• Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:18 pm
Rainey_angel81

i was one ^.^ don't feel bad about it, stuff happens

>>; I'm glad there are no hard feelings. ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:48 pm
Zella L.
CoffeeFox
You expect too much imagination from the furry community. A fox or wolf is a good starting place for a fursona, mainly because they're common and social. I know that I had just joined the fandom, I wouldn't want to be something exotic and out-there like a Eastern dragon or a scorpion-kangaroo mix. Even within the fandom, there is prejudice. The nail that sticks up gets hammered down, ya know?

Well I'm not going to say much more than there is something wrong with everything you just said.
2. A starting place for a fursona--that implies that one would change it as they get more mature?
6. I wouldn't want to be something exotic--why not?
7. Like an eastern dragon--not that exotic.
9.there is prejudice. The nail that sticks up gets hammered down, ya know? --are you implying that the most commonplace and bland animals are sticking up? Hard-lyyy....

Clipped out the bits I had no argument with.

1. Lots of people who join the fandom have very common fursonas like canids and felines. I think it's because they're both familiar (to an extent) and that the large number of furries with the same fursona makes them feel more accepted, as it were. As time goes on, they might change their fursona if they feel their initial choice was not a good reflection of them.

2. When you're exotic and flashy looking, you tend to get a lot of flack for it. You stick out, people become annoyed/jealous/spiteful and you suffer because of it. Then again, the opposite is true as well. If you pick something common, people are naturally going to pick on you for not having any originality.

3. Fairly exotic for what I've seen of the furry community.

4. You were completely off base here; I meant that the flashiest and most attention-grabbing furries often get picked on the most by those who feel they're being outshined and pushed back.  

FogSage

Zella L.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:28 pm
I have personally never heard of someone getting picked on for being too flashy, unless by that you mean over done. (As in, "I have the wings of an eagle and heart of a lion and body of a wolf and horns of a giraffe and head of a zebra...) Then yes...that happens. But..."I'm an Arsinotherium," not so much.
Regardless of fursona choice, it's true that most people don't find attention whoring flattering.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:47 pm
Synx never gets made fun of. And you can't get much more original than that.  

Katzekinder

Worthy Seeker

Zella L.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:12 am
Katzekinder
Synx never gets made fun of. And you can't get much more original than that.

If that's the same Synx that I googled, I wouldn't say that's exactly the flashy I was thinking of. He'd need like, wings and more wings and rainbows and extra eyes and extra legs and more horns and some really elaborate clothing to be what some consider pretty annoyingly flashy.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:22 am
.-: no more 90|)$, no more 9|24V3$, are you |=|213N|) or |=13N|)..?:-.

I know it's probably off subject by now, and no one will really pay attention to this post because it's so out of line by now and no one in this thread will remember me, I think, but I did Furry art, in the forums and in the guild, a long time ago, charging about 2k at the most for fully colored sketches. mind you it's just sketches with computer color overs, but i was here. ._.;;
*rejoining he guild..again*

.-:no more |_1|=3, no more |)347|-|, somewhere in b37W33n..:-.

Phantom08

Dapper Member

1,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:39 pm
FogSage
Zella L.
CoffeeFox
You expect too much imagination from the furry community. A fox or wolf is a good starting place for a fursona, mainly because they're common and social. I know that I had just joined the fandom, I wouldn't want to be something exotic and out-there like a Eastern dragon or a scorpion-kangaroo mix. Even within the fandom, there is prejudice. The nail that sticks up gets hammered down, ya know?

Well I'm not going to say much more than there is something wrong with everything you just said.
2. A starting place for a fursona--that implies that one would change it as they get more mature?
6. I wouldn't want to be something exotic--why not?
7. Like an eastern dragon--not that exotic.
9.there is prejudice. The nail that sticks up gets hammered down, ya know? --are you implying that the most commonplace and bland animals are sticking up? Hard-lyyy....

Clipped out the bits I had no argument with.

1. Lots of people who join the fandom have very common fursonas like canids and felines. I think it's because they're both familiar (to an extent) and that the large number of furries with the same fursona makes them feel more accepted, as it were. As time goes on, they might change their fursona if they feel their initial choice was not a good reflection of them.

2. When you're exotic and flashy looking, you tend to get a lot of flack for it. You stick out, people become annoyed/jealous/spiteful and you suffer because of it. Then again, the opposite is true as well. If you pick something common, people are naturally going to pick on you for not having any originality.

3. Fairly exotic for what I've seen of the furry community.

4. You were completely off base here; I meant that the flashiest and most attention-grabbing furries often get picked on the most by those who feel they're being outshined and pushed back.

I don't think it's the fursona itself, it's the ideas that you give the artists. You could have a wolf fursona, but if you tell the artist to make it howling at the moon, or basking under the moon, how many people do you think have asked for the same thing?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:38 pm
Rainey_angel81
I don't think it's the fursona itself, it's the ideas that you give the artists. You could have a wolf fursona, but if you tell the artist to make it howling at the moon, or basking under the moon, how many people do you think have asked for the same thing?

That's the point I was trying to make that was the reason why I was frusrated and bored with doing furry art. I get the same ideas all of the time. Nothing new..just the same old same old. It just happens to be anthro wolves and foxes all of the time..A lot of them are the same colors..I've only done one wolf that wasn't grey, the rest have been grey in color and the foxes have all been the standard red fox. Only thing that makes them different is the hair style (if they have head fur) and whatever clothes they may be wearing. Otherwise, it just the same damn idea everytime. So I'm sorry if I would like something different once and awhile. Because for me, certian subjects get old after awhile when I draw them 100 times unless it's something I really really really enjoy drawing.  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Katzekinder

Worthy Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:30 am
Kakarotto-san

That's the point I was trying to make that was the reason why I was frusrated and bored with doing furry art. I get the same ideas all of the time. Nothing new..just the same old same old. It just happens to be anthro wolves and foxes all of the time..A lot of them are the same colors..I've only done one wolf that wasn't grey, the rest have been grey in color and the foxes have all been the standard red fox. Only thing that makes them different is the hair style (if they have head fur) and whatever clothes they may be wearing. Otherwise, it just the same damn idea everytime. So I'm sorry if I would like something different once and awhile. Because for me, certian subjects get old after awhile when I draw them 100 times unless it's something I really really really enjoy drawing.
Never become an animator or a serial comic artist, then. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:16 am
Sheol does art for gold, still. Somedays. Not much. I dislike doing it so much, though, that a person has to pay me a couple hundred thousand for it. Also, I've got a hard time actually pumping out commissions. My laptop is on the fritz. I'd rather do art for cash than for gold since I need cash to get a new laptop AND do Christmas shopping.

By the by: If any of my commissioners are reading this, let me reiterate. Laptop. On. The. Fritz. The screen randomly blacks out and takes a while to fix, the keyboard is missing keys, sometimes it doesn't recognize my tablet, often, it will just shutdown. And just as randomly as it shuts down, it turns ON! I can't tell you How annoying that is. Anything I do get out lately is just doodles, it's all fairly scribble worth.

Also, I only check out Gaia once or twice a week. I'm usually on Subeta nowadays, and I'm on MSN.. but half the time I'm not actually AT my computer. I'm usually out and about and my computer has randomly turned on.

Sheol Kitten

3gte-7895

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:17 am
I am not used to drawing furries and am probably not very good but I could do a few commissions for gold.

A few examples:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Mordred_destroyer/finished-2.png
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Mordred_destroyer/horse.png
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Mordred_destroyer/creature2.jpg  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:09 am
DesecratedFlame
I am not used to drawing furries and am probably not very good but I could do a few commissions for gold.

A few examples:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Mordred_destroyer/finished-2.png
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Mordred_destroyer/horse.png
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Mordred_destroyer/creature2.jpg

i'd say you're pretty darn good  

Rainey_angel81

FogSage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:05 pm
Yeah, I'd say you're very good. It's incredibly accurate, the positions are amazing....I like it.

How much would you charge? 10k? 20k?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:44 am
Rainey_angel81

i'd say you're pretty darn good

FogSage
Yeah, I'd say you're very good. It's incredibly accurate, the positions are amazing....I like it.

How much would you charge? 10k? 20k?

Thanks. I would probably charge 15k for a drawing of one character in black and white. The only thing is that I am pretty slow. One pic could take a couple weeks since I can only work on them between work and the other things going on in my life.  

3gte-7895

The Hollow-cost

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:52 am
I've tried offering in as many request threads when my shops open, but my shop fills up pretty quick. Then again I'm not that great of an artist so I'm sure that has some effect lol

You can add me to the list if you want, I love doing furry arts o-o
See, I does teh arts  
Art / Writing show and exchange!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas