Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
Is it really right or is it actually against what they wish? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:38 am
Boxman's just presenting the cold hard facts. Telling like it is. It may not be the answer you want to hear, but it may be the answer you will end up abiding by due to the nature of human grief.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:45 pm
Any human interaction has more to it than just what can be explained with words. Some impact is unavoidable when someone dies.

Yes, regarding the initial question, I believe in trying not to fall into sadness after someone's death by suicide. To cry is fine, but not to let it dwell and cause more sadness and grief around.

A close friend died, he had all right to kill himself. Yet in my experience I've found that it angers me how those he loved are just obsessing over his death. No one seems to understand his decision, and neither do they try, it has all turned into a Blame and Guilt situation.

He had good reasons to kil himself, and just couldn't bring others to suffer with his pain, sharing it wasn't going to fix lifetime of abuse and loneliness. I can relate to that, and feel sorry to learn of his pain in life, not for his death.

Isn't it so that we live under masks? "Politics" call it the Osho Zen, even for what we believe to be for the good of others (example), we manipulate and lie to achieve a goal. In the end all this explodes in our face, when we can no longer keep on killing part of ourself for the sake of Politics.

<-- Just a thought.  

AmberGriffon

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:21 am
Masks? No. They may take the form of masks, but masks they're not. What they are is shields. Suicide is when the shield has shattered, and when the person shielded is exposed to the slings and arrows of the world.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:36 pm
suicide is the ultimate form of cowardice. When you do not have the strength to take what the rest of us take day after day, when you no longer have the mental fortitude to take your freaking pills, when you no longer have the guts to go on living..... THEN you take the easy way out.
Living is so much harder than dying....

also, suicide is the best way to tell your loved ones that you never cared about them. If you had, you would have had something to live for.... and your sad, pathetic waste of human tissue would never have taken place.
Leaving people who loved and cared for you to clean up after you when you're gone, to take care of the unavoidable mess (even overdose leaves mess) is to show such lack of respect that it begs the question; did you ever really care yourself?

I've known people who tried, one who suceeded. What little respect I had for them was lost forever by the attempts, and the one who suceeded I no longer waste any emotion on. They didn't think we were worth it, why should I think so of them?  

Lady Rayya

SandcastleBuilder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:36 pm
Thats exactly how i feel except that i think that not everyone knows that they are loved by others and sometimes thats the reason why they commit suicide in the first place. Maybe if we took the time to tell those who we care about that they are important maybe there would be less suicides in the world.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:43 pm
I don't think suicide is cowardly.
My main point is that if things are awful, and dreadfully so, then it would be a shame, in my humble opinion, not to go on. Live. See things improve. Life, I think, is worth living.
b  

Bellabie

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:57 pm
I came to steal your heart away...
In china suicide was the punishment for failing your lord. Suicide is a form of cowardice, I have returned to my mental stability to venture on this thread again as it pains me to see it. A suicide is a attempt to run away from the world in its problems, What we all do is what some people consider too hard. I personally know hardship having been hospitalized several time because of my parents and being hit by things. A suicide survivor will rarely truely recover from what they attempted, The feeling in the mind that you are "unsatisfactory" is one created by the person themself. Depression is usually a self inflicted ailment. Granted some have it harder but I never found out who my father was and a murder attempt on my life by my uncle leaves me feeling pretty strong mentally because I have survived.

If you dont have the will to live I have now taken the stand point to get out of the way. They have tall buildings for a reason and if you want to become another statistic go ahead because my caring for you was spited by you not noticing me. We tell people we love them but they dont listen. The word love is over-used and has lost its majesty and to everyone its just another word we use daily.
...I walked away with a Soul Mate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:00 am
Suicide is not cowardice. It is the opposite extreme. It is what is percieved as self-defense by a mind tiwsted and broken by the world. It is a sword to stave off troubles; it is a Roseeta Stone, to make sense of the Chaos.

Suicide... is insanity. And that, in itself, is not cowardice. It is merely human logic, turned back upon itself with the corruption of the immediate environment.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Bellabie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:17 am
That is an interesting interpretation, dear Master Nightshade.
I agree, though, that suicide is not cowardice.
Surely, they have "given up" life, but this doesn't mean that it was as easy as others. One cannot judge the courage of another based solely upon whether or not they committed such acts.
Life is fragile and, sometimes, people decide that the only way to preserve it is by removing it from the evil (and good) of life.
b  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:29 pm
I came to steal your heart away...
The opinions differ but the results are the same. Let it be insanity or rationality if you would even say. The "Saving grace" of life is but the will to go to someone for help. The twisted human mind is one that needs purification and through death they see a possibility? on that long jump or till you bleed to death you might get clarity but was it worth it! NO!

I wish I could start a !@#@ing rant on this because someone needs to snap out of there wimpy state of mind!

SUICIDE IS NOT AN ESCAPE YOU LUNATICS. YOU MIGHT BE INSANE BUT YOU SEE THE PSYCH WARD PATIENT LIVING EVERYDAY IN A FANTASY BUT AT LEAST THEY STILL HAVE THEIRS!

YOU'LL BURN IN HELL AND YOU WILL ALLWAYS REGRET IT!

argh my rage has subsided...

There are so many things to go both ways on this topic and I dont feel like going through them. Unfortuanantly it pains me more than I imagined to venture back explaining my rant above.

and to answer anyones question why post that? because the world is full of !@#$ing retarded people who need a wake up call and I'll beat them in an inch of there life if they even mention the word suicide around me.

What has this event made me into? I use to try and protect them now Im attacking them...see this is the aftermath of it now learn and dont do it !
...I walked away with a Soul Mate

Dameon the -V-

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Your anger blinds you, young one. Your zeal for life is great, and your courage admirable. However, you wish to force that onto others to appease your own sense of justice, that biased little voice which decides what is right by what sounds good to it. When someone speaks of facing their demons, Dammie-kins, they speak not only of those blatant and bare for all to see. Beware the evils which pass as wonders, for even Shai'tan can don the robes of a minister. Learn to set all feeling aside and face all things for what they are. Learn to cast away the love for the concept and see the beast hiding in it. It is not fai to comapre a suicide victim to a psyche ward patient: There are many flavours of insanity, some more bitter or sweet than others. While one may roam in a land of dreams, another may live nightmares everyday. Is it not admirable to want to end a nightmare? The aftermath is unforseen, but only because those trapped in nightmares seek nothing but escape, and thus blind themselves to all but their cause. It is a standard human trait, turned upon itself in a time of great danger. Humans are built to be suicidal and reckless; our defense mechanisms and methods of love are proof enough. Humans are always risking it all in an attempt to gain it all, be it a heart on the line or a life on the line. It's just the way we are. Deal.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:40 pm
Erm.. Are you alright?
Was it not but two posts ago that you wrote, "Suicide is a form of cowardice?"
I do not know who you directed your comments at, but I certainly hope it was not me.
If I've done something to offend, please say so.
b  

Bellabie

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:43 am
That comment was directed at Dammie-kins.

Yes, Bellabie, I'm quite alright. Or rather, WE'RE quite alright. Multiple personality disorder does have it's advantages. Each one of the people who make up Mobius Nightshade can present a different part of the issue, but equally it is all technically the opinion of just one person. For even Imbalance can create Balance. The one of me who just spoke to Dammie-kins is the one I like to call the Priest. He is an over-righteous goodie-goodie who will reprimand anyone he sees fit. He makes up 12% of our superiority complex. The one you are most accustomed to seeing, however, is the Romantic. The perfect gentleman who has a way with words.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:22 pm
Mobius Nightshade
That comment was directed at Dammie-kins.

Oh, apologies, sir. My comment was directed towards Dammie-kins, also, but I had left and returned whilst the text box was open and did not see your post before mine.

(I think that I prefer the Romantic)
b  

Bellabie

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:58 pm
We knew you would. Well, except for Oblivion. He's learned to forget everything the moment he learns it. But you get the picture.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff