Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rakei

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:59 pm
SiegeDragomon
decagrams are fun to use in magic but ive never used a septigram >.<

When combining a Regular Heptagon with an obtuse heptagram and an accute heptagram you get a most powerful amulet of protection and 7 is one of the most frequently used numbers in religions.
at each point you can put each one of the original magical planets. It stands for the universe, it's 3 and 4 combined 3= Heaven and soul, 4= Earth and body.

I refrain from using any magic with seven of anything, seven adds power it's perfection.
Crystalinks.com

There are two forms of heptagram:

The obtuse form suggests passivity, contentment and attuning with nature and its forces; of healthy rhythms and normal sexuality; of balanced feelings and satisfied desires; of normal receptivity and awareness of the feelings of others.

The acute, active form suggests an outgoing interaction with nature's forces, making progressive use of them and directing sexual energy. It suggests strong feelings and strongly expressed desires; likewise perhaps, heightened sensitivity to the emotions of others. It is a symbol of the empath and the healer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:45 pm
...too many math terms. And I thought I was good at geometry. gonk  

Jameta
Captain

Kabuki Doll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:16 pm
Jameta

Don't feel bad. I'm terrible at math. Or maybe just discouraged by it's uses rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:04 am
Jameta

*pats* sorry no overloading ok?  

Rakei

The Wallaby

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:19 pm
Akasha_wp
I want a tattoo of a heartagram. But yeah, I don't think that counts for much.

Ooh, I suggest you don't do that. It's quite a fad, and people often misaken them for pretzels. A girl in my study hall got a huge one on her wrist, and 2 days later was furious with it. Not smart.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:49 am
The Wallaby
Akasha_wp
I want a tattoo of a heartagram. But yeah, I don't think that counts for much.

Ooh, I suggest you don't do that. It's quite a fad, and people often misaken them for pretzels. A girl in my study hall got a huge one on her wrist, and 2 days later was furious with it. Not smart.
True, it is a major fad right now, especially because a band uses it for their logo. However, as we've said before, if it means something particular to him, then he can go through with it. 3nodding  

Jameta
Captain

Morrigan78

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:21 pm
I have two tattoos, and love them both. My first is a dragon, that goes almost all the way around my ankle (yes, it hurt like hell, too many bones there) I got that when I moved out of my parents house. For me it was a symbol of strength and independence. twisted

Then, right before I got married I got a unicorn. It's spaced in the gap left from my dragon tattoo (so now I have ink all the way around) and it's spaced so the dragon's head is right under the unicorn's belly/feet. (so the dragon could bite the unicorn in the belly or the unicorn could stomp on the dragon's head) For me this shows my softer side balancing out my independence, and finding that softer side. heart

I plan on geting another one, but still deciding on the design. I'd like to get something death/rebirth related. question

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:02 pm
Morrigan78
I plan on geting another one, but still deciding on the design. I'd like to get something death/rebirth related. question

You could always go with a spiral design. I know among the Celts it was commonly used to represent the contunal cycle of life-death-rebirth, and I think it's been used with a few other cultures, as well. If you get the swirl done in a colck-wise direction, you can use it to invoke a blessing, or counter-clockwise to banish an old habbit.

My first tattoo I got on my ankle, but it didn't hurt nearly as much as this new one on my back! Holy-moly, two hours of burning/stinging! Once I get up to my appartment and get moved in, I'll get a pic of it with my digital and upload it. ^^ It came out beautifully, and was quite the experience.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:37 pm
A phoenix rising from its own ashes is a powerul death-and-rebirth symbol... It's also the only one I can think of at the moment. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:14 pm
Wow! Thanks for the ideas! biggrin  

Morrigan78

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:32 pm
Just wondering, is it okay to get a tattoo on your elbow? I was watching Tommy Goes to College and I noticed that his whole arm is tattoo'd except for a blank circle on his elbow.

Also, are there certain areas that you can't (or it's strongly suggested you don't) get a tattoo?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:35 pm
I've heard that tatoos on bony areas (like elbows, ankles, the backs of hands and feet, etc.) are even more painful than other areas. So most people have them placed somewhere else. But it can be done, and some people do.  

WebenBanu

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:47 pm
If you would get one on your elbow, can it get stretched out?

I guess it's similar to a pregnant woman having a tattoo on her stomach before birth.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:06 am
Some places are more subject to ware and tare, and your elbow would be one of them. I wouldn't say it would necessarily get scratched out, but I think it would be more faded and more subject to damabe grom cuts and scrapes. At least it would be for my elbow.

And something tells me that most tattoo artists won't do tattoos directly over a joint, which would make sense to me. After all, it is a needle being driven through your skin; the potential for damage would be fairly significant to an area like that.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

liftedplane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:03 pm
I personally never want a tattoo.... however there was something that you said.... that got my attention.

it was something about being brought to a new level of conciousness through pain... or the pain of the needle.

I personally don't like how that sounds.... I don't like pain... I'd rather become more aware through thought and actively trying to attain that goal... then again, pain scares me.  
_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff