Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
How much of a Grammar Nazi are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much of a Grammar Nazi are you, anyway?
  One mistake, and I'll rain fire on the person who made it.
  I'll tell them they made a mistake, but be nice about it; only if it's a huge mistake.
  As long as I can read it, I'm fine.
  lol why u haet txt tlk!!111
View Results

Chrissy Color

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:54 pm

Normally, if I can read it, I'm okay.
I remember I used to get into huuuge arguments with noobs about spelling and they would say I forgot punctuation. >.< That's when I get grammar nazi on their asses.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:09 am
I try not to be an a** about it, but sometimes I just have to. I mean, we're only human, an occasional mistake or so is perfectly fine.  

mdarkcecil

Tengaii

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:55 am
I'm not sure if I've ever really gotten annoyed by it. Entertained is one thing, but bothered..?

Okay, I lied. There was this one time. I was talkin' to some dude from Gaia on MSN, and oh my God, it was the most difficult conversation I have ever had in my life. No matter what I asked or said, the response was either 'lol', 'ok', or 'idk'.

I'm dead serious.
What's up?
idk
Um, how are you..?
idk
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE GODDAMN COLOR?!
lol idk

Forget it. Just forget it.
But I was cracking up at the time.

This is completely off topic, but as far as people on Gaia that I have talked to on MSN... There was this one guy who txttlk'd constantly and every once in awhile he would message me to try and webcam. Um, who are you and can you say hell no? Anyway, after a few months I was finally like, fine, what the hell, go for it.
I clicked accept, and you know what it was?
Some dude in a full body pikachu costume.
And he started dancing.
It was very disturbing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:18 am
Okay, Tengaii. I cracked up. xd Points, major points.  

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

Falhalterra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:56 am
Usually if the whole post is abhorrently plastered with 'txt' talk, I'll get really annoyed and take them down.

Usually if I am in an argument or debate, I use the fact that someone types more incorrectly than myself against them. That's just my strategy. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:17 pm
If the post has blatant 'txt tlk' then yes, I will ignore it. However if the post has just some minor errors like misspellings, then I give the benefit of the doubt. I know that some folks have learning problems, (hell I know what that is like personally), or are from another country. I am far more understanding with someone who has dyslexia, than with someone who is just lazy.  

wolfen26

Conservative Werewolf

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:35 pm
I actually consider myself a Grammar Facist. Yep. A Grammar Facist. You know, not quite as strict as a Nazi, but not... Democratic... xd  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:58 pm
Usually if it's my friends, then I don't care too much because I now they do it on purpose. But if it's someone who I think is just too lazy and stupid, then I will be a total a** to them.

...I'm sorry to say.

Kairi_12

frosty bacon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:02 pm
I usually don't mind if I can read it...or if they use c*z. it's 'cause God damn it...or dammit...hmmm....  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff