Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Journals [OOC]
[J] Thalion's SOA Directory Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 234 235 236 237 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:45 pm
Maji
| Basic Info | Family Tree | Cubhood | Juvenile | Adolecent | Adult | Timeline | Photo Album | Relations | Pride Info |

User Image
Name: Maji | Cert | Cert 2 | Full Size Image 1 | Full Size Image 2
Meaning: "Water"
♦ Prince of the Mistweavers (Formally)
♦ Sage of En Gedi (Formally)
♦ Arch Magi of the Mistwalkers (Currently)

Mate: Ciyari
Personality/background summery:
What Maji lacks in size and strength he makes up for in intelligence, wisdom, and spirituality. He has a lot of world experience ranging between love, accomplishment, solitude, and betrayal. He's naturally wary of females after the events that transpired within the Mistweaver valley between Ciyari, who was the first to break his heart, and Masika, the half-sister who bullied him out of his pride and later led to its division. He carries himself as a gentleman, speaking eloquently and offering what seeds of wisdom he can in just about every situation. He has a good heart and can sometimes be a little too trusting.

Plots?
♦ General rp for Maji would be good. It would be interesting for him to meet former Mistweavers or members of the new mist pride. It's very unlikely that he'll return to either. He may end up in a concept pride if I can get enough interest. He's around middle-age now, so it's unlikely he'll accept a rank of supreme authority again.
♦ Meeting his children or grandchildren would be interesting!
♦ I'm not interested in flings or mate offers right now. He's going to be getting back together with Ciyari, his long lost love.
♦ Maybe anyone wanting knowledge of history, writing, or the 'real story' of what happened within the mistweaver valley.

Colorist: Mila Farrell
Obtained by:Character creation contest!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:51 pm
Maji
| Basic Info | Family Tree | Cubhood | Juvenile | Adolecent | Adult | Timeline | Photo Album | Relations | Pride Info |

User Image

Parents:
Nyunya | Mila Farrell | Deceased | ___♥___| Deceased | NPC | Katibu

Siblings:
None

Half-Siblings:
To Nyuya
Masika “Dama“ | Image | Tormented Angie |

Offspring:
Maji ♥ Ciyari
xxx Utomo | Image | Mila Farrell |
xxx Kilua | Image | Mimsey |
xxx Kayin | Image | Thalion |

Maji ♥ Elen'Nor
xxxErnil Dúlin | Thalion |
xxxFaun'Lómë | Chobi Chocobo |
xxx Tathar Lusse | Reeshie Hack |
xxxElendil Súrion | Saint Sergio |
xxxFindecáno Séregon | GunSniper |
xxxElensar | Nerpin |

Grandchildren:
Kilua ♥ Kamal
xxx Hari | Image | wooga paes |
xxx Ka’Ohu | Image | Kimaria |
xxx Usa | Image | ??? |
xxx Uapo | Image | Mila Farrell |
xxx Sahar | Image | ??? |
xxx Arin | Image | ??? |

Utomo ♥ Rogue
xxx Talagand | Image | Thalion |
xxx ??? | Image | Mila Farrell |
xxx ??? | Image | Nerpin |
xxx ??? | Image | ??? |
xxx ??? | Image | Mila Farrell |
xxx Dur Lome | Image | Thalion |

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:57 pm
Maji

User Image
.:Maji's Back History:.
Katibu had long been a friend to the Mistweavers, though she shared the same blood, she rather fancied traveling rather than remaining in the pride's lands. A huntress to the Mistweavers, but a bit of a scholar, she made it her purpose to learn the ways and religion or neighboring prides and returning to her homeland to record her findings upon the walls. Her knowledge and devotion to the gods attracted the Mistweaver king to the mysterious Katibu, resulting in a single night of romance before she set out again. In one such journey, the lioness unfortunately caught an illness that had been troubling a smaller pride. By the time the lioness realised that she was ill, she also discovered that she was bearing the child of Nyunya. Late into her pregnancy, the firekin lionesses invaded and Katibu sought refuge in the sacred caves.

It was there that the dying lioness gave birth to Maji, a male cub and would-be heir to the Mistweaver throne. In her dying hour, Katibu performed a prayer ritual to the gods of her pride, pleading with them to spare her son so that he might atone for the sins of the Mistweavers that had caused the drought and ended their kind. Perhaps it was her devotion to the gods, or perhaps it was the chance for a new beginning- either way, the gods took pity on the lioness as she passed on and fulfilled her dying wish. By the time of her death, Maji was able to walk and speak for himself, but at the minute of her death he was put into a deep sleep in the ritual room of the caves. Katibu's body fed the ground and brought about thick grass to warm her child, her spirit passed into him, filling him with all she had worked so hard in life to know- the ways of their pride, their written language, the rituals, and most importantly- respect for the gods. Unfortunately, this process stripped the cub of all knowledge of who he was save for his simple name.

Upon awakening, the cub found himself in a massive room covered with painted stories. A large gleaming pool produced light from within, gems upon the walls illuminated key elements to the stories kept there. There he lived, leaving the cave only to fish and drink. He lived in this manner for many months, reading over and over the stories and histories upon the walls, all the while praying and hoping that somehow it would be revealed to him just who he was and what had become of the others. After a time he believed himself to be the last surviving lion anywhere.

. razz ersonalitly Overview:.
As a cub, Maji was already showing maturity that even put most adults to shame. Life was, to him, something to be taken very seriously indeed. Play wasn't left in his memories nor was it recorded upon the histories written along the walls of his home- so to him, it simply didn't exist. For enjoyment, the cub learned. Reading wall after wall, script after script of histories of old, star charts, maps, and anything else he could get his paws on. After he had read everything accessible to him he began writing himself. Teaching himself how to write just as well as the others, how to blend the ink for doing such, how to create and preserve tablets from the bark of trees. Eventually he began learning new tricks to things like fishing. Building a reserve of fish, luring them into a pond, breeding them, how to keep them fertile and how to get them to grow. He found joy in such things but was always lonely. During much of his cub-hood, Maji's closest friends were creatures that, to other lions, were simply meant for eating.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:00 am
Maji

User Image
. razz ersonality Overview:.
As a Juvenile, Maji had already formed a bit of a pride in his lands. In his mind, it was more or less an assortment of lionesses, and a handful of other big cats, that were in need of a place to call home. With the simple mindset of having those big caves all to himself and no one to share it with, he allowed every one of them to stay. Over this period of time he continued to mature and had chances to show just how talented he was in things such as cooking, healing, and even resolving a squabble or two. Traits such as these quickly gained the respect of the creatures that had come to live in his lands. Even the queen Ciyari had taken favor to her appointed knight, giving him the responsability of keeping the land in order for her.

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:02 am
Maji

User Image
. razz ersonality Overview:.
As an Adolecent, Maji had been appointed by Ciyari as High-Prince of the land. It is apparent that of the lions that have come to live in the lands, he is the only one who they can be certain has true blood ties to the original pride. Resembling his father, though he's completely unaware of this fact, has brought to him his lost cousins, Enki and Ramses. The coming of these two brothers, though still a mystery to the three of them, was said to bode the rebirth of the Mistweavers. With Enki came the news that not only was Maji truely a Mistweaver and relted to the two new males, but he was indeed the true High Prince of the lands- something Maji is likely to take very seriously to.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:04 am
Maji

User Image
When Maji grew into his full mane, the land was hit with a horrible drought that dried up much of the rivers that gave the valley life. As a result, the plant life wilted and the prey beasts left. Maji took it as a sign of the Storm King's outrage that outsiders were taking advantage of his gifts and bounty. The land had become a breeding thicket for rogues and traveling lions. Soon the small pride was faced with competing with those living along their boarders for their meals and water. Eventually the rogues were successfully driven out, an empty victory as the Mistweavers were left with a dry, barren land.

To make matters worse, the pride had fallen under the gaze of a would-be tyrant. One of Ramses' cubs, Moses, betrayed the pride and joined with the tyrant. Taban, a young cheetah who Maji had recently befriended, tricked the lion into revealing his 'secret pride' and detoured an invasion in doing so. It was hardly the last of their worries.

Shortly after, much of the pride dispersed due to the drought. Kela, Maji's sworn-sister, along with her cubs left in search of food and provisions to hold the pride over. Kisulisuli, Maji's "nephew", swore to remain within the pride and protect the lands until their return. Suli, Maji, and Maji's adopted son, Obi, Ramses, and Enki were the only ones to remain behind.

When Maji's half-sister, Dama, returned, she was accompanied by a group of outsiders who had joined with her under her already-assumed title of queen. Ramses and Enki eagerly sided with Dama and her force of brutes. Suli, Maji, and Obi were both outnumbered and left weak in the aftermath of the drought. The three were forced from their positions within the pride and driven to the boarder of the lands. Maji was then labeled the b*****d prince and stripped of his title within the pride.

Dama assumed the throne with a pride of collected lions from the wild lands and traitors to the true Mistweavers. Maji and his two companions watched as Dama's followers filled the land with lions of foreign blood and diluted the pride beyond recognition, all the while convincing them that the pride had only ever been successful when ruled by a queen. Maji had, by that point, lost all faith in the storm king and had surrendered all hope of the true Mistweavers would ever return.

During a routine hunt outside of the boarders, Maji crossed paths with Mwali, a firekin prince who had returned to take slaves for his most recent litter. Maji was easily felled and left for dead as Mwali invaded the lands and made off with one of the cubs. Humiliated by his defeat and enraged by the pride's weakness, Maji left the lands without a word to either Obi or Suli- both believed that their former leader had met his premature end.

Maji met with Eyal, a large lion from a foreign pride. Eyal told him of a pride far from the known grasslands near the sea of the gods. Fascinated by the pride's description, Maji followed Eyal to the pride of En Gedi to complete his recovery. The pride's ruler, Rotem, was impressed by the small lion's knowlege and his ability to read and write. In thanks to the pride that gave him refuge and nursed his wounds, Maji now lives within En Gedi as a sage. Still a young male, Maji often entertains the idea of seeking out his former mate, Ciyari, and perhaps relocating the true Mistweavers to re-create what they had fought to protect over the course of his lifetime.

User Image
Nearing middle-age, Maji has spent much of the recent months within En Gedi. In return for their kindness, he's taken on a handful of students who will learn the written language of his former pride. The pride has recently been forced into relocation thanks to the arrival of man. Maji relocated with them but hasn't fully accepted the pride as his new home. He still thinks often of Ciyari, Obi, Suli, and Kela. He has implied a desire to return to his homelands- if only to see what had become of it. He's not yet heard that his sister's reign soon led to much of the pride deserting her to form a new pride that holds true to the traditions she abandoned. It's unlikely he'll join either pride at this point.

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:05 am
Maji

(0) | Maji Awakens | (Self-RP) Finished**
(0) | Maji meets Theluji | Finished (Very short)**
(0) | Ciyari, Hodari, and Maji meet | Finished**
(0) | Maji meets Kinyamkela | Finished**
(0) | Maji meets Mwenzangu | Finished (Very short)**

(0) | Maji and Kela | Finished
(0) | Maji, Jendayi, and Layla | Finished
(0) | A wounded Leopard | Finished
(0) | Maji and Kela | Finished
(0) | Maji and Ciyari (AIM rp with Dusty) Finished

(0) | Maji and the others | Finished
(0) | Maji meets Ramses | Finished
(0) | Maji and Hordari | Finished
(0) | Maji and Kela (Aim RP) | Finished
(0) | Maji and Enki | Finished
(0) | Maji and Layla | FInished (Short)
(0) | Maji, Enki, and Kinya | Finished
(0) | Maji and Obi | Finished (Short)
(0) | Maji, Ramses, Laana, and Ithi | Finished
(0) | Maji & Ithi | Finished
(0) | Maji & Layla | FInished
(0) | Maji & Kwana | Finished (Aim RP)
(0) | Maji, Obi, Tumai, and Aleu | Finished (short)
(0) | Strange Safehaven - Maji speaks to Rahima |Finished
(0) | Sweet little one - Maji meets Kimaji | Finished
(0) | Taban's Report and Fatherly Love - The State of Things | Short - Unfinished
(0) | Lost and Found - Family | Finished
(0) | One Night's Patrol | Finished
(0) | The lion and the lamb | (x6 Rp's) | Finished
(0) | Staring at the Sun | Self-rp | Finished
(0) | Gods have nothing to do with it | Self-rp | Finished
(0) | A pride's choice | Finished (Maji left early)
(0) | What the puddles say | Finished
(0) | An Accidental Decent | Finished
(0) | Coming Clean | Finished
(0) | Outside of the Valley | Finished
(0) | Brick Walls | Kizuka, Maji, & Taban | Finished
(0) | Stuck with me afterall | Tifu, Maji, & Kisulisuli | Finished
(0) | Grassland's Oasis | Maji & Ciyari | Complete
(0) | Doubts and Advice | Maji & Tifu | Complete
(0) | You're your own rank | Maji & Kaipo | Complete
(0) | So Small ... | Finished
(0) | A lesson of History | Maji & Vorpolkel'Reym | In Progress |
(0) | Even Immortals get Lost | Vaan, Rochben, & Maji | Complete

Totals________________________
46/48 Complete
1/48 In Progress
1/48 Abandoned
Blue - Used in a breeding

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:07 am
Maji

.:Artwork done by Thalion:.
All Lion King related artwork done by Thalion can be viewed here. Below are images concerning Maji, click on the thumbnail to veiw the larger image.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Maji Painting - Cihiru
Maji is Hungry! by Foxy-Sierra
Merciful | By Unaru
Christmas Maji | By LSX

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:17 am
Maji

+ Kinyamkela | Sworn-Sister
Kela was one of the first lions I encountered in my youth. She originally mistook me for her brother, Kisulisuli, who she later named one of her sons after. Apparently, she was from a small band of the pride that had fled the valley in fear of the illness that began to sweep over us. What has become of her... I cannot say. I have not seen so much as a pawprint since shortly after her cubs were born.
+ Obi | Adopted son
Obi I found as a young cub while patrolling the boarders of my home. He had been orphaned recently. I took him under my own paw, seeing as I had recently lost my own offspring. Perhaps it was fate that drew him here. He is a courageous cub that I have put a lot of effort into raising. Of the mistweavers, he's the only one that I've given any teaching on the written language to.
+ La'atzu | Second-Cousin (Half)
I know very little of her...
+ Layla (deceased?) Old friend
Layla was the first lion I met. She'd been raised by a leopard that lived in the thicker portion of the valley's jungle. She and I were eachother's sole companions for much of our cubhood. What happened to her...I cannot say.
+ Miaiko | Second-Cousin (Half)
I know very little of her...
+ Ramses Half-Cousin
I took Ramses in when he was a young cub, introduced him to the lands and watched him grow into a fine adult. He raised a family within the lands and for a time, seemed to be of stable mind and good character. However, recently he seems to have the notion that I would have exiled him from the lands. Perhaps the illness that took our ancestors has taken his wit... Or perhaps his son's treachery has gotten the best of him. Either way, such assumptions are ungrounded. I've not spoken to him for years.
+ Laana (Deceased?) | Old friend, Cousin in-law
Another friend from my younger years, but a questionable one as time went on. She had a deep friendship with the traitor, Ithi. Later, she married Ramses and eventually raised a litter. Poor creature... her son betrayed the pride. She left not too long ago... perhaps for the best. She'd be ashamed of what has become of the rest of her family.
+ Anubis | Second-Cousin (Half)
I know little of him...
+ Sekhmet | Second-Cousin (Half)
One of Ramses' offspring. Like her father she has an unfounded disliking of me... perhaps lack of contact with them? Who's to say?
+ Shani | Second-Cousin (Half)
I know little of them...
+ Masika | Half-Sister
I have a low opinion of her personally. I do feel for her unfortunate life, but there's very little sympathy past that. She recently returned with a large group of lions at her back... rogues, and assumed former pride landers. I cannot see her as a queen.
+ Kisulisuli | Second-Cousin (Half)
Kisulisuli was named after his mothers lost brother. An ambitious cub and a bit of a brute in size, he has a good heart and a hot temper. Of my cousins, he seems to be the only one that has not fallen into the mentality that the pride's misfortunes are a result of my being here. I don't think he has a high opinion of Masika either...
+ Jioni | New Member
An interesting individual.
+ Kucha | New Member
An interesting individual.
+ Enki | Half-Cousin
Like Ramses, Enki came to the lands as a youth. He had left as a cub and had no knowlege of a written language either upon his return. He was engaged with courting Kela and soon raising a family, so he never really had the time to learn it from me. It's for the best. Like Ramses, he has an unexplained bitterness towards me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:19 am
Maji

.:History of the Mistweavers:.
The Mistweavers, like the Pridelanders and the Firekin, has been a pride that has lived in the same area for countless generations. Unlike the Firekin or Pridelands, however, they believe that a female ruler is just as capable as a male ruler - and thus, their Queens have as much, if not more, power than their Kings.

The previous generation had been born in a drought year for the pride, although none knew the cause of it. The great Mistweaver pride had dwindled down to three: Nyunya, the King, Kunge, his Queen, and Bahari, Kunge's sister. Several weeks later, Kunge gave birth to a single female...the lack of water had been hard on the pride, and all her energies had been focused into giving birth to one healthy cub.

Nyunya, however, ended up dying from disease soon after when he accidentally allowed another lioness - a biological time bomb, as it were - into the pride. She was carrying a deadly illness that she soon died from afterwards...but not before inflicting the same illness upon nearly all of the rest of the pride.

After Nyunya's death, the remaining Mistweaver lionesses tried to stay together...but Kunge fell ill from the disease. One evening, Sumba and Waka, two Firekin lionesses, stole onto the lands, killing Bahari, leaving Kunge to slowly die from illness, and stealing the young princess. The lands have since been devoid of life; it looks as if the Mistweaver pride might have seen it's last days.

.:Religion:.

The Mistweavers' god is the Storm God; he who brings the life-giving rain. They also worship the moon and have an affinity with the nighttime. They believe drought years are the result of some sin on their part, while bountiful, lush years are the result of following the god's ways. While tolerant of other beliefs, they still tend to remain in their own valley, prefering little contact with outsiders. They are often looked upon as mysterious and almost magical by the Pridelanders, whom they share a border with, and disdained and loathed by the Firekin, their natural enemies.  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:21 am
Maji

Maji's runes:

Water (Emotions)
Gods (Wisdom)
Home (Heritage)
Yew (Rebirth)

+ Elder Futhark Runes.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:26 am
Maji

-Spare Post-  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:29 am
Maji

-Spare Post-  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:30 am
Maji

-Spare Post-  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:31 am
Maji

Obtained by: Character concept contest.  
[OOC] Journals [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 234 235 236 237 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces