Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Solitary or Coven Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Solitary or Coven?
  Solitary
  Coven
  This'll give me gold if I click it right? Coolios!
View Results

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:03 am
Lady SilveryMoon
Dragoness Arleeana
You guys just havn't found the right covens yet! Covens are meant to tell you what to believe in. You join a coven that has the same beliefs as you. You should all believe in the same things, or you shouldn't be a coven. If you ever find a solitary lineaged Wiccan you could always be initiated by them and start up your own coven.

What exactly was this bad experience SilveryMoon?

It was just a big mess almost as soon as I joined the group and ended with them forbidding me from coming back after I quit. One issue they claimed to have was that I was "acting up" or out just to get attention when in fact I was trying to deal with an at the time a reawakening or strengthening of a gift without realizing what was happening so of course I asked for help trying to understand especially after the tarot card incident. sweatdrop

Ah. Well, covens are very close-knit so when someone new joins them it takes a lot to get on the ins with them. I'm guessing someone didn't like you, or was jeleous for some reason, and it spread. It's better that they kicked you out I think. I wouldn't want to be with a coven that's all talking about me behind my back, that would NOT be good energy.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:04 pm
I'm Solitaire, because it gives me the freedom to grow and discover spiritually on my own terms. Though I do wish for the company of other Pagans. It can be quite lonely when you are the only one who really cares for the Old Religion.  

Skadi-The-Elf

Ruthless Loiterer

17,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:46 am
Before I moved away and moved in with my boyfriend this past summer I had a friend that I was teaching about Wicca. She really liked it and decided she wanted to try practicing it (well, the outer stuff that is, since neither of us was initiated) and so told her mom about it. Her mom is a pretty big christian (either lutheran or catholic, I can't remember) but her mom said it was fine by her, but she had to continue to go to church. We only ended up doing a Litha rite, she was very busy with her cheer and dance team and both of us had school. That rite was wonderful though! I have pictures of us and the altar if anyone is interested! I can post them if you want to see! ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:38 pm
I prefer to learn and practice solitary. It lets me work at my own pace and it allows me to think critically. But I can see the benefit of having a coven around as a support group and source of information.  

fire_mistress_fuega

Lady SilveryMoon

4,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:00 pm
Yeah I can understand about a coven being close nit and about having the support as well, there were a couple who were cool through out it all, one even took me on as a student but it's going to be a long while before I even consider trying to check out a coven. When a club can react that way I'm not sure I want to find out how a true coven would react. I don't want to go through the emotional, mental and physical issues it caused again.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Covens are supposed to be like a family where you can competely trust one another. If you don't feel comfortable with them then you shouldn't be with them.  

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:40 pm
Completely agree. As the saying goes...Perfect Love and Perfect Trust. If you don't have that with your coven, then it is time to move on. Group Rituals and spell work require that everyone be intently focused on the same purpose - that can not be accomplished if you don't get along with the person next to you. Not only does it change the energy in the circle, but you will be distracted by unnecessary thoughts and emotions that will affect your abilities. This is part of the reason for waiting the year and a day before being able to initiate into a coven. They want to make sure (and you should too) that there is a good "fit" between you and the coven.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:21 pm
i'm solatairy, and would love to be part of a coven but can't find one near where i live, it sucks but i guess it's better then nothing  

little miz giggles

Faerth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:47 pm
I'm solitary, but that's just because I'm not so good at the whole 'group' thing... sweatdrop domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:04 am
So just recently I was told that I'm not wiccan because I'm not in a coven. xd

It made me giggle since I'm solitary. I really don't have the time to be in a coven.  

Radioactive Freezer

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:01 pm
You don't have to be in a coven to be Wiccan. What tends to cause all the problems is that traditionally (Gardner's rules), if you have not at some point been initiated by a coven, then you cannot be Wiccan. Since many of us are solitary and have never had access to a coven - this obviously can present a problem.

I personally call myself eclectic Wiccan - in that way I make it clear that I am not Trad. One day I hope I will have the opportunity to join a coven, because I know that there are parts of Wicca that I cannot learn unless I am initiated, but until then I wil have to content myself with the solitary life!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:00 pm
For now am I solitary, but I hope to soon join a coven in the next couple of years.  

Tari_Leralonde

Doxa Theou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:03 pm
Solitary, but I am curious as to what it may be like in a coven.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:35 pm
User Image

Sometimes when you get what you want,
you end up missing what you left behind.

I personally prefer solitary because it gives me the freedom of practicing when and where I want to. Also, it gives me the liberty to practice the way i want to with out feeling embarrassed or pressured.

Whether it's your friends,
or time spent with your family.

Or even the music you used to hear in your head.

User Image  

k u r a b e a r_x

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games