kykana

Invisible Informer

8,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:01 pm
Moonhail
Personally, I'm not phased by the fact that he was described as goth. Whether you like it or not, many people define goth as someone who wears all black, etc. If they want to call him goth, then let them. Who am I to tell someone what they can and cannot do?

On a different note, it's a shame there's been so many shootings this year. What's becoming of todays youth?

I don't know.
But with this shooting and the VTech shooting, both guys had mental problems and other students had warned the faculty about them countless times.
Yet in both cases the schools did nothing.
Expecialy after VTech, you would have thought this school would have taken notice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:44 pm
GilAskan
Article
Coon, who was white, stood out in the predominantly black school for dressing in a goth style, wearing a black trench coat, black boots, a dog collar and chains, she said.

Police believe Coon, wearing a Marilyn Manson shirt, black jeans and black nail polish, targeted the two teachers he shot Wednesday.

Coon's troubles seemed to come to a breaking point this week. Students said Monday's fight was over God - Coon told his classmates he didn't believe in God and instead worshipped rocker Marilyn Manson.

Coon had mental health problems,

So many connections to be pondered.

1) As we all well know, Manson is not a goth. I still wonder why he's associated with it after all these years, especially in that media is supposed to have fact checking.

2) If he had mental health problems, and he was known to, shouldn't they have kept an eye on him when he suggested he might bring a gun to school?

And more.
@1-yeah, but since when does the media know what atrist/s and or bands are associated w/ Goth... judging by this, the team didnt get their fact striaght this time

@2-indeed they should. but do they?- no of course not! they wait till after the fact and whine about it blaugh stressed stressed  

dark_LordBeld

dark_LordBeld

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:47 pm
Moonhail
...On a different note, it's a shame there's been so many shootings this year. What's becoming of todays youth?

simple, lack of parents will to discipline their children/knowledge of how do do so correctly
<><><>
lol@ wraith_lord's post, pg.1
-ya, you're probably right
<><><>
Rellik San
Except us metallers, we'll get our rights at the end of blade and boot. smile

rock out, rellik!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:19 am
Hm. School shootings have a bandwagon effect. I really don't think it's worth it if the perpetrators don't want to take up responsibility for their actions, and instead I suggest sticking cheese in the air vents or waging war with durians instead of school shootings. Y'know, for something different.  

shadowcat715

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:43 pm
i got mad. someone said that to me (that the shooter was goth and evil) and in pure mean-ness, i retorted "or maybe he was the bad sort of emo. who knows?" the glare i got... yes the person dressed like an emo. i was dressed in my "normal person" outfit. sweats and a tee. which i do occasionally, given im not allowed to pick out my entire wardrobe. so they didn't exactly think i was goth... i guess...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:45 pm
shadowcat715
Hm. School shootings have a bandwagon effect. I really don't think it's worth it if the perpetrators don't want to take up responsibility for their actions, and instead I suggest sticking cheese in the air vents or waging war with durians instead of school shootings. Y'know, for something different.

someone was gonna make a stink bomb and flush it down the toilet. its supposed to have an effect to the affect of stinking out the entire school, through the pipes. lol, awesome. don't know if she ever did it, though. i'll have to ask.

mechanical kitsy

Nockz the Dark Cellist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:12 pm
*breathes in*
Dave Mustaine (singer for Megadeth) spoke about this in an interview before. It was in relation to a similar shooting in Montreal. The interviewer said that you hear it in the media that these things are pretty much associated with the gothic/metal societies and asked why that was. He casually responded saying it happens every where else in life too. He said “whats a drive by? bang bang bang. The media only caught on to the fact that that kid listened to my song. All those pictures of him with the guns? those were cries for help.”

I haven't heard that this latest one was a goth. I'm living in Ireland and saw it on the news that day and there was no mention of him being a goth. At least there were no deaths on this occasion, a fact I found to have been overlooked.

Also one last point,
if you read a horror book, watch a bloody movie or play a violent computer game do you want to take on the roles of those characters? no. Same with songs, except one can look on it that songs stimulate emotions but they dont make them. They aren't the reasons people are sad, happy, etc
So what colour our clothes are is the last thing that the media should point out
*collapses*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:35 pm
This pisses me off to no end. The number of school shootings in America causes me to believe that there's a social crisis going on in the school system.

What I learned from the American educational system:
-'Art' should be prounounced in a high, squeaky voice.
-You must excell in math and science, because that's where the money is.
-You must conform, and 'different' people deserve to be ridiculed until they either admit their inferiority or stop being different.
-Pariahs must be teased mercilessly... after all, you don't want to end up as a pariah yourself.
-You must be popular.
-Despite needing to be popular, you must not give a s**t about anyone else's feelings.
-You must be willing to backstab your 'friends' and sabotage their work if they might be getting better grades or more accolades than you. Knock them off the ladder if they seem to stand a chance.

Granted, I went to a snooty prep school where the students were extremely cutthroat. However, I've talked to a lot of other people and most of them agree that their school experience was similar. It's just a matter of degrees — other people had the same problems, only not to such an extent.

The combination of pressure to be popular and pressure to care about no one but yourself leads to very cruel treatment, and it doesn't surprise me that some people who may be unhinged to begin with go totally postal. Maybe these psychotic bouts could be prevented if schools learned to value ******** individuality.  

Veruniel
Crew

Celestial Anachronism

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:27 am
Something is seriously wrong with society today....the number of school shootings is utterly appaling and the only thing people want to center on is what the people who did it wore. You don't see us concentrating on Hitler's clothes, or what Saddam is wearing Yet if a kid shoots up his school it is naturally gothic and punk subculture that are blamed. It's sick.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:40 pm
Veruniel
This pisses me off to no end. The number of school shootings in America causes me to believe that there's a social crisis going on in the school system.

-You must conform, and 'different' people deserve to be ridiculed until they either admit their inferiority or stop being different.
-Pariahs must be teased mercilessly... after all, you don't want to end up as a pariah yourself.
-You must be popular.
-Despite needing to be popular, you must not give a s**t about anyone else's feelings.
-You must be willing to backstab your 'friends' and sabotage their work if they might be getting better grades or more accolades than you. Knock them off the ladder if they seem to stand a chance.

Granted, I went to a snooty prep school where the students were extremely cutthroat. However, I've talked to a lot of other people and most of them agree that their school experience was similar. It's just a matter of degrees — other people had the same problems, only not to such an extent.

The combination of pressure to be popular and pressure to care about no one but yourself leads to very cruel treatment, and it doesn't surprise me that some people who may be unhinged to begin with go totally postal. Maybe these psychotic bouts could be prevented if schools learned to value ******** individuality.

They won't learn unless people learn to value it.

I find you get conflicting messages in school a lot, in class they tell you to be your own person but then everywhere else you get these ideas that the optimum you is to be like everyone else. Follow thy herd and thou shall be rewarded...with popularity and social comfort.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

ObsessionIsSuchAnUglyWord

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:04 pm
I live near Cleveland, so all my teachers had to make sure no was going to shoot up my school, and truthfully, I feel if people were saying he was "goth" (which was proved wrong by more investigators) and my teachers are trying to stop, eveyone in my school is going to blame me & my friends, because we're "emo", we're "gothic", we're "punk". But we aren't, we're more of a subculture of all "emo" "punk" and "goth". It's rediculous how low media is sinking.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:15 pm
But technically if your a subculture of emo/goth/punk doesnt that mean your partially goth so your teachers can say that (not that they should). It's like saying I am a catholic... but not a christian ya know?

But back to the point schools should step back and realise he was an individual and not in any way a representation of what any other 'goth' (define it how you will) reacts.  

Nockz the Dark Cellist

Kyru Sadaki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:19 pm
Veruniel

-You must be popular.

yeah our american schools suck
i mean, if your goth everyone hates you except all your other goth friends, or emo friends, and besides, a whole lot of the other school shootings have been jocks before, or nerds, and everyone has to hate on the goths
"o well he's a goth must mean he's dumb and he's a druggie, well now its like all the goths are smart, and the preps and jocks are stupid, and even if you are goth or "emo" labeled doesnt mean your gonna ******** shoot everyone in a school, sure they should have left you alone, instead of teasing you and making fun of you all your life  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff