Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Winter Anime 2007/2008 [NEWFLASH- RECOMMENDED ANIMES] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:11 pm
SamuraiHuynh
Onicept
SamuraiHuynh
I watched episode one and two of Gunslinger Girl IL Teatrino. I have to say that I'm rather disappointed because most of the characters changed especially Henrietta.
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

It is what happens when you change the animating team.

...at least you have influence.

I don't mind the animation/style change but Henrietta's personality changed. She acts like a typical loli.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

And when you change directors....that's what you get. They are trying to go with last year's and this year's Anime fashion statement.

Loli-like Characters.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:28 pm
Onicept
SamuraiHuynh
Onicept
SamuraiHuynh
I watched episode one and two of Gunslinger Girl IL Teatrino. I have to say that I'm rather disappointed because most of the characters changed especially Henrietta.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

I don't mind the animation/style change but Henrietta's personality changed. She acts like a typical loli.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

And when you change directors....that's what you get. They are trying to go with last year's and this year's Anime fashion statement.

Loli-like Characters.

All I can do now is make a sad face.  

00NINE-1
Crew

Miyamoto Haruhiko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:01 pm
Shigures Editor
Kimi ga Nozumu Eien
After three years’ coma, Suzumiya Haruka comes to

AHAHAHA. I totally wtf'd when I saw that. btw, hasn't this already been made into an anime? e___O

Yes but this time it's from Haruka's point of view IIRC.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:19 pm
SamuraiHuynh
Onicept
SamuraiHuynh
Onicept
SamuraiHuynh
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Loli-like Characters.

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Try harder. I can't see it. xD

Onicept
Captain

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:14 am
Onicept
SamuraiHuynh
Onicept
SamuraiHuynh
Onicept
SamuraiHuynh
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Loli-like Characters.

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Try harder. I can't see it. xD

gonk biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:42 pm
Why the hell is Rosario to Vampire on that recommended anime list and True Tears isn't. Rosario to Vampire was seriously outdated. It would pass as good maybe in 06, but now...it's not so great considering it's Gonzo who gave us the great comedies Seto no Hanayome and Welcome to the N.H.K. to resort to some ecchi anime like that D:

I think that's their first true ecchi series D:

And Shigofumi and Shinigami no Ballad aren't similar. They have chibi shinigami...that's pretty much it Dx

I was also seriously disappointed in H20 D:

And I'm also sorry if any of this came off as rude domokun

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

kokolao

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:39 am
haruhi suzumiya rocks  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:15 am
SirBaka
Why the hell is Rosario to Vampire on that recommended anime list and True Tears isn't. Rosario to Vampire was seriously outdated. It would pass as good maybe in 06, but now...it's not so great considering it's Gonzo who gave us the great comedies Seto no Hanayome and Welcome to the N.H.K. to resort to some ecchi anime like that D:

And Shigofumi and Shinigami no Ballad aren't similar. They have chibi shinigami...that's pretty much it Dx

I think it's because I wrote that in the middle of the season.

True Tears is on the list, it's the first thing there. I recommended Rosario+Vampire for people who enjoy watching ecchi. I thoroughly enjoyed Rosario+Vampire for the ecchi. I absolutely love ecchi anime so I'm bias. Also Rosario+Vampire was green-lighted for another season so Gonzo must have done something right.

I wouldn't recommend H20 now that I watched the entire anime unless someone want to watch a rather average romance drama with a TRAP...

Shinigami no Ballad and Shigofumi is similar. Both deals with death and the people left behind. Both rather dark except Shinigami no Ballad is lighter. Both involve supernatural females and sidekick observing the live of others. Momo and Mika have similar characteristics, white hair and somewhat indifferent demeanor. Both anime are mostly episodic in nature. Yes, they are similar.

I'm too lazy to change H20.  

00NINE-1
Crew

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:29 am
00NINE-1
SirBaka

I think it's because I wrote that in the middle of the season.

True Tears is on the list, it's the first thing there. I recommended Rosario+Vampire for people who enjoy watching ecchi. I thoroughly enjoyed Rosario+Vampire for the ecchi. I absolutely love ecchi anime so I'm bias. Also Rosario+Vampire was green-lighted for another season so Gonzo must have done something right.

I wouldn't recommend H20 now that I watched the entire anime unless someone want to watch a rather average romance drama with a TRAP...

Shinigami no Ballad and Shigofumi is similar. Both deals with death and the people left behind. Both rather dark except Shinigami no Ballad is lighter. Both involve supernatural females and sidekick observing the live of others. Momo and Mika have similar characteristics, white hair and somewhat indifferent demeanor. Both anime are mostly episodic in nature. Yes, they are similar.

I'm too lazy to change H20.
Hopefully. H20 was roadkill from the start in my opinion. The seiyuu's got ripped off soemthing that would rock our souls @_@

It didn't! D<

Even for ecchi, it wasn't that great. So many better Ecchi anime's like He Is My Master or, hell, even Girls Bravo was better than Rosario to Vampire.

Though, the upcoming Kanokon, the newest ecchi anime on the block, seems interesting ;o

And seriously? Green lighted? What the hell Gonzo? D:
Give us something good already with an actual story crying

H2O is slightly below the cutting line, with a ridiculous plotline and bad animation. If you want a good trap character (gawd I love traps~) Hayate no Gotoku is the way to go~

And possibly My-HiME as well domokun

Shinigami no Ballad deals with bringing people to the afterlife. Shigofumi deals with the leftover emotions that the death have and need to be told to the living world. Shinigami no Ballad is more of those "death is good" type deals while Shigofumi is more of a "death is reality." type deals. Shigofumi is way more original than what Shinigami no Ballad is. domokun

And yes, I do have to admit, they do have similarities. But in terms of the raw plotline, they are two totally different anime dealing with the universal term of death.

Gah. It bugs me D:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:25 am
haruhi rocks!!!  

kokolao

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:17 am
Kokolao, stop spamming. Yes, we do know Haruhi rocks so give it a break.

Well, H20 was an adaptation of a visual novel and there is only so much you can do with visual novel adaptation. I didn't find the story to be ridiculous, it was just average. The story is what I came to expect coming from a visual novel. They also managed to throw in two little twist at the end. I don't enjoy traps since they make me feel dirty inside. Like when watching Shion no Ou and finding out Ayumi was a trap. Manly tears crying

I don't think My-Hime had any traps.

In case you need proof of Rosario+Vampire season two. ANN

In terms of ecchi, I don't think which is good or bad. I think of it in terms of which one has more ecchi. Yes, Rosario+Vampire is quite tame. Girls Bravo better than Rosario... That's stretching it quite far. It doesn't really matter what we, outsiders, think because Gonzo cares mostly about Japanese viewers since they are viewing it legit. Japanese viewers must have like what they saw in Rosario+Vampire.

The thing that piss me off is this whole "LOL GONZO" crap. If someone does not like Gonzo then don't watch their shows. It's as simple as that. This whole bandwagon fallacy is annoying which is typical of anonymous. It's like people are afraid to enjoy shows anymore and rely on the bandwagon. I think Gonzo likes style over substance and nothing is wrong with that. Gonzo provides a lot of anime that are just mindless fun and zero thinking involved like summer blockbuster movies.

I'm preaching but I bashed my fair share of anime like the recent CLANNAD. stare

If you wanna see a nice extreme ecchi anime then Amaenaide yo! is for you. IMHO, Amaenaide yo! blast most ecchi anime out of the waters. Although my Green Green collection is still waiting to be watched.

I never said that Shinigami and Shigofumi were exact. The theme was death. Even if the two have a different universal term of death, it doesn't change the fact that it deals with death. You could always think of Shinigami as the prequel and Shigofumi as the sequel. Momo taking people away and Mika delivering their last letter.

I typed a lot. Didn't mean to make it so large.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:52 am
Well, look at what KyoAni did with CLANNAD. They mixed it up from the original game. Like for instance, the scene where Tomoya and Nagisa were under the tree is when Tomoya asked if they could go out and then they hugged at the end. There was no hugging in the anime as they were still in the whole Tomoyo and Kyou arc.

And I think that the Tomoyo tennis match thing was a complete anime original thing o-o;;

Don't quote me on that though.

I personally love traps. They are so fun, though it psyched me out at the end hearing he was having a baby...err...he was the father of a baby o.X

Yeah, that one person with the frog child and the dagger. The ninja person that loved Mai's brother 3nodding

Well damn D:

Ecchi, I'm perfectly fine with ecchi if there is a good story involved. Guy going to a school of demons...Original.
True true, but with Gonzo having the partnership with Crunchyroll, it pretty much means that Gonzo is having thought of english viewers too. They are giving us legit subbed anime for free streamed.

And yeah, I've seen worse anime get second seasons. So really, after thinking about it, I'm not too surprised @_@

Actually, I'm a good fan of Gonzo actually. They did Seto no Hanayome, probably one of my favorite anime. Welcome to the N.H.K. is up there as well. Did either of them need ecchi to be great? No, not really. Sure, they has some ecchi in it, but that was for full humor. Sure, you could possibly say that's the same thing in Rosario to Vampire, but the way I see it. Gross-out humor in the states = mass ecchiness in Japan. If South Park is popular over there, then Rosario must be popular over there. What can I say?

And I was hating on the anime, not the studio. I'm just sad that the studio had gone and done that series. D:

And I like mindless fun. I just don't like mindless ecchi. D;

CLANNAD isn't over yet. People who have played the visual novel have said over and over again that the After Story is the best part of the game, and it's probably one of the only reasons people actually played/watched the original CLANNAD in the first place.

And I hated both those anime. And Green Green is more ecchi than Amaenaide yo! trust me, I've seen it. You can't get more ecchi than a fat guy who is willing to copy his boob onto a sheet of paper with ink and then masturbate to it pretending it's a girl's boob. I don't exactly think anything is gonna beat that o-o;;

I guess it's personal opinion? I suppose that's true, but really they're different sides of the same coin. And heads and tails are two different things, even though their from the same coin. So yes, they are similar, but they aren't the same at the same time.

Don't worry. I love having debates with people 3nodding

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:19 pm
Yeah, they can change or add scenes to an anime adaptation but if they do that too much people would end up flaming for not sticking closely to the original story.

I'm actually am looking forward to Clannad's After Story.

Oh yeah, Akira is her name in My-Hime. I don't have a problem with reverse traps. Who having the baby? Hamaji from H20?

I was just saying that I was tried of all the general Gonzo bashing. Didn't say that you were bashing Gonzo. Most of Gonzo's sales probably come from Japan so I doubt that they will suddenly cater to the rest of the world. Sure, they are offering legit subs but their streams are horrible. I couldn't tell what the heck was happening half the time. I think there are some high quality torrents floating around already. Crunchyroll and Gonzo should offer high quality streams with ads.

I think Crunchyroll is planning to put ads in future episodes but it will be futile if the stream suck a** and people just wait to torrent it.

I watched the first 2 episodes of Green Green and really like it except for Yuusuke's perverted friends especially the fat a** so I haven't touch it. The fat pervert annoys me so much despite me also being a pervert. So I haven't touched the DVDs in a while.

I don't find the fat guy copying his breast onto paper to be ecchi. That's just disturbing. Ecchi only counts toward girls.

I somehow think that Eiken takes the cake for being most ecchi and most disturbing. Even though I read that in Green Green, a bear rapes the fat boy.

I love mindless ecchi. What can I say? I'm a hentai fan also but Eiken.. Oh god.. Eiken kills me.

NSFWNSFW lol
gif 1
gif 2
gif 3 lol
loli with huge knockers!
gif 4?
last gif
NSFWNSFW lol

Nothing more ecchi than a pair of hideously gigantic knockers bouncing around. Nothing is more disturbing than hideously gigantic knockers to me.

I'm glad we can agree that Shigofumi and Shinigami is similar, but not exact. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:17 pm
Meh. I think the tennis thing was too much in my opinion, and I would of loved the whole "Tomoya dating the younger sister, dumped her and went after the older sister" drama. As you can tell, I'm a big fan of Ryou and Kyou.

And I was also sad that they decided not to give Tomoyo a full arc either @_@

Maybe they'll do Tomoyo After if they decide to make CLANNAD After Story a 26 episode series and split the two in half...

Reverse traps and Traps are basically the same thing to me. And yeah, it's him having the baby 3nodding

Ahh, good then. I didn't exactly want you to start putting words in my mouth and using it against me @_@
I hate it when people do that D:

And free is free, what can you say? Beggers can't be choosers? But I'll still be torrenting the higher quality episode just to actually see it. Think of the bad stream like a preview for the real thing. 3nodding

Ads would make things go a lot better. For instance, couldn't they make an anime cost a lot less if they put more adds for different anime before the thing starts? Though, it would be annoying, it would still make money am I right?

Also, possibly making the screen smaller would help with the quality domokun

Eh, that type of series ain't exactly my cup of tea. The fat a** annoys the hell out of me, and the ***** should turn into a bat Dx

Ecchi = perverted. I'm fairly sure theres guys that can be perverted. I heard that Monochrome Factor, a yaoi manga that's being adapted into an anime, was heavy ecchi o-o;;

Eiken scares the hell out of me D:
And I have to admit, it's worse than Green Green D:

And are you sure those pics won't get you banned on Gaia? They're fairly borderline in my opinion o-o;;

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:36 am
I agree, I'm a heavy fan of Kyou. Tomoyo After would also be great too since she is second best to me.

Did Hamaji turn back into a girl? Or is he still crossdressing? Who's the baby's father?

Yeah, free is free but I get HD channels for free. You could say that Internet and TV are not the same thing but I don't see a difference.
I don't know if they could make it cost less with ads. Yeah, it would still make money. The video is already small enough, anything smaller is gay IMHO.

Yeah, I know that anime guys are called ecchi all the time but I don't watch an ecchi anime to look at the guys. Maybe I might be getting confused. Maybe

One of the amazing thing is that J.C. Staff was involved with the production of Eiken.

I think the only way I would get banned is if someone reported me. Plus I added "NFSW" so can't say I didn't warn anyone. I might be treading on a thin line. Heh  
~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff