all over - [Nsundu] Link *
I don't think we've met - [Kani'noe] Link *
Fine Feathered Friend - [Kavu] Link

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:05 pm

User Image

User Image
Well somebody told me
You had a boyfriend
Who looked like a girlfriend
That I had in February of last year

Name: Thibiti
Meaning: be honest
Father: Jin'Yue
Mother: Harimuangu'Mlinda
Siblings: Baojia, Li Tetsu, Nishan, Xundao, Yahya'Jela

Pride: Mtaishi'Miele
Position in Pride: Binamu'Rankhere
Personality: There is not much to say about Thibiti – known to friends and family as Bitty – that would be interesting to the reader. He was born to a very large family, with many brothers and sisters to keep him occupied. His mother wasn't particularly attentive, nor did she allow any sort of mama's boy behaviour from any of her sons. His father was around, generally being bossed around by his sister. If he needed anything he could have always asked Hasana, who was practically the mother of everyone else in the pride. In short, his life was neither eventful nor very interesting.

As a cub he did what most kids do, spending his time playing and exploring the lands. But as he got older this interesting began to wane and a new interest in girls began making itself known. Like every teenage boy, girls became something to stare at and fawn over whenever he got the chance. That was, however, not very often, and thus Bitty's knowledge of girls and girly things is very limited. He had the opportunity to change this, as the other things in his life, but Bitty is not a lion of great drive. He has no real goals in life other than to be comfortable and not bothered, and shows no sign of becoming a mature, responsible adult. If this changes, we'll be sure to let you know (though the future is looking rather dim).

Image Song: Somebody Told Me - The Killers

Stages:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:07 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

Nose to the Ground - [Xundao] Link *
Saving Nishan - [Nishan + Mwokoti] Link *
Game: Break Up or Pay Up - [So + Shwari + Nishan] Link *

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:14 pm

User Image

User Image
For questions unanswered I just don't see everything
Yes I'm inside you
Tell me how does it feel to feel like this
Just like I do
I don't care about anyone else but me

Name: Ithambo'funda
Meaning: to crunch or crush bone
Father: Unknown
Mother: Unknown
Siblings: Unknown
Offspring: Lawahka

Personality: Thambo is… well, lots of things but nice isn't one of them. Frequently grouchy and snide, he goes to great lengths to push others away to make sure that he has his own personal bubble where he can enjoy his greatness. He dislikes being told what to do, and gets especially snarly when people feel they have the right to try and push him around. Confrontation is a Good Thing, and should be treated as such. This hyena never backs down from a potential verbal fight, especially if it means giving his most hated rival a verbal thrashing. He's not too keen on the physical fighting bit, especially since he seems to have many enemies larger than him, but he is never one to stop and think about what kind of rude or snarky comments come from his mouth. Thambo has what he likes to call a natural talent for sarcasm, and as rewarding as it is, it has put him in some rather nasty situations. Even with those who he appears to like (and by like we mean tolerate) he still lapses into sarcastic insults whenever he feels like he's being challenged.

And to make matters worse, not only is Thambo confrontational, he's also very controlling. He likes to be in charge. He refuses to settle for less than the best, and most certainly won't settle for second place. No, Thambo is a born devotee, dedicated to being the best advisor below his mistress Xibalba. The day he steps down and forfeits his position of power to someone that he believes doesn't deserve it is the day hell will freeze over. He has a very dominating nature, and thus he is extremely competitive. He's also not the type to hide his emotions. If he feels a certain way, then he's going to voice his feelings. If Thambo has something to say, he'll say it, regardless of how controversial or opinionated it is. He is extremely certain of himself, especially when it comes to his opinions. According to him, he is always right. It is because of this that he's not very open to the views of others, not is his responsive to their desires or needs. Pretty much, if you want Thambo to do something for you, you have to smack him across the face with it and make him do it. Direct almost to the point of being abrasive, cocky and in your face, this hyena is hell to be around. Only Nanako seems to put up with him.

Image Song: Drowning Pool - Tear
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:17 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP
+ denotes RP used for breeding

The Brains and the Nose - [Nanako] Link +
A Little Confrontation - [Dubwana] Link *
The Mistress and Her Boy - [Xibalba] Link +
Sharp Eyes, Sharp Claws - [Farai + Xibalba] Link *
Something in the Air - [Utesaji] Link +
Not Sulking - [Chipo] Link +
Another hyena? - [Talutah] Link *
The More I Hear the More I Ignore - [Nanako] Link +

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:09 pm

User Image

User Image
Now listen up you've got a lot to learn,
And if you don't learn, you don't eat.
But if you're tough and always use your head,
You'll be right at home on the street

Name: Nanako
Meaning: No meaning
Father: Unknown
Mother: Unknown
Siblings: None
Offspring: Lawahka

Personality: Thambo's strange and unlikely companion, Nanako is one oddball of a hyena. She lived a very simple life growing up, and thus tends to only think about her physical needs. Are they walking into a land owned by lions? Eh, who cares? Are they not going to be able to hunt today because it's too dark? Now she's listening. Food has become this hyena's number one priority in life, and that's basically all she ever thinks about. Heck, she's happy to talk about it as well, and will natter for hours about the wonderful things in this world that she's tasted. Even with her adoration of food, she loves sharing it with others, and doesn’t seem to mind letting others of any species eat alongside her. So long as they're willing to put up with her near-endless chatter then they're welcome to stay and eat with her.

Though she often comes off as being incredibly stupid (at the very least), her wisdom is of a different sort. Most of her sayings come from her mother, who was very in tune with the world around her. Nanako has inherited some of this, and is thus very empathetic with those around her. She never has any trouble complimenting or boosting confidence, and most certainly will never shy away from offering to back up a friend. This hyena's almost always willing to do whatever it takes to make people feel relaxed and at home around her. On the downside, Nanako rarely takes anything seriously (except food) and has a hard time understanding why other creatures worry so much. After all, life is short, so why waste it worrying? Bluntly honest, playful, and all together a funny creature, Nanako will always have your back and make sure you have a meal.

Image Song: Oliver and Company - Streets of Gold

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:11 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP
+ denotes RP used for breeding

The Brains and the Nose - [Thambo] Link +
Wine and Dine - [Esther] Link +
A Hyena Meet-up - [Talutah] Link +
Talkative? Not so much - [Ahsante] Link +
Lovely Day, no? - [Sauda] Link *
The More I Hear the More I Ignore - [Thambo] Link +
Pay Close Attention - [Farai + Lawahka] Link *
Finally, I Meet The Famous - [Chipo + Lawahka] Link *

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:17 pm

User Image

User Image

Cause you gotta be bigger, be faster, be stronger
If your gonna survive any longer
In this lifetime, it better be the right time
The first time might be your last time
Am I a failure if I got nothing to lose
No, I'm not a failure, I got something to prove

Name: Lawahka
Meaning: no fear
Father: Ithambo'funda
Mother: Nanako
Siblings: None

Personality: As the daughter of Nanako and Thambo, one could expect Lawahka to be a bit strange. So far, she hasn't demonstrated any really bizarre traits, but there's still time. While Nanako spent her childhood goofing around with her parents and other pups her age, Lawahka has spent it shadowing her father in an attempt to gain his trust. Always pushing herself to be better than any of the other spies that work for Xibalba, this young hyena has a goal in mind and will do anything to achieve it. She does not share her mother's obsession with food; however she does have an obsession for reaching her goal. Her father's acknowledgement of her skills means the most to her, seconded only by her mother's affection. That is not to say she distains her mother, she is just much easier to please. After her parents, it is Lawahka who is in charge of the spy network, and thus she can often come off as quite the bully. She doesn't take lightly to having her authority challenged, though she is quite happy to team up with others in order to make sure she is respected as the "next in line" so to speak.

Independent and self-confident, she has no problems with how she looks, seems to feel she has a certain individuality. She looks like both her parents equally, however she has her own twist. Extremely stubborn when dealing with individuals other than her parents, Lawahka not inclined to merge her opinions and viewpoints with others. She thinks what she thinks, and nothing anyone can do will change that. She is known to dig in her heels at any moment, not budging when she feels strongly about an issue or she doesn't want to change his opinion. Most have just learned to deal with these sudden herdbeast-like moments, or just avoid trying to get themselves into such a position. However, while all this may make Lawahka seem like a rather rash and unkind character, she seems to put it to good use. Her loudness is often used to stick up for herself or those she trusts to prevent them from being walked upon. She's a tough kid, regardless of her current size.

Image Song: Not Listening - Papa Roach

Stages:

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

Pay Close Attention - [Farai + Lawahka] Link *
Finally, I Meet The Famous - [Chipo + Nanako] Link *

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:11 am

User Image

User Image

If there's a way to infiltrate you
Sway your mind and complicate you
I'm gonna crash into your world
And that's no lie

Name: Vinjari
Meaning: to keep watch
Father: Utesaji
Mother: Nzinga
Siblings: Ushindi, Ithemba, Tanasi

Position in Pride: -
Personality: Above all else, Vinjari is an incredibly motivated individual. When he sees something he wants, he does everything in his power and more to get. There is nothing worse to him than giving up halfway, or when the going gets tough. The end will justify the means. That's his philosophy. He sees everyone who gives up as "quitters", and all those who leave when the going gets tough as "cowards", and he would rather die than become either of them. He has an intense desire to achieve his goals, and will not stop until he has obtained them. The standards that he sets for himself are very high, and he sets the same standards for those around him. If you cannot live up to his standards then you aren't worth speaking to. He hates people who try and get in his way, especially the kind that will tell him he "can't do it" or "it's not worth it." To him, it's important, and that's all that's important. He's ambitious with high ideals, and he knows it. It's because of this that he's so intelligence.

Vinjari is extremely intelligent, often even more than he lets up. He's also the more rational one, often steering those he likes away from things that are potentially damaging to them. Those who are in his category of "felines he enjoys the company of" will often find him to be a near-dictator, setting no limits for what he says or does in order to keep them out of trouble. He finds those who walk into obvious traps beyond stupid, having rarely, if ever, been tricked into anything. This is mainly due to his quick mind, which is often able to predict reactions and outcomes correctly. His intelligence, however, is part of his downfall. He is truthful to the point of being blunt, and being incredibly bossy, he can come off as quite cruel when dealing with other felines. Extremely diligent, knowledgeable, and quite independent, Vinjari seeks to carve his own path for himself, so that he will be recognized as an individual rather than one of the brothers.

Image Song: Savage Garden - Violet

Stages:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:13 am

User Image
* denotes finished RP

The Time is Now - [Nzinga, Utesaji, Xibalba] Link *
Making Allies - [Malkia] Link *
I'll play along for now - [Ceres] Link *
Tired of Pretending - [Yuuko] Link *
All Patience Lost - [Ceres] Link *

Chibi Sheepcat