Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
In the beginning... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scintillio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:58 pm
Mobius Nightshade
Oh, by the way, I can't tell if you are male or female from your avi, but I'll hazard a guess and say that should be Czarina Liece.

D8 shitaki mushrooms!

>_> i totally forgot about that. Yep, thats right~ lol and i have no money to change it, either. ninja but i am infact female~ whee wink  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:35 pm
Mobius Nightshade
Phat with a 'PH'. Hehehehe... That's phosphorus, isn't it? Or the measure of acidity/basic-ness of water...

Whoa! I had a bad deja vu about this moment... Someone yelling at me... words that seemed to make sense as I typed them... an upset Bellabie... I better shut up for now...

Yelling? Did I yell at you? I apologize.
I really didn't mean it. I've had an odd past few days so I apologize for any insult that I may have brought on.
Truly.

Czar
your only a FRESHMAN, in highschool~?! you seem like a genius to me! or is it because i'm a 18 year old short-bus rider? icon_xd.gif i kid, but for real,

your amazing. :3 im glad to have met you! you'll probably cure cancer or something!

I wish, my dear friend. I am not any extraordinary mind. My peers excel far beyond my comprehension and many topics that even average high schoolers know about are a great mystery to me. (drugs, relationships, etcetera) (not that I am particularly "keen" on trying them...)
This aside, I am very grateful for your kind words.
heart

You're quite welcome. We were discussing Schroedinger's Cat and string theory at lunch, today, (I attend a "magnet" school. This isn't, of course, the common lunchtime conversation, but it is not that irregular either...)(Yesterday we discussed world poverty and different techniques to make the world run more smoothly.) and someone brought up The Elegant Universe. They were referring to the book, but it was a pleasant coincidence.
Often, I listen to the conversations of the many intelligent people around me and I am torn between feeling proud that I am accepted among them or useless because I do not understand so much of what they mean.
sweatdrop
b  

Bellabie

scintillio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:09 pm
lol relationships are overrated---but mine runs damn well; me and my boyfriend dont argue at all---and he is quite smart---he reads a TON gonk

but i wouldnt have it any other way; intelegence over handsome stupidity any day cool lol

Bellabie
Often, I listen to the conversations of the many intelligent people around me and I am torn between feeling proud that I am accepted among them or useless because I do not understand so much of what they mean.
sweatdrop
b

sweatdrop thats exactly how i feel when i step foot into this subforum...im glad im here, (and i hope im accepted xd ) but i feel like a kook * dunno if i spelt that right but i meant a silly person* half the time---as if i dont belong whee  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:16 pm
I was here...

Bellabie

You're quite welcome. We were discussing Schrodinger's Cat and string theory at lunch, today, (I attend a "magnet" school. This isn't, of course, the common lunchtime conversation, but it is not that irregular either...)
b

Schroedinger's Cat is my favorite User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Last year I had to explain its significance to my physics class....it kinda went over all of their heads User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I would love to go to a school where everyone could talk about that stuff. I'm jealous!
PS:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I love Cyanide and Happiness ^^

...and then I was gone.

Anochaa
Crew

Anochaa
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:20 pm
I was here...

Oh, and uh....get back on topic, all of you <.< >.>

*cough* B told me to keep people on topic ninja

...and then I was gone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:48 pm
Meep!
I told you that I was a hypocrite!
(Thank you Anochaa, you really needn't listen to some lowly comment that I put forth...)
sweatdrop
Lovely comic, though! (Kris Wilson is such a silly one.)
@ Mobius: pH razz

I took the PSAT today and it had an interesting reading about how for many (or most) things in science, such as time or space, we rely on imagination. Bohr's atom, for example, (so it said) would have been impossible to visualize without knowing about the planetary rotations.

I'm torn between my scientific knowledge of time and the more romantic and fanciful side...
b  

Bellabie

scintillio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:11 pm
Bellabie
Meep!
I told you that I was a hypocrite!
(Thank you Anochaa, you really needn't listen to some lowly comment that I put forth...)
sweatdrop
Lovely comic, though! (Kris Wilson is such a silly one.)
@ Mobius: pH razz

I took the PSAT today and it had an interesting reading about how for many (or most) things in science, such as time or space, we rely on imagination. Bohr's atom, for example, (so it said) would have been impossible to visualize without knowing about the planetary rotations.

I'm torn between my scientific knowledge of time and the more romantic and fanciful side...
b

Personally, i like the fanciful side. Its easier---and sometimes, can be correct! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:14 pm
Why can't a blend of both exist?  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Bellabie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:54 pm
Mobius Nightshade
Why can't a blend of both exist?

It can.
And does.
It must.
b  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:43 pm
So you've bought into my alternate dimension theory.

And you haven't.

And you will.

And you never will.

And you always have.

Etcetera.

biggrin  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

scintillio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:19 pm
Mobius Nightshade
So you've bought into my alternate dimension theory.

And you haven't.

And you will.

And you never will.

And you always have.

Etcetera.

biggrin

ah, to exist, but to not exist---that is the question~ cool  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:42 pm
Not the question, but the reality. To exist or not to exist? Why not do both? You already are anyway...  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Bellabie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:42 pm
Oi.
I think that we'll go nowhere if we keep this up.
Let's assume, for the moment, that we exist and go on from there. We can always revisit it if we must.
b  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:46 pm
Never a***u*me. Besides, we always, on some level, continuously assume we exist, elsewise we'd not exist due to a lack of belief in our own existence coupled with Carpenter's theory anyway. We only exist because we are convinced we exist.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Bellabie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:04 pm
I don't agree. I doubt that if we all of a sudden just guessed that we didn't exist that we would do as we thought and not exist. I mean to say, there is the possibility, of course, but I assume that the universe as I know it is not the mere fancy of some extraordinary (un)being, but something

Also, assumptions make an a** of u and ptions so that is no good. Assumptions are required, often, in order to have a bit of a path to move along.
b  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces