Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super-Happy-Fun-Time Guild

Back to Guilds

A fun place to make both friends and gold. 

Tags: giveaway, game, gold, contest, free 

Reply Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat
What is the weirdest kind of food you've tasted? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

annaphobia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:37 am
Snails, octopus, ox tongue, some kind of liver or something and chicken feet. There were others too, but my memory is horrible :XP:  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:39 am
megachocobo2002
Hmmmm... There's adobo. It's filipino stew. We either use chicken, pork, beef, dog, cat, and rat. Yep, I mentioned a dog, cat and rat/mice. My family only cooks chicken, pork, and beef. Other filipino cooks the latter. Dogs here are what we call askal or asong kalye which means street dog/stray dog. Same with the cats. The rats are not commonly known as rats their called field mice/rats.

We have litson sawa which is called roast/smoked snake/python. There's also the skin of the python turned into something called chicharon also called deep fried crackers.

There's balot( ba-lo-t). It's an unborn chick around 6 weeks or so which is either boiled, stewed, deep fried, steamed. It's a delicacy though high in cholesterol but it is said to make your sub grow bigger and makes your knees much stronger.

There's sisig usually made from pig left overs. It's face and innards then is served with on a sizzling platter.

There's isaw( isa-w) which is chicken intestines cooked like barbecue.

There's locust dipped in honey and fried.

There's snake's blood mixed in wine.

There's jellyfish also. Served as cold cuts. It's really served spicy and delicious. It's like noodles.

There's many more. So I invite you guys to go to Asia and explore and try the exotic food of the tropics.

Btw, I'm chinese.

I like all those! Well, except for the locust thing and the snake blood mixed in wine.  

annaphobia

Bruno9

5,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:28 am
shark  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:19 am
shark's fin is quite a delicacy and is very expensive to purchase. It is said to give you the best flavor for a seafood ramen.

There's a scandal in the cooking world where instead of shark's fin the cook would use uncooked misua noodles (It's a type of rice noodle). They both look the same in some ways. Be careful when you order shark's fin! 3nodding  

Lee Jin Xing

Ruthless Hunter

9,325 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100

Bruno9

5,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:59 am
no not fin but I thinck they called it shark steak. It was very good.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:13 am
Woah. I didn't knew that there was shark steak. O.O I better find those. blaugh  

Lee Jin Xing

Ruthless Hunter

9,325 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100

j-factor762

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:42 pm
I've heard about shark fin, but not shark steak. Sounds nice, but after all I've heard about endangered species, specially sharks, I don't really want to touch that. Curse you, conscience domokun  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:41 am
The sharks being sold in restaurants are cultivated/cultured ones like the blowfish or. If the restaurant is legal that is.

Currently, I found an interesting concoction. It's a cocktail drink where this guy drinks some juices, tonic, and some alcoholic drinks. Then he pumps it out of his stomach then serves it to you on a cocktail glass. It's mixed with his bile. Stomach fluid.  

Lee Jin Xing

Ruthless Hunter

9,325 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:53 pm
megachocobo2002
Here's how the people prepare dog stew or dog sisig.

First, they nab a dog, owned or not owned doesn't make a difference. They put them in a sack and beat it to death. Then they carve/skin it. Then chop it into several pieces and then boil it. Innards are used as bait to get other dogs.

Cats and field rats are usually turned into ground meat to serve as fillings for siopao or meat buns.

There was a rumor about the most forbidden ingredient to cook is the unborn fetus of a live human. They make it into dumplings or siomai. Since it is steamed it is easy to cook.
Speaking of eating babies, I just found this article on a site listing urban legends - the site says that rumors of Asian people eating babies are just that - rumors 3nodding

Puke juice? No thanks 0.o  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:39 am
True. smile It is but just rumors about fetuses or babies being eaten alive. These stories circulated Asia since the great depression in China around the early 1900's. Given to that it was the foreign invaders who talked about.  

Lee Jin Xing

Ruthless Hunter

9,325 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100

j-factor762

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:50 pm
megachocobo2002
The sharks being sold in restaurants are cultivated/cultured ones like the blowfish or. If the restaurant is legal that is.

Currently, I found an interesting concoction. It's a cocktail drink where this guy drinks some juices, tonic, and some alcoholic drinks. Then he pumps it out of his stomach then serves it to you on a cocktail glass. It's mixed with his bile. Stomach fluid.

What the... gonk There's people who actually drink vomit thinking it's some kind of fancy beverage? That's just disgusting, plain disgusting. Have you actually tried that? eek  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:51 pm
I would never try that! Ever tasted your own bile? It's very sour. mrgreen And usually I always associate bile with puke. smile
Hmmm...  

Lee Jin Xing

Ruthless Hunter

9,325 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100

my-superstar

1,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:48 pm
The weirdest food I have ever ate yet is a peanut butter and pickel sandwich.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:31 pm
SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!11!!
edit: i mean srsly...spam was like one of the weirdest food i ever tasted...it smelled funny too O.o  

orly-bitch6666

j-factor762

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:29 am
my-superstar
The weirdest food I have ever ate yet is a peanut butter and pickel sandwich.

That sounds nice. I started having pickles recently and I like them quite a bit. How did that sandwhich taste?  
Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff