Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Graphic Makers [TGM]

Back to Guilds

A guild where graphic designers / webpage builders can enjoy each others company. 

Tags: graphic, profile, web design, photoshop, design 

Reply The Graphic Makers
My banners. please give me your opinions. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Kiza Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:19 pm
I think that everything that's needed to be said has already been said, but I'd just like to point out that even if you're not allowed to download GIMP (a problem I hear frequently), if you have Microsoft Word on your computer, it's actually possible to combine that and MS paint to make some pretty swell graphics (especially if you have the 2007 version!). PM me if you're interested more about that - I'm perfectly willing to make a few tutorials for you that show the techniques I used before getting GIMP.

And in response to lucasb3 - GIMP indeed has its own version of the magnetic lasso, if I'm correct. Try using the Scissors-Select tool, hmm? (: It's the one shaped like a pair of scissors. xD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:59 pm
Well, for a starter..It's normal to use Microsoft paint. I suggest that you use online photo editors to make the quality better...Hope this helps =)  

xxLianne

4,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

iamsocrazy25

Dapper Dabbler

8,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:40 pm
I know this topic is old...but...I thought I'd put in my two cents.

For one, (as others have said) DO NOT USE PAINT.

I, myself, use Paint.NET. It is very similar to Gimp and works the same as Photoshop. Plus, it's free.

Save in PNG format.

I think that's it. You have good ideas...but you need some work.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:37 pm
Awww so many people are being mean to MSPaint. I have to say that it is not honestly the best program to use in relation to graphics, especially banners but i can assure you i have seen some masterpieces done with simple old paint.

I currently use paint as my main graphics program however i only use it for buttons and faders, both very simple, i also use animation shop but only in relation to animation. I would not like to attempt banners with it honestly and it is much easier to create good banners in other programs. I have photoshop however my computer is very slow and has issues dealing with it.

I wish you the best of luck making graphics in the future and i think everyone has provided you with wonderful feedback.
These are just my opinions and i felt i should defend paint a little hehe.

Hello rain i don't think here is particularly the right place to just chat so i'm editing this but i'm fine thanks, feel free to drop in and chat again sometime.

UnMistakably Mist

-Repentz

O.G. GO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:44 pm
hmm still using MP?
get GIMP its free and as close to photoshop as you can get.. i have it and use it for all my banners =]  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:47 pm
IndigoMist
Awww so many people are being mean to MSPaint. I have to say that it is not honestly the best program to use in relation to graphics, especially banners but i can assure you i have seen some masterpieces done with simple old paint.

I currently use paint as my main graphics program however i only use it for buttons and faders, both very simple, i also use animation shop but only in relation to animation. I would not like to attempt banners with it honestly and it is much easier to create good banners in other programs. I have photoshop however my computer is very slow and has issues dealing with it.

I wish you the best of luck making graphics in the future and i think everyone has provided you with wonderful feedback.
These are just my opinions and i felt i should defend paint a little hehe.
MIST what up??
havent bumpped your shop in a while =o  

-Repentz

O.G. GO

The Graphic Makers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items