Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:59 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Her problem wasn't that it wasn't labeled 'hot', it was that the coffee was served at 180°F. That's only 30° below BOILING. Hot is 100°. It's just not physically possible for the vast majority of people to drink it that hot without injuring themselves, and the rest would be crazy to enjoy it.

Quote:
That Cruise control = Autopilot moron should have died. But then the family would have gone all 'woe are us' s**t and 'keke u giv moneh!'
Actually, that one's an urban legend. It never happened.
Well suing someone for making a drink too warm is even worse. As for the cruise control I just took the dumbest stories I heard from the top of my head.
It's a very well-spread urban legend, and not many people know it's false. It's kind of like how when we were kids, we thought the Civil War was all about slavery.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:03 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel

Ah ok then.

Talking about commercials?

I hate the ones where they're extremely loud.

Seems to be the ones for Direct TV (our current supplier of Satellite TV), the UFC fighting ads, PPV and a bunch of others.

I have it down low enough so that the commercials don't make my ears bleed then when the show comes back I miss part of the dialogue because I can't hear d**k! With all these damn commercials I can't stop ******** around with the damn remote.
Set it down after turning it up, then suddenly commercial *EXPLOSION* (it's awesome how those PPV ads do that.) *ear bleeding* *fumbling with the remote and finally hitting the mute button.*
Someone should bring that through to the courts and force those ******** to normalize the audio and stop that s**t, because they're doing it for only one reason, to get people's attention. Much like those FBags at KFC used that Mosquito ringtone in the one ad to get kids to go, "WTF?" it also made my dogs bark like crazy.

I sent an e-mail to KFC and they sent me a response in snailmail. wtf?
Anyway, it's around here somewhere I think, I'll have to dig it up.

http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/sightings/mosquito-ring-tone-kfc-commercial/

That's the commercial in question.
Actually regulation of audio shouldn't have to go to court. That should just be common sense. I hate how so many "common sense" things go to court like how coffee spilled in your lap apparently burns, how you can't just set cruise control in your car and take a nap, how McDonalds might make you fat. It's all just stupid.

We have Dish Network right now. Actually I find it stupid. When we first got Dish Network we got an a** load of commercials telling us to switch to Dish Network to save tons of cash. Eventually we switched to Direct TV and got lots of commercials telling us we would save money switching to Direct TV. We switched back to Dish Network now we're getting tons of commercials telling us we will save money switching to Dish Network. Just how are we going to save money switching to a system we already have? neutral
The Hot Coffee lawsuit is actually pretty similar to the commercial volume thing. Her point wasn't that it burned her so much as that it was unnecessarily hot and nobody could possibly enjoy drinking it at that temperature.
I still think it's stupid to sue over that.

Ober: I don't really notice quiet tv with loud commercials on Dish, but I didn't notice it when I had direct TV either.
I find it stupid she HAD to sue. You'd think McDonalds' would have thought "our coffee machines keep our coffee at 180° even after it's finished brewing. Nobody could possibly drink it that hot, and it might cause injuries even more severe than normal hot coffee would."

Personally, I get pissed that when I order hot chocolate at a restaurant, I can't drink it for 30 minutes because it's served at that same near-boiling, in a ceramic cup, with an insulating layer of whipped cream, AND I have a sensitive mouth.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:16 pm
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel

Ah ok then.

Seems to be the ones for Direct TV (our current supplier of Satellite TV), the UFC fighting ads, PPV and a bunch of others.

I have it down low enough so that the commercials don't make my ears bleed then when the show comes back I miss part of the dialogue because I can't hear d**k! With all these damn commercials I can't stop ******** around with the damn remote.
Set it down after turning it up, then suddenly commercial *EXPLOSION* (it's awesome how those PPV ads do that.) *ear bleeding* *fumbling with the remote and finally hitting the mute button.*
Someone should bring that through to the courts and force those ******** to normalize the audio and stop that s**t, because they're doing it for only one reason, to get people's attention. Much like those FBags at KFC used that Mosquito ringtone in the one ad to get kids to go, "WTF?" it also made my dogs bark like crazy.

http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/sightings/mosquito-ring-tone-kfc-commercial/

Actually regulation of audio shouldn't have to go to court. That should just be common sense. I hate how so many "common sense" things go to court like how coffee spilled in your lap apparently burns, how you can't just set cruise control in your car and take a nap, how McDonalds might make you fat. It's all just stupid.

We have Dish Network right now. Actually I find it stupid. When we first got Dish Network we got an a** load of commercials telling us to switch to Dish Network to save tons of cash. Eventually we switched to Direct TV and got lots of commercials telling us we would save money switching to Direct TV. We switched back to Dish Network now we're getting tons of commercials telling us we will save money switching to Dish Network. Just how are we going to save money switching to a system we already have? neutral
The Hot Coffee lawsuit is actually pretty similar to the commercial volume thing. Her point wasn't that it burned her so much as that it was unnecessarily hot and nobody could possibly enjoy drinking it at that temperature.
I still think it's stupid to sue over that.

Ober: I don't really notice quiet tv with loud commercials on Dish, but I didn't notice it when I had direct TV either.
I find it stupid she HAD to sue. You'd think McDonalds' would have thought "our coffee machines keep our coffee at 180° even after it's finished brewing. Nobody could possibly drink it that hot, and it might cause injuries even more severe than normal hot coffee would."

Personally, I get pissed that when I order hot chocolate at a restaurant, I can't drink it for 30 minutes because it's served at that same near-boiling, in a ceramic cup, with an insulating layer of whipped cream, AND I have a sensitive mouth.

Amen to that.

And you're constantly plagued with the question, "Is it ready yet?"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:06 pm
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Her problem wasn't that it wasn't labeled 'hot', it was that the coffee was served at 180°F. That's only 30° below BOILING. Hot is 100°. It's just not physically possible for the vast majority of people to drink it that hot without injuring themselves, and the rest would be crazy to enjoy it.

Quote:
That Cruise control = Autopilot moron should have died. But then the family would have gone all 'woe are us' s**t and 'keke u giv moneh!'
Actually, that one's an urban legend. It never happened.
Well suing someone for making a drink too warm is even worse. As for the cruise control I just took the dumbest stories I heard from the top of my head.
It's a very well-spread urban legend, and not many people know it's false. It's kind of like how when we were kids, we thought the Civil War was all about slavery.
Well the Civil War thing is because of history not being taught well.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:35 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel

Ah ok then.

People laugh in the face of common sense, if it gets people's attention they'll do it unless it will definitely get them sued. When they figure out or know that you use common sense they play it and ******** with you by being dicks.
We're dealing with people that are emotionally, and intellectually equivalent to 3rd graders and that's why we need, and in other cases have to, bring things to court.

The coffee that I drink is at one point too hot to drink, that's why I wait and blow on it.

So yeah, instead of having coffee how I want it, slightly below scalding, I have to drink it well below scalding because some retard spilled her coffee, burned herself, and sued because the lid didn't say it was hot and because no one can drink it at that temperature?
WTF.

So they're just going to argue semantics and hope that the judge hits him or herself on their own head with their gavel until they're just as retarded and agrees with them?

So is someone going to, or already have, sue Betty Crocker or the other instant bake stuff because they burn themselves by eating the damn thing straight out of the oven?
It's going to be ******** hot.

I was talking with my friend's dad about lawsuits and with 3M there are a ton of lawsuits that the company just settles out of court because highering their lawyers would be more expensive than the less than $100,000 it would take to just settle.

People have tried to sue because a product doesn't work right, because they're using it wrong, or the dumb ******** sprayed themselves in the eyes.
Despite the obvious warning lables they still got a settlement and still got money for their mental retardation. I just hope one of the side effects of said chemical is sterilization.

I accidentally got some of that 'Magical Red Stuff' or whatever it's called for losening rusted bolts into my eyes.
It stung like hell but I didn't go and sue the company.

I guess to get a lot of money you have to be a complete douchebag.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:41 pm
OberFeldwebel
So they're just going to argue semantics and hope that the judge hits him or herself on their own head with their gavel until they're just as retarded and agrees with them?

So is someone going to, or already have, sue Betty Crocker or the other instant bake stuff because they burn themselves by eating the damn thing straight out of the oven?

I was talking with my friend's dad about lawsuits and with 3M there are a ton of lawsuits that the company just settles out of court because highering their lawyers would be more expensive than the less than $100,000 it would take to just settle.

People have tried to sue because a product doesn't work right, because they're using it wrong, or the dumb ******** sprayed themselves in the eyes.
Despite the obvious warning lables they still got a settlement and still got money for their mental retardation. I just hope one of the side effects of said chemical is sterilization.
No wonder the Nazis wanted to eliminate the mentally retarded...  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:46 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel

Hmm, indeed.

A bit harsh of a way to go about it though.

In this day I can't think of one way you could do it without rallying a croud, it's just unethical.

Putting them on reservations?
No, they'd call them concentration camps.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:55 pm
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel

Hmm, indeed.

In this day I can't think of one way you could do it without rallying a croud, it's just unethical.

That's what happens when you put emotion ahead of logic. Breeding restrictions would be a good way to regulate the problem. If people who had genetic diseases like muscular dystrophy, mental retardation, and epilepsy were not allowed to reproduce then the frequency of these problems occurring would be much less. It wouldn't be completely eradicated because of recessive genes, but it would be less likely. Then you of course have people complaining saying they should have the right to raise children. Now if I recall there was a retarded couple that had a kid. The state let them keep the kid. They threw the kid around like a football and the kid died. They were tried as children because of their mental state. Now don't get me wrong. That's not to say that nobody with a genetic disorder should be allowed to raise kids. If someone has muscular dystrophy they could always adopt. This would help get more kids adopted who need adopting which is another bonus. Also with selective breeding there should be a limit placed on the number of kids you have. Having 12 kids like some families do will just keep contributing to the over population problem.

I could probably go on and on with this, but I've probably said something to piss someone in here off so I'll stop before I piss anyone off anymore.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:12 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel

Hmm, indeed.

That's what happens when you put emotion ahead of logic. Breeding restrictions would be a good way to regulate the problem. If people who had genetic diseases like muscular dystrophy, mental retardation, and epilepsy were not allowed to reproduce then the frequency of these problems occurring would be much less. It wouldn't be completely eradicated because of recessive genes, but it would be less likely. Then you of course have people complaining saying they should have the right to raise children. Now if I recall there was a retarded couple that had a kid. The state let them keep the kid. They threw the kid around like a football and the kid died. They were tried as children because of their mental state. Now don't get me wrong. That's not to say that nobody with a genetic disorder should be allowed to raise kids. If someone has muscular dystrophy they could always adopt. This would help get more kids adopted who need adopting which is another bonus. Also with selective breeding there should be a limit placed on the number of kids you have. Having 12 kids like some families do will just keep contributing to the over population problem.

I could probably go on and on with this, but I've probably said something to piss someone in here off so I'll stop before I piss anyone off anymore.

They'll call what you're suggesting 'Eugenics' and you know who is taking the credit for that. Although it made small appearances in other countries including the US.
Although it's merely to weed out mental and physical disorders, they'll claim that you're trying to make the Blonde hair Blue eyed master race.

When emotion is put well before logic things get seriously ******** the one thing I didn't like too much about Gene Roddenbury, he was totally against Eugenics in any degree.
See the episode; Plato's Stepchildren.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:19 pm
OberFeldwebel

They'll call what you're suggesting 'Eugenics' and you know who is taking the credit for that. Although it made small appearances in other countries including the US.
Although it's merely to weed out mental and physical disorders, they'll claim that you're trying to make the Blonde hair Blue eyed master race.

When emotion is put well before logic things get seriously ******** the one thing I didn't like too much about Gene Roddenbury, he was totally against Eugenics in any degree.
See the episode; Plato's Stepchildren.
The only way a master race could be created is if we could use science to somehow collect all the best genetic attributes from all races and use it to make a new life form.

That would probably just turn into this...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:39 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel

Ah ok then.

People laugh in the face of common sense, if it gets people's attention they'll do it unless it will definitely get them sued. When they figure out or know that you use common sense they play it and ******** with you by being dicks.
We're dealing with people that are emotionally, and intellectually equivalent to 3rd graders and that's why we need, and in other cases have to, bring things to court.

The coffee that I drink is at one point too hot to drink, that's why I wait and blow on it.

So yeah, instead of having coffee how I want it, slightly below scalding, I have to drink it well below scalding because some retard spilled her coffee, burned herself, and sued because the lid didn't say it was hot and because no one can drink it at that temperature?
WTF.

You buy coffee to drink it, not to let it sit. You want to be able to take the cup from the clerk and have a sip straight off, and still be able to taste things for the rest of the day. Is that really so much to ask?

Quote:
Well one, those do have a warning on the box, and two, there's a chemical change that happens at so many degrees which causes the food to 'bake'. There's a REASON to make it that hot. You can mix coffee at room temperature. Hell, my mom makes iced coffee all the time.

Quote:
They need a 'cheap stuff' lawyer who works for less than 100k and is good enough to argue the 'no s**t' stuff, or to start countersuing for court expenses.

Quote:

I accidentally got some of that 'Magical Red Stuff' or whatever it's called for losening rusted bolts into my eyes.
It stung like hell but I didn't go and sue the company.
I've done that too. I hit a U-shaped surface and it got me right in the face. xd

Quote:
I guess to get a lot of money you have to be a complete douchebag.
Or find a genuine c***k in the system. Or get... 'lucky', like getting attacked by your neighbor's dog on your own property. Not exactly lucky, but due to the circumstances you could sue for quite a bit.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:40 pm
Anima_Raptor
Fresnel

Amen to that.

And the only way to find out is to take the plunge and risk second degree burns in your mouth.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:43 pm
Fresnel
Anima_Raptor
Fresnel

Amen to that.

And the only way to find out is to take the plunge and risk second degree burns in your mouth.
I did that once. I was at a Chinese restaurant. I was drinking the tea which was insanely hot. I knew it was insanely hot. I don't know why, but I suddenly forgot that little detail and tried to gulp my tea down. At least I knew it was my own fault when it burned like hell.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:45 pm
[quote="OberFeldwebel"They'll call what you're suggesting 'Eugenics' and you know who is taking the credit for that. Doesn't matter what you call it, it is what it is. Any way of intentionally altering the genetic makeup of future generations is eugenics. Whether it's bad or not is a different story.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:46 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Anima_Raptor
Fresnel

Amen to that.

I did that once. I was at a Chinese restaurant. I was drinking the tea which was insanely hot. I knew it was insanely hot. I don't know why, but I suddenly forgot that little detail and tried to gulp my tea down. At least I knew it was my own fault when it burned like hell.
I can't say I've ever done that. The problem in my eyes is that once you wait fifteen minutes, you ask yourself 'is it cool enough to drink yet?' and the only way to tell is to take a sip.

The answer is always no.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces