Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
BRAWL IS ONLINE!11!wan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:18 pm
man I obviously don't play SSBM enough....what in the hell is wave dashing....  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:18 pm
nitnit
Well, if they remove wavedashing and the sorts, I should be all set. I'm only bad up against those tactics since I never learned them.

Do I have permission to go SWF on you then and call you a Noob for not using advance techniques and otherwise ridicule no matter how good you are even if you beat somebody who uses them you're still a noob by thier standards and ultimately you will be shunned from the Smash community untill you get fed up with it and just quit SWF if you were a member there not caring that you were riduculed there since transportation accross the country is limited for you even though you are intending to go back when Brawl is out to beat a select few people whom can't stand you just becuase you prefer not using advanced techniques though you can do them at will if you so desired?

Wave-dash-Arial dodging into the ground at an angle to force you to slide forward thus allowing you to move faster then a dash and use smash attacks while moving also allowing for almost instantaneous directional change from a short hop otherwise it becomes considered a wave -land.  

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:21 pm
Well, those "advanced techniques" are for the most part glitches, which, I'm assuming will be removed from Brawl.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:25 pm
Not as many as you might think. Some are more like easter eggs. L-cancelling is an easter egg for sure, cause it was in both previous SSBs.  

Itakio

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:28 pm
TheBasementDweller
Marth>Ike and I'm still waiting for Marth to be comfirmed as he is kind of the face of Fire Emblem.

Those of you with Video cameras post some SSBM vids, I'm curious as to whether you're all full of hot air or you actually have something to back it up.

Darn, I've been found out. ninja

Okay, I'm too harsh to myself; I do have some skill. Note the word "some", though. (I can only beat one level 9 computer at a time, guaranteed.) I've experimented with wavedashing and had success with air grabs, though (when I actually fight with items, that is.)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:30 pm
nitnit
Well, those "advanced techniques" are for the most part glitches, which, I'm assuming will be removed from Brawl.

Glitches yes, but the programmers left them intentionally, but with the crawling they showed it may interfere with wavedashing.
@Scary Dragon-L-cancelling is a pure glitch actually they just left it in.  

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:32 pm
darkslasherX
TheBasementDweller
Marth>Ike and I'm still waiting for Marth to be comfirmed as he is kind of the face of Fire Emblem.

Those of you with Video cameras post some SSBM vids, I'm curious as to whether you're all full of hot air or you actually have something to back it up.

Okay, I'm too harsh to myself; I do have some skill. Note the word "some", though. (I can only beat one level 9 computer at a time, guaranteed.) I've experimented with wavedashing and had success with air grabs, though (when I actually fight with items, that is.)

Just one level 9 at a time seriously?
Try an MLG style team, match 1 against 3 level 9, it's not hard play FD for uniformity if you would also how many people can beat 3 level 9s MLG style at FD just for my personal records ofcourse.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:33 pm
u guy better be careful when fighting me...cus I can fight with Items or no Items and if items are around during the match, watch out cus man I am soooo resourceful, I'll use any Item any way possible  

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:34 pm
TheBasementDweller
darkslasherX
TheBasementDweller

Just one level 9 at a time seriously?
Try an MLG style team, match 1 against 3 level 9, it's not hard play FD for uniformity if you would also how many people can beat 3 level 9s MLG style at FD just for my personal records ofcourse.

I can beat 1 Level 9 guaranteed, and two Level 9s sometimes. I could probably beat 3 level 9s rarely, but I haven't actually tried.

EDIT: Funny how a non-Pokémon related topic becomes the hottest thread instantly in a Pokémon guild.  
Unless you need to learn a character's moves, playing against the computer doesn't really help you become better.  

nitnit
Captain

Itakio

Level nines have too many differences from real players to be compared, like the old apples and oranges analogy. It actually diminishes your skill against humans if you play against them for too long.

Also, here's a very old video of my marth (green) against a friend. Bolded for emphasis.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IYDOMsC3Kio  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:37 pm
SCARY DRAGON
Level nines have too many differences from real players to be compared, like the old apples and oranges analogy. It actually diminishes your skill against humans if you play against them for too long.

Also, here's a very old video of my marth (green) against a friend. Bolded for emphasis.

]http://youtube.com/watch?v=IYDOMsC3Kio
eek Wow, I suck.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:39 pm
SCARY DRAGON

True]http://youtube.com/watch?v=IYDOMsC3Kio
True very true ...if u train with computer for 2 long you'll be trained 2 fight a computer not a human  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:39 pm
SCARY DRAGON

You would probably win, but I'd still give you a good challenge. The main reason why I didn't properly learn the advanced techniques is that samus doesn't utilize them all that well.  

nitnit
Captain

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:40 pm
SCARY DRAGON

The wave-dashing techniques needs some work for both of you.
I have a non-serious match, I don't think I used any advanced techniques, but it's against my idiot partner so I dumbed my game down a little and like I said it's not serious at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MggoGoGpjYU

Also comps are okay for practicing chains and general reference only.
Lvl 9s fail at life as demonstrated yes I was very bored when I made it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5rp7u_ccok  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces