Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
So, for the first time in a long time... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:51 pm
nitnit
Never said it didn't help, what I did say is that if you want to play the game seriously on competitive, either that, or a lot of free time is needed.

Actual tournaments will ban you from them the actual cash tournies check legitimacy it doesn't help you competitively it DQs you.

P.S. This guild has some seriously flawed logic. Any opinions that I had of any of you're guy's "skill" if you can call it that has seriously dropped to next to nothing. rolleyes Any body can hack to get perfect IVs and guess and check from there to see what works so don't tell me that strategy can't be faked either. Whatever though I'm not going to shoot my mouth off and get banned since, I have to direct a team for that Interguild tourny since the members I currently have would not be able to enter without 5 people and Miss Nayru happens to be looking forward to it, but really how can any of you call yourselves definitively better than someone else if you cheat even if you try to trivialize your cheating you are still doing just that, cheating?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:56 pm
Shigeru K
Battlers such as Nit and me have gotten to the point where we'd rather play with strategy than spend forever getting the perfect Pokemon, thus turning to hacking to get our Pokemon.

I mean, we change our Pokemon so often that by the time we finish breeding and training one team, we have an idea for the next team.

We also don't care for official tournaments or PBR, so there really isn't a disadvantage in hacking.

As long as we're not doing black hat hacks, there isn't a problem.

P.S. In before correction somewhere.

Really that's just another point against it, people who don't hack don't have the liberty to constantly change thier team. stare  

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:57 pm
We don't care for tournys like the Gamestop one.

We are hacking but not breaking the laws of Pokemon.

Also, don't forget this one thing: Nothing is stopping you from hacking in the Interguild League. As long as you don't break limitations, you're free to hack whatever Pokemon you want.

And it's not our fault that they do not have that ability. Why penalize us for doing something they are allowed to but choose not to?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:59 pm
Like I said before, pokesav is extremely thorough, it is very easy to make anything look legit with it ((as long as you take the required time)), so there's no actual way to check it.

And strategy can't be faked you numskull. No matter how you acquire your pokemon, if you don't know your prediction skills, or if your team is poorly planned out, then you'll fail. How can you possibly say that a few stat points via IVs can seriously effect the battle to the extent of player prediction skills?

If you switch into a super effective move because someone out predicted the other, and the pokemon faints due to it, an action replay didn't create that effect.

Also, I recall you early blabbering some nonsense about element moves that are acquired through earlier games? You're only putting yourself down because to get those moves you need to go out and buy the copy of the older game, where you could buy an action replay for around the same price.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:59 pm
Quote:
Good strategy will ALWAYS overcome poorly thought out hacked teams.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:00 pm
Actually, a hacked team with Wonderombs can dominate the playing field.

But that's just cheating.  

Shigeru the Hero

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Shigeru K

I mean to say legal hacks. I don't think anyone is arguing for the advocation of illegal hacked pokemon.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:04 pm
Jonnnn
Shigeru K

I mean to say legal hacks. I don't think anyone is arguing for the advocation of illegal hacked pokemon.

Nope.

Though I seriously wouldn't mind seeing a maxed out Spd and Atk exploding Magikarp.  

Shigeru the Hero

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:17 pm
nitnit
Like I said before, pokesav is extremely thorough, it is very easy to make anything look legit with it ((as long as you take the required time)), so there's no actual way to check it.

And strategy can't be faked you numskull. No matter how you acquire your pokemon, if you don't know your prediction skills, or if your team is poorly planned out, then you'll fail. How can you possibly say that a few stat points via IVs can seriously effect the battle to the extent of player prediction skills?

If you switch into a super effective move because someone out predicted the other, and the pokemon faints due to it, an action replay didn't create that effect.

Also, I recall you early blabbering some nonsense about element moves that are acquired through earlier games? You're only putting yourself down because to get those moves you need to go out and buy the copy of the older game, where you could buy an action replay for around the same price.

Like I said flawed logic, so I'm not going to bother arguing.
Math can't be faked, but you can occasionally get the right answer through guess and check, pokemon, a trumped up game of rock paper scissors can be done the same way. What attacks to use are perfectly feasible through this method everything else will come from just playing the game. Numbskull? Real mature Nit atleast my logic holds a little bit of water. So you're telling me hacks have no effect when strategy comes into play. Allright consider the Infernape scenario. Both have Focus Sash for arguements sake and both are the lead outs so no terrain effects, burns, or anything are in effect. One Infernape can kill the other in one shot since Infernape's defenses are awfull, but the focus sash will save them for one turn. The faster still goes first and thus damages first the faster in this case will be the hacked one with 31 and the non-hacked one having a respectable 29 not perfect, but respectable none-the-less. So one might predict Earthquakes form both, since it's Super Effective and all, but even with prediction the poke that switches in gets hurt unless it's Flying, but Infernape has Thunder Punch to deal with them so that rules it out. Levitate is another option, but that is fairly limited. Anyway say the opponets hope thiers is faster to kill the other theyboth EQ they both end up with 1 HP. The next turn possibly they are equal speed so they both stay out and take the risk the order will switch. The hacked one is faster and wins. Infernape is almost dead Blaze activated, but Infernape with a Speed raising nature is fairly fast and will get the extra shot most likely, thus the hacked Infernape gets a completely free attack on whatever comes out becuase it was hack not for strategy reasons. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:22 pm
Please use some spacing in your arguments, it makes it a little more readable wink

That aside, sure, if something like that occurs then the person with the higher IVs will win. However, it is as likely to get a 29 in your IV stat as it is to get a 31. ((lower numbers are not more probable since it's random. With selective breeding, you can get an infernape with a 31 in attack and speed with a day's work))

Is it easier to plug in some numbers into pokesav then spend a day? Of course it is. All I'm saying is that you can't stop people from using pokesav, so if you want to play the game seriously, either get pokesav yourself, or be prepared to spend hours on end.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:28 pm
You are aware that people who breed for IVs only use one with the perfect nature and perfect IVs in the two or three stats they want. For a Infernape it will be 31 IVs in Speed and attack. Sp. Attack also, if it is mix'd. If both have the same nature and EV's in speed both will have a equal 50/50 shot at going first.

I see no unfair dissadvantage here, just one person who would rather not spend days breeding for a virtual monster.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:31 pm
nitnit
Please use some spacing in your arguments, it makes it a little more readable wink

That aside, sure, if something like that occurs then the person with the higher IVs will win. However, it is as likely to get a 29 in your IV stat as it is to get a 31. ((lower numbers are not more probable since it's random. With selective breeding, you can get an infernape with a 31 in attack and speed with a day's work))

Is it easier to plug in some numbers into pokesav then spend a day? Of course it is. All I'm saying is that you can't stop people from using pokesav, so if you want to play the game seriously, either get pokesav yourself, or be prepared to spend hours on end.

All I'm saying is cheating is cheating regardless of how you trivialize it. rolleyes If you want to play the game seriously you wouldn't be hacking since that's not technically playing the game.

This is precisely why I never care for these games that are so easily abused by hackers and thus why I will be ditching it in favor of Brawl if the Wi-fi is good.  

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Zombie7775

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:34 pm
TheBasementDweller
nitnit

This is precisely why I never care for these games that are so easily abused by hackers and thus why I will be ditching it in favor of Brawl if the Wi-fi is good.

Same.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:34 pm
I'm siding with Nit on this one

I spent 2 weeks, (about 10 hours), trying and finally suceeding in getting a Swellow with a max speed IV. Seeing someone get the same result and more in about 10 minutes is frustrating, but I'm not going to raise a stink about it.

Part of strategy is useing natures, and natures put about a 40 point gap between stats, much more than IVs. Pokemon base stats have alot to do with battling too.  

Tyhoon

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:35 pm
nitnit
Pheonix - if you played more often, learned some advanced tactics, even got a DS AR with pokesav if you're serious, then you would be pretty good.

I'm kinda broke..I bought Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship so I don't have any money.....
And ever since my DS was stolen I've lost my "obsession" with Pokemon...plus I use mostly OU, so I don't believe that I could be that good.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff