yes
  maybe
View Results

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:46 pm
xoxall4godxox
Thanks guys.
Yeah it was a joke.
I know I'm not like a vampire(btw I was the one that made that topic) but I was kidding. Like I said before, it was a joke. What gets me is when people take things overboard!!! Like this! Who cares if it's popular?! It's not a big deal! Jeez guys grow up.
how do i need to grow up?
i get angry because people are ruining something for me..
you'd get angry too
and i asked if anyone agreed..
not if anyone disagreed  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:56 pm
Yeah i forgot what I said earlier and I may contradict myself but, I've had a nearly perfect record on converting people. Only one person didnt like it(he was a guy) but in converting, I got them into muse ^_^. Yeah, noobieness annoys me, but I was embracing the twilight revolution. Hell, I was helping it happen. Is it wrong for other people to like it? Keep in mind I was picky about who read it (why would I let YOU destroy my perfect copy? : P)  

Zirumi

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:04 pm
I agree with xoxall4godxox. Who cares if it's popular? What should really matter to a true fan of something isn't how popular it is; it's that they like it and ignore what other people say.

You'll run into jerks and people who only are into something because it's popular, but if you just give up on something it's kind of like you never were a real fan of it in the first place. You just liked it because it was new and relatively unknown; and it made you feel special that you liked something like that.

And xbookxwormx? If you don't want people debating these things, then don't post about them on a forum. People are going to debate about it whether you like it or not. It's called free will.

Why are we getting angry? You are a member of this guild, you're still a fan of the series. Who cares how popular it is? What SHOULD matter (note the emphasis on should people) is you're feelings on it, and whether or not you like it. Who cares about the popularity of something? Shallow people.

You're a fan and you were there first and you enjoy it. THAT should be what really matters; nothing else. Not how popular something is, or how many n00bs there are out there. It's whether or not you like it or not that matters.

END RANT.

Twilight.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:20 am
Twilight Scribe
I agree with xoxall4godxox. Who cares if it's popular? What should really matter to a true fan of something isn't how popular it is; it's that they like it and ignore what other people say.

You'll run into jerks and people who only are into something because it's popular, but if you just give up on something it's kind of like you never were a real fan of it in the first place. You just liked it because it was new and relatively unknown; and it made you feel special that you liked something like that.

And xbookxwormx? If you don't want people debating these things, then don't post about them on a forum. People are going to debate about it whether you like it or not. It's called free will.

Why are we getting angry? You are a member of this guild, you're still a fan of the series. Who cares how popular it is? What SHOULD matter (note the emphasis on should people) is you're feelings on it, and whether or not you like it. Who cares about the popularity of something? Shallow people.

You're a fan and you were there first and you enjoy it. THAT should be what really matters; nothing else. Not how popular something is, or how many n00bs there are out there. It's whether or not you like it or not that matters.

END RANT.

Twilight.
well, just because i get annoyed that more people are starting to like doesn't mean that i wasn't a true fan
that's another thing that pisses me off
how do you know if i'm a true fan or not?
you don't know me.
if i wasn't a "true" fan i wouldn't have joined the guild in the first place
and maybe i wouldn't have gotten as defensive with the 4god lady person if she didn't insult me
if you're going to disagree with someone, do it gracefully, she didn't
and she pissed me off.
so i got defensive.
and i'm certainly not shallow, i'm too fat to be shallow thank you very much  

xbookxwormx

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:46 am
If a book gets popular, I don't mind. I like it when other people can enjoy the same things I can. HOWEVER, when a book, band, series, celebrity, or basically anything gets so popular to the point that posers, teenies/fangirls, and noobs start claiming to be the original fans and the biggest fans, thinking they know everything about it, THAT'S what pisses me off. The Twilight Revolution isn't too big of a deal to me. It's not happening too drastically down here. I got... two people into it because they asked to borrow the book from me. And neither have become overly obsessed with the series. Now, when a person starts to go into a guild forum and post "OMGZ, lyk3 Jake issssssss soooooooo HAWT! He ShOuLd Be WiTh BeLlA, NoT EdWaRd", or "Yeah, I'm just like Edward Cullen, worship me!", then I get defensive and pissed off and really start to get seriously annoyed. It's the same thing with bands like AFI or My Chemical Romance, who have teenies and posers running the streets pretending to be the biggest fans because "GeRaLd Issssss So HAWT!" or "Miss Murder ROCKS!". Sorry, but I had to put in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:04 am
Hardcore Mosher
If a book gets popular, I don't mind. I like it when other people can enjoy the same things I can. HOWEVER, when a book, band, series, celebrity, or basically anything gets so popular to the point that posers, teenies/fangirls, and noobs start claiming to be the original fans and the biggest fans, thinking they know everything about it, THAT'S what pisses me off. The Twilight Revolution isn't too big of a deal to me. It's not happening too drastically down here. I got... two people into it because they asked to borrow the book from me. And neither have become overly obsessed with the series. Now, when a person starts to go into a guild forum and post "OMGZ, lyk3 Jake issssssss soooooooo HAWT! He ShOuLd Be WiTh BeLlA, NoT EdWaRd", or "Yeah, I'm just like Edward Cullen, worship me!", then I get defensive and pissed off and really start to get seriously annoyed. It's the same thing with bands like AFI or My Chemical Romance, who have teenies and posers running the streets pretending to be the biggest fans because "GeRaLd Issssss So HAWT!" or "Miss Murder ROCKS!". Sorry, but I had to put in my opinion.
haha that's exactly my point. I went to a book signing w/ Stephanie Meyer and I saw all these like teenie-boppers that were all annoying and I'm like...oh god. The Twilight Series isn't very huge in my school though. Probably because people in my school are too dumb to read. stare  

xbookxwormx

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:09 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I don't think the Twilight Series has reached my school either. Just my group of friends and probably a few other random people..

But like..I was in this store a couple of weeks ago and I hear these people talking about Twilight.
"Like, oh my god. Have you read this book? Edward is the main character and he's like so hot and he's like a vampire but not really a vampire because he doesn't suck people's blood. Like, I just read the second book New Blood a week ago and it's sooo good. I'm like such a huge fan of it now. You guys should totally buy this"

I wa slike WHAT THE ********??? Except not really out loud because my 10 year old cousin was beside me...But..holy crap, I wanted to ******** b***h slap that girl..
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:12 am
Not really. Sure, it has become a popular series among common readers, but if you ask a majority of your friends or family, they will most likely say they never heard of it, maybe because they don't read. When I carried the books with me, a lot of the girls ask me what the books are about, not really caring about actually READING it. Thus I reply with the statement "Read and then you'll know", but I know that these are the same girls who got me back into reading. These girls got me into the Vampire Chronicles series by Anne Rice and "Blood and Chocolate". If they don't know what the Twilight series are like, then you'd figure that this series isn't AS popular as you think, but just among those who read it. However, the entire country are bound to know about the series when the movie comes out...whenever that will be.
<3

xX_Marth_Lowell_Xx

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:43 am
KiraLight
I don't think the Twilight Series has reached my school either. Just my group of friends and probably a few other random people..

But like..I was in this store a couple of weeks ago and I hear these people talking about Twilight.
"Like, oh my god. Have you read this book? Edward is the main character and he's like so hot and he's like a vampire but not really a vampire because he doesn't suck people's blood. Like, I just read the second book New Blood a week ago and it's sooo good. I'm like such a huge fan of it now. You guys should totally buy this"

I wa slike WHAT THE f**k??? Except not really out loud because my 10 year old cousin was beside me...But..holy crap, I wanted to ******** b***h slap that girl..
wow..what idiots! stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:25 pm
KiraLight

I wa slike WHAT THE ********??? Except not really out loud because my 10 year old cousin was beside me...But..holy crap, I wanted to ******** b***h slap that girl..

OMFG, you should have asked her trivial questions such as "Who was the leader of the Wolf pack?" or "What chapter does Alice reappear?" to expose her as the idiot who never read the book.
How dare she disgrace the name of "New Moon"! Spark notes and using other people's knowledge is cheating a way into something she's apparently not into!
<3

xX_Marth_Lowell_Xx

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:49 pm
If I actually confronted her it would have probably ended up in me beating up her a**. I was glaring at them through the bookshelves. Ugh, I was so angry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:52 pm
KiraLight
If I actually confronted her it would have probably ended up in me beating up her a**. I was glaring at them through the bookshelves. Ugh, I was so angry

you should have. if i were there, i would have helped you. haha.
<3

xX_Marth_Lowell_Xx

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:03 pm
KiraLight
I would've been angry too.
That is pure idiocy!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:52 pm
xbookxwormx
xoxall4godxox
Thanks guys.
Yeah it was a joke.
I know I'm not like a vampire(btw I was the one that made that topic) but I was kidding. Like I said before, it was a joke. What gets me is when people take things overboard!!! Like this! Who cares if it's popular?! It's not a big deal! Jeez guys grow up.
you'd get angry too
not if anyone disagreed

You're getting all upity about people liking the book.
That's not very mature, I don't think.
Who's ruining something for you?

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:17 pm
xoxall4godxox
xbookxwormx
xoxall4godxox
Thanks guys.
Yeah it was a joke.
you'd get angry too
not if anyone disagreed

You're getting all upity about people liking the book.
That's not very mature, I don't think.
Who's ruining something for you?
the people that are ruining it or just being plain stupid is the people KiraLight have mentioned
they are retarded
I'm not mad that people are liking the book
i'm mad that people are being stupid about the book
obviously you need to read things more carefully
before you go insulting people
evil  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers