Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Clannad TV Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:00 pm
0ceanBlue
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I enjoyed this new episode. ^__^. I hope Kyou and Ryou get more screentime next episode though, and Ichinose didn't get any screentime this episode.

Oh well, the plot is picking up. Happy Clannad day!
User Image
*Pat pat pat*...

I started on Higurashi yesterday, and finished Last Exile. I am gonna watch episode 3 today, I downloaded it but did not watch it yet.

...at least you have influence.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:56 pm
lol ep 3 loved it
Especially Ibuki's "One, Two, One, Two" and so on
I liked Botan too "PuhiPuhi" hehe Kyou attackin Sunohara
"I Think I saw something lightblue and the sole of a shoe" hehe  

Agireda

Wheezing Consumer

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:23 am
User Image
*Pat pat pat*...

Episode 3 was great. The humor picked up even more (We are in the future..), and Ibuki was really cute.

But It left me in suspense at the very end of the episode when Nagisa was called to the Student Council.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:07 pm
Onicept
User Image
*Pat pat pat*...

Episode 3 was great. The humor picked up even more (We are in the future..), and Ibuki was really cute.

But It left me in suspense at the very end of the episode when Nagisa was called to the Student Council.

You mean episode 2's ending didn't leave you in suspense?

I think that's going to be something we see a lot in Clannad.

GeebusKermas
Crew

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:51 pm
0ceanBlue
Onicept
User Image
*Pat pat pat*...

You mean episode 2's ending didn't leave you in suspense?

I think that's going to be something we see a lot in Clannad.
User Image
*Pat pat pat*...

Nope, episode 2 didn't. I mean, we got a explanation of why Tomoya couldn't play basket ball. I knew Nagisa had just fainted, it is not like she died or came close to it.

Episode actually left me asking questions.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:04 am
-grins-
I agree. It didn't leave me with suspense at all. When Nagisa was called to student council, no suspense. Just something to be curious about.

Worship The Shinkai...

00NINE-1
Crew

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:42 am
-grins-
I just watched episode 4. It's definitely better than the previous episodes for sure. This will contain some spoilers so if you haven't watched it, I suggest turning out of here.

First, I would like to thank the Japanese for giving us so many cute girls. Second, Fuko is cute as hell. What is this? Fuko is a ghost?! Just in time for halloween, I guess. Nagisa and Ryou conversation on the school rooftop is full of win.

Youhei was hilarious when talking to Tomoyo. Kotomi is sooo cute! I love the way she moves to face Tomoya.

Ahhhh, I'm content.

Worship The Shinkai...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:02 pm
I completely agree with you there SamuraiHuynh

I love the part where Tomoya tired to shoot his milk up her nose. I was all like no way...he's not gonna...but too bad she was sane enough to feel it. And i was wondering about the ghost thing. Didnt we hear about ep2 that there was a ghost that appears and gives something to students?

Harouki-san

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:34 pm
User Image
*Pat pat pat*...

I will download episode 4 after I finish downloading Higurashi No Naku koro Ni Kai 1. ^^, or I could do Clannad first.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:06 am
Widescreen version of Clannad 1 released by SS & Eclipse.

I'm going to wait for Sprocket & TWH though, since SS & Eclipse's subs are really large and intrusive.

Edit: Apparently, BS-i's release had poor quality.

Mentar
The bs-i airing was VERY poor. Tons of dotcrawl and rainbowing, along with many other kinds of artifacts. The colors were also a trace different, but I chose not to artificially brighten them up, because then they will look oversaturated in other parts.

Well - this is the only 16:9 game in town, and there won't be better raws as far as I know, so I did with the source what I could.

The sharpness part is partly right (I had to submit the source to stronger smoothing than the 4:3 raws due to its poor quality), but you need to keep in mind that it's going to be stretched to fullscreen mode, and there the 4:3 raw will lose its screenshot advantage. (You effectively downscaled the 4:3 footage here relative to fullscreen playback, and downscaling always leads to a "sharper" visual impression). Color "vibrancy" always hurts when you fight rainbowing - no way around it - but I tried to keep it to acceptable levels.

Not saying that no better result was possible video-wise, but it's the best compromise of artifact- and dotcrawl removal and sharpness I could come up with.

iamandragon
BS-i have been boardcasting shows with this crappy quality for years...you can't expect them to change just for one show...

GeebusKermas
Crew

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:52 pm
0ceanBlue
Widescreen version of Clannad 1 released by SS & Eclipse.

I'm going to wait for Sprocket & TWH though, since SS & Eclipse's subs are really large and intrusive.

Edit: Apparently, BS-i's release had poor quality.

Mentar
The bs-i airing was VERY poor. Tons of dotcrawl and rainbowing, along with many other kinds of artifacts. The colors were also a trace different, but I chose not to artificially brighten them up, because then they will look oversaturated in other parts.

Well - this is the only 16:9 game in town, and there won't be better raws as far as I know, so I did with the source what I could.

The sharpness part is partly right (I had to submit the source to stronger smoothing than the 4:3 raws due to its poor quality), but you need to keep in mind that it's going to be stretched to fullscreen mode, and there the 4:3 raw will lose its screenshot advantage. (You effectively downscaled the 4:3 footage here relative to fullscreen playback, and downscaling always leads to a "sharper" visual impression). Color "vibrancy" always hurts when you fight rainbowing - no way around it - but I tried to keep it to acceptable levels.

Not saying that no better result was possible video-wise, but it's the best compromise of artifact- and dotcrawl removal and sharpness I could come up with.

iamandragon
BS-i have been boardcasting shows with this crappy quality for years...you can't expect them to change just for one show...
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

So I guess I will stick with the 4:3 version of the show, I mean, widescreen is just an added extra, and they are meant to have better quality too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:37 pm
Oh, what's this? A.F.K. is subbing the widescreen version of the anime?

*Downloads*

GeebusKermas
Crew

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:41 pm
0ceanBlue

*Downloads*
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

*Also notices* But who has better translation? AFK or Eclipse & Static fansubs?

*Also downloads*.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:47 am
Onicept
0ceanBlue

*Downloads*
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

*Also notices* But who has better translation? AFK or Eclipse & Static fansubs?

*Also downloads*.

*CoughIhateEclipse'ssubcough*

They're not a bad group; I love watching their Shakugan no Shana and Hayate no Gotoku subs, but their Clannad [and Kanon] subs are [and were] horridly large and intrusive. They're really distracting.

A.F.K.'s subs and Sprocket & TWH's subs look similar [white text with a black outline], but they're less conspicuous in my opinion.

Widescreen wasn't as bad as others said it was. I enjoyed it. It was like watching a movie.

GeebusKermas
Crew

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:15 pm
-grins-
a.f.k. is too slow for my liking. I been waiting for episode 9 of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei since the beginnings of time.

Worship The Shinkai...

~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces