Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

2012: your thoughts
  so what
  Finally! At last! BOOM!
  humanity is offered the chance to move into a new age or stay in the cycle
  nothing will happen
  the mayan writing the calendar was sick that noone was worshipping his work and decided to stop working
  other
View Results

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:02 pm
spooky_sez
o.O Y u k i O.o
i swear the guy just got tired of writing the damn calendar out and no one really picked up where he left off. besides 2012 is reminding me of Y2K haha big scare that was then what happened...NOTHING, so we can only see what happens just because a calendar ends doesn't mean the end of the world.

That's exactly what it is. Y2K2. No- Y2K2012.
Y2K2012 lol but yeah i agree completely, theres WAY too much hype on this calendar thing. all it means to me is whenever a calendar ends it just tells me GET A NEW CALENDAR!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:03 pm
The iusse of 2012 is not true i can give u that because on the year the Mayan calender was finish was the same time they became wipe out by the Spanish thats why it was never completed and we miss this fact in history. and in other cultures its the same things the furthest culture to have Predictions in years was the Egyptians and they could be the only one right with this because they were the smartest of that time and period and we all know that to be true in fact. The fact of the mater is its up to us in the future is what really happens on 2012 and only we can choose whats happens from here on out. That what everything is telling us they want us to finish there future they created for us and be ready for what comes next.  

Nazi_Reaper

OverlordMMM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:56 am
..I think Nazi Reaper is probably on to something.....If there were others that would have continued the Mayan traditions, perhaps the Y2K fiasco would have been avoided.....all joking aside, who knows what could have been predicted afterthat time......  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:07 am
I will admit there is evidence that there might be a significant event on Decvember of 2012, but I don't think the world will end. The world as we know it might, and the world might change dramatically, and there may be a catastrophic event that may kill people, but I honestly don't think the world is gonna come to a complete end.

My theory is that there will be a huge, worldwide event, that will change the world as we know it. Perhaps a terrible catastrophy will occur and bring everyone closer, sort of like 9/11 or Hurricant Katrina, but on a worldwide scale.

The fact that it's the end of the Mayan calander doesn't mean the end of time, to me anyway. I see it as the promise of renewal and new beginnings. Or something along those lines.  

Freedom Fire

ArcticWolf - Kiba

4,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:22 pm
Yea I've heard about that. I think it was like December 21 ;D  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:21 pm
i think; that if the mayans still existed... they would just make a new calender. Ancient people, why in the world should they try to predict a so far away future? They didnt need a calender wich lasted to year 2012... so why make it longer?  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

TerminalStarSlayer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:07 pm
I have a contradiction:

The Super MarioLand GBA calendar ends in 3000 a.d.

I win! whee  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces