Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
What makes a saint? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:17 am
you see that is where it all goes downhill though..

I do not justify living a bad life but if the baby is the purest form what about the baby convieved from rape? Is that still pure? -bella you are slipping into a bit of insanity I believe or maybe im just starting to slip more and more into the stereotypical vagrant...-

A baby is a bad example because there are many multiple ways of convieving one that are not tolerated by many religions.

Lets say there is a soul after-all and when you die you said "the soul's time in this world is brief" but before you said it is "never ending" [paraphrased] so would that not be contradicting itself? or are you hinting into a after-life of which we cannot prove?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:37 am
I just told you that by my standard of a soul, the baby isn't a baby at all. It is an unborn child. Also, I do not think that a baby conceived of rape is guilty of any trespass greater than any other baby.
We cannot prove this life, either Dammie-kins.
I do think that people do not cease entirely after death. I do not particularly believe in ghosts or heaven, though.
b  

Bellabie

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:01 pm
So what is there after death?

-I apologize if it seems that I am attacking you but I am trying to understand your mind-state a little better-

If there's neither heaven nor afterlife what is there, just a great void with a bunch of souls floating in it?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:23 pm
No worries!

I don't disbelieve the idea of afterlife. Sometimes, I think that life is all a dream (something that I discussed in another thread within this sub-forum). Perhaps, in a similar fashion to reincarnation (a word that I hate), souls are merely housed and human/animal/living beings are only some of the places where they "live." These "shells" expire and they move on. I do not think that these souls have memory, but I do not know. Perhaps instinct (something that we're yet to find in genetics) is the poor memory of a soul and, like free 1/2 O(sub)2 molecules, souls find their way into the next vacant form available. I don't know. It sort of makes sense, scientifically, to say that an animal with a soul that is eaten "releases" its soul and the consumer (namely a human, for this example) will not gain their souls, but the child that they may have will...
It's challenging to describe. My ideas fluctuate vastly. Today, I may say that there is such thing as a soul and tomorrow I may think otherwise.
b  

Bellabie

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:31 pm
Well arent we all little philosophers now a days XD

Makes sense in a way but loop-holes may be a problem in the future though with this theory if we establish known facts *(which if happens I will be completely baffled and will devote my whole being and "soul" to worshipping this person for finding that stuff out)*

well im at a loss for words on the soul issue...

Now what religion are we basing this off of...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:48 pm
Bellabie
I just told you that by my standard of a soul, the baby isn't a baby at all. It is an unborn child. Also, I do not think that a baby conceived of rape is guilty of any trespass greater than any other baby.
We cannot prove this life, either Dammie-kins.
I do think that people do not cease entirely after death. I do not particularly believe in ghosts or heaven, though.
b

@ Dammie,

i never heard of such a thing where a babie that is conseived from rape is not tolerated...where is that BS because i sure as hell dont believe that.

Most women who are raped and have become pregnant from that dont want that child because they start to relate the child to the rape---and since i have not been raped, i cannot fully understand the horrid feelings that come from that---but i can say that i probably would abort it to---and try to ask for forgiveness...

As for souls, i believe there are souls---parts of the human form that cannot be truly conveyed anyother way but to call it a soul.

I do believe there is an afterlife, weather you believe its like christianitys heaven, or Nirvana or something else---theirs many afterlifes, and i like to think all of them are based in some underlying truth---like many religions *but i digress*

Afterlife is like, the ultimate karma---is the ultimate 'grade' of your life and your punishment, or reward for what ever you've done. 3nodding

@ Bella,

i see where your coming from, all life is somewhat something that has to be seen with ones own eyes and felt with ones own hands. Maybe their is somekind of afterlife, but you just cant see it until its time ^^  

scintillio

Bellabie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:35 pm
I suppose that my main qualm with afterlife is that it is always a judgment of what happened before. It offers no forgiveness or second tries. Everything "here" computes to reward or punishment "there."
Sinners aren't allowed to go to heaven, even if they were taught that what they did was not a sin.

Also, in my very limited view of theology, I think that Nirvana is not afterlife, but a state one attains. I don't know, though, you may have to look...
b  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:43 pm
lmao how would we prove that one there hun?

-sorry I just finished watching PoD and I cant focus T,T-  

Dameon the -V-

Bellabie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:37 pm
PoD?
Prove which?
b  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:59 pm
Bellabie
I suppose that my main qualm with afterlife is that it is always a judgment of what happened before. It offers no forgiveness or second tries. Everything "here" computes to reward or punishment "there."
Sinners aren't allowed to go to heaven, even if they were taught that what they did was not a sin.

Also, in my very limited view of theology, I think that Nirvana is not afterlife, but a state one attains. I don't know, though, you may have to look...
b

PoD = Pick of Destiny

Prove that there hun ^_^  

Dameon the -V-

Bellabie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:45 pm
I don't understand what you mean. You demand proof of something that A) you will not specify B) is a theory C) I already told you varies.
b  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:38 pm
Ahh mis-understanding on my part!

My apologies dearest bella I thought you were making a statement

sweatdrop
My bad  

Dameon the -V-

Bellabie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:41 pm
Not at all, kind sir. It was a fault of mine to not be clear. I ought to have written more blatantly "the idea of afterlife."
It was a statement, but the term "qualm" refers to a personal belief or disagreement.
b  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:10 am
Bellabie

b

So do you think that life 'after life' should be lived like we do here? D8 i couldnt put up with that---

yes, people would have second chances, but you know people....They try to live their lives as if they have forever, but in actuallity, we dont. I think the after life should be sorta like court...were if your proven guilty, then you should be punished---because we are not always punished for everything we do in this life...

lol but thats just me.

**oh! and i have heard of Nirvana being a state of mind. >_O but how is that so much different than afterlife? is the person still alive when they reach Nirvana? confused ive always wondered that....  

scintillio

Bellabie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:17 am
I believe that Nirvana is a state achieved in meditation, but I do not know.

I don't think that it ought to be lived the same, but I do not think that you will be you or I myself afterwards. I don't think that people should be punished, ever, but, sadly, it is hard to only reward. Positive punishment is not effective enough, I think... But neither is positive reinforcement, it seems.
b  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces